D1 vs. JS on Mariner

SLH

My girlfriend and her dd (age5) are thinking about joining my dd(age 13) and myself for a girls only cruise. We have a E2 cabin now but would want to change to either a D1 or JS. Will the D1 be enough space? We would rather not have to spend the extra $$ on the JS but don't want to be cramped.:)

My girlfriend and her dd (age5) are thinking about joining my dd(age 13) and myself for a girls only cruise. We have a E2 cabin now but would want to change to either a D1 or JS. Will the D1 be enough space? We would rather not have to spend the extra $$ on the JS but don't want to be cramped.:)

You will be able to manage in a D1, but there is a lot more space in a JS! If you can do it, I say go for the JS :D

I agree with Robyn. (of course!) 3rd and 4th passengers will be the same price in either a D1 or a JS, so the only increase should be in the first two passengers' fare. The 5 year old is young enough to miss whatever pre-school she is in, but the 13 year old *I* would not take out of school. The point is to take advantage of lower fares during school time, when the demand is lower and discounts are more likely.

The *real* problem is that all the D1 and JS cabins on the Mariner allow for four passengers by having two of them share a sofabed.

How is THAT going to *sit* with the 13 year old?????

Archived