Junior Suite Questions

ncjeff

Sorry for the dumb question. Just getting ready for my second cruise and first one on RCI. I have a JS. What exactly is this cruise credit? :confused:

It's part of a loyalty program that RCCL offers. You get a credit each time you cruise but you get more credit's the longer your cruise is and the higher catagory your room is. I'm new to it as well. After so long the rewards transfer into on board credits, and other perks as you go. Go to the C & A (crown and anchor) portion of the RCCL website, and it will explain more to you. :)

Never stayed in a JS, but heard they are very nice. Not sure if you have a privacy issue(we have travelled with our kids since they were teenagers-3 girls and a boy), and I know my husband and I like the privacy issue and have always had a balcony room for us and either promenade rooms or balcony rooms for our kids. It might be a problem at that age to have the kids share a bed, in a separate room they could each have their own bed and you would gain another bathroom plus privacy. Just a suggestion, but ultimately it is your choice and I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise!

Also, you didn't say what dates in July '07, but I looked it up, and if you go on July 22nd '07, you can get 2 balcony rooms on deck 7 for $6596 vs. 1 JS on deck 9 for $7896--so you could get two balcony rooms cheaper and get privacy and two bathrooms(you could do adjoining rooms). We stayed on deck 8 with balcony rooms on Freedom last July, so I am sure deck 7 difference is minimal. The only thing you wouldn't get would be two cruise credits, so it is personal preference, but it does cost more in this example.

We were on the Mariner in January. My sons were 12 and 10. No way could they both have slept in that folding couch together. We did have a Jr Suite - as recommended by someone here on the boards here as soon as we got to our room I asked our room stewart to bring a fold away cot. They were both comfortble. During the day the cot was folded up and kind of tucked behind the drapes. At night there was still room for them not to "accidently" punch each other and I could still walk between the the couch and the cot to get out to the balcony in the morning for my coffee. The walk in closet isn't bad either! We would highly recommend the Jr. Suite for the ages of your children.

In Miami you just get in the line for suites and you will receive priority check in and boarding. Used it twice in Miami before making Diamond and had no problems at all.

If you were Platinum members at the time, you get priorty boarding no matter what catagory you're in.

The only time we did not qualify for priorty boarding we were denied access to the suite check in line when we had a JS cabin. However, we were also there when it seemed like a majority of passengers were arriving. I suspect if the suite check in line had few people in it while the other lines had a lot of people in them, they may have let it slide to reduce some of the back up. Much like our local grocery store will let people in the express check out lane who clearly have more than 15 items in their cart if all the regular lanes are full and no one is in the express lane.

At any rate, priorty check in does not seem to be something that's a 100% lock but most CC members do report getting it without problems. Only on Explorer and, I think it was Enchantment have I seen them enforce the Suite/Plat/Diamond check in line. On Enchantment, we had a JS but we were also Plat. C&A members. They did have someone checking documents that day but, it's the only time I recall seeing anyone do so.

My opinion is, get into the priorty Suite/Plat/Diamond line and don't worry about it. If someone asks you to use a different line, then so be it. Most of the time they'll just let it pass rather than take a chance arguing about the name Junior SUITE.

Also, you didn't say what dates in July '07, but I looked it up, and if you go on July 22nd '07, you can get 2 balcony rooms on deck 7 for $6596 vs. 1 JS on deck 9 for $7896--so you could get two balcony rooms cheaper and get privacy and two bathrooms(you could do adjoining rooms). We stayed on deck 8 with balcony rooms on Freedom last July, so I am sure deck 7 difference is minimal. The only thing you wouldn't get would be two cruise credits, so it is personal preference, but it does cost more in this example.

but wouldn't you get 1 credit for each room & thus 2!?

If you were Platinum members at the time, you get priorty boarding no matter what catagory you're in.

The only time we did not qualify for priorty boarding we were denied access to the suite check in line when we had a JS cabin. However, we were also there when it seemed like a majority of passengers were arriving. I suspect if the suite check in line had few people in it while the other lines had a lot of people in them, they may have let it slide to reduce some of the back up. Much like our local grocery store will let people in the express check out lane who clearly have more than 15 items in their cart if all the regular lanes are full and no one is in the express lane.

At any rate, priorty check in does not seem to be something that's a 100% lock but most CC members do report getting it without problems. Only on Explorer and, I think it was Enchantment have I seen them enforce the Suite/Plat/Diamond check in line. On Enchantment, we had a JS but we were also Plat. C&A members. They did have someone checking documents that day but, it's the only time I recall seeing anyone do so.

My opinion is, get into the priorty Suite/Plat/Diamond line and don't worry about it. If someone asks you to use a different line, then so be it. Most of the time they'll just let it pass rather than take a chance arguing about the name Junior SUITE.

and I learn yet another thing on this web site:D . I thought it was

d up for priority w/o suite. thanks for the info

I believe Credits are per eligible person traveling in a cabin, possible extra credits per trip length (12n or more), and per cabin category (JS or higher). You are considered to be in 1 cabin for credit purposes.

Some people have suggested that the amount of $ you pay, should determine amount of credit. But RCI doesn't do it this way.

Brenda, they would not get 2 credits, the credits are per person, their kids would each get a credit and the parents would each get a credit. When the kids turn 18 they can join the C&A society and get credit for their past cruises :D

###

Brenda, they would not get 2 credits, the credits are per person, their kids would each get a credit and the parents would each get a credit. When the kids turn 18 they can join the C&A society and get credit for their past cruises :D

###

ok, but I thought there could not be kids in a cabin by themselves? Someone had posted on another thread about 1 adult in 1 room with kid and the other adult in another with the other kid. But I do stand corrected. Like I have said before, I learn ALOT on this website & I am very appreciative for all I have learned in a short amount of time. Thanks y'all.

A Junior Suite, not a full grown suite. So no perks.... you can try to get in the suite line but on Freedom we hard folks being told to get in the regular line. Its a big room with a tub & walk in closet. That's it, not worth $1000 extra for us.

The JS are definatley WORTH IT!!!!!!!!! You can find them not much more than Oceanview cabins, depends on the booking time, coupons, early booking, and sometimes the "hot deals" on RCL site.

Perks ARE suite embarkation, 2 cruise credits.

For my family of four and for four cruise, a JS is always priced the same or more than adjoining balcony or oceanview cabins. So for us, getting the adjoining cabins is a no brainer: more total room, four real beds, privacy for the parents, an extra bathroom, and two balconies!

ok, but I thought there could not be kids in a cabin by themselves? Someone had posted on another thread about 1 adult in 1 room with kid and the other adult in another with the other kid. But I do stand corrected. Like I have said before, I learn ALOT on this website & I am very appreciative for all I have learned in a short amount of time. Thanks y'all.

You're right, an adult should be in a room with a child.....but they do it all the time. If they can get two adjoining rooms, they can keep the door opened between cabins.

You're right, an adult should be in a room with a child.....but they do it all the time. If they can get two adjoining rooms, they can keep the door opened between cabins.

sooooooooo , if an adult is supposed to be in the room, why couldn't they book it--dad & son in 1 and mom & daughter in the other & then get 2 credits?;) I know that is sneaky, BUT.... doesn't matter to me

sooooooooo , if an adult is supposed to be in the room, why couldn't they book it--dad & son in 1 and mom & daughter in the other & then get 2 credits?;) I know that is sneaky, BUT.... doesn't matter to me

Because it is per person, not per couple :D They still only get one credit per person - it is not per cabin. If they were in the same cabin together, they would still get 1 credit each.

And to confuse you further, if your hubby goes on a cruise without out, you too would get the credit as long as you are in the same household.

###

And the other "No perk" that you DO GET is two cruise credits instead of one.

Good one! LOL:D

For the OP, Yes, you absolutely get priority boarding on the Explorer and you are on the suite guest list and yes, they do check! Another "no perk".

See the other JS thread to learn more;)

Like I said, it is personal preference, but we chose 2 balcony cabins(which you can get adjoining and close the door when you are getting ready or want privacy), this way you get a king bed for you and your spouse and can get two seperate twin beds for the boy and girl, plus you get two bathrooms, which to us are entirely worth it--and it is cheaper than a junior suite.

However, for some a junior suite is their personal preference and they would rather deal with the bed, one bathroom and privacy issue to get the added perk of 2 cruise per person for a junior suite or above. The kids are too young now, but when they turn 18 and join the C & A Society, they will get all the credits that were accumulated for the household, even cruises that their parents took without them, as our teenagers did with one cruise we took without them.

Archived