Junior Suite Questions

ncjeff

Looking at FOS for summertime and I have a couple of questions

Do the Junior Suites have ample room for 4 ?

What would the sleeping arrangements be?

Mom/Dad 13y/o Boy and 12 y/o Girl

Fold down Wall beds and Convertible Sofa?

Also if anyone knows of the activities for that age group? (Structured)

Also if you receive priority boarding with the JS?

Thanks in advance

The JS we had on Explorer had a sofa sleeper. There is plenty of room for 4 IMO. I have pics of our Explorer JS cabin if you want to get an idea of cabin size. The link is in my signature below.

Priority boarding has been reported as a perk of the JS catagory cabin. We've reached diamond level so priorty boarding is a given no matter what cabin cat. we're in. The only first hand experience I had in a JS before reaching a C&A level were it doesn't matter was a few years ago and we weren't granted priority boarding. We are definately in the minority of those reporting back for JS cabins on this one and, RCI may have changed the rules in the meantime.

You will get "priority boarding" in a JS--just get in the "suite" checkin line.

A JS is fine for 2 adults and 2 kids--it will have a sofa bed that the kids will share--they may not like that. No pullmans in a JS! (I'd let one sleep on the sofa and 1 on the floors, rather than give up the real bed to kids!) A JS is about the size of a regular hotel room. At least you will have a slightly larger bathroom, because of the tub.

I can't tell you much about Adventure Ocean--but friends with kids have raved about it! I do know they keep the kids busy and, with the exception of the pool, other passengers rarely see the kids!!!!

A Junior Suite, not a full grown suite. So no perks.... you can try to get in the suite line but on Freedom we hard folks being told to get in the regular line. Its a big room with a tub & walk in closet. That's it, not worth $1000 extra for us.

GOOD LUCK!

You will love the JS cabin. Though it might not be a "FULL GROWN SUITE" (whatever the heck that is) it is approximately 100 sq. ft larger than a D1 cabin. Has a nice size balcony also. You can sleep 4 in there very nicely and you will never feel cramped. Lots of shelving space and the walk in closet is large enough that you could actually use it as a dressing room. Use the Diamond/+/Suite boarding line when embarking.

In Miami you just get in the line for suites and you will receive priority check in and boarding. Used it twice in Miami before making Diamond and had no problems at all.

The JS cabins are a nice step up over a regular balcony cabin. Much larger cabin and you get a full tub and not just a shower. Worth the extra money IMHO. I have some photos of a JS in my Navigator link below. Very similar to what you will find on the FOS.

I also think a jr. suite is worth every penny. The additional storage, room in the bedroom area and the room in the bathroom makes it quite a deal IMO.........I can't speak specifically to your cruise or the pricing.....but sometimes if you look close enough you can get a jr. suite for not much more than a regular balcony stateroom. I have had them as low as $400 more for the stateroom for a 10 day cruise. That may not be the case with your cruise.........but you can't go wrong with a jr. suite.........

I also think a jr. suite is worth every penny. The additional storage, room in the bedroom area and the room in the bathroom makes it quite a deal IMO.........I can't speak specifically to your cruise or the pricing.....but sometimes if you look close enough you can get a jr. suite for not much more than a regular balcony stateroom. I have had them as low as $400 more for the stateroom for a 10 day cruise. That may not be the case with your cruise.........but you can't go wrong with a jr. suite.........

That happened to us when the Radiance C&A Member's cruise to Alaska was first released. The JS wasn't that much more than a D1 and was about $300 less than a GS. It's all a matter of timing and booking early!!

Try a JS on a Radiance or Voyager class ship..............it'll blow you away!!

Absolutely right! We had always cruised in Vision and Sovereign Family ships, and we were happy with their JS. However, we just got back from the Navigator, and our JS was enormous, with a roomy bathroom, large walk-in closet and a generous balcony... Another "non-perk" :rolleyes:

LL

Try a JS on a Radiance or Voyager class ship..............it'll blow you away!!

I agree Patti.............I think I actually like the ones on the Radiance class even better:)

I agree Patti.............I think I actually like the ones on the Radiance class even better:)

And would you believe that the JS on Radiance Class are approximately 6 sq.ft. smaller than Voyager class. I don't think I miss that extra footage and I like the shelving better on Radiance class.

This is our first time on Royal Carribean and we decided the JS would be fun (we've become hooked on balcony's).

Silly questions since I haven't found information on the site regarding JS's. do you get a butler or a steward? Any perks like tea time in the cabin or anything else we should know about? I like the double points for a suite. Makes it worth while for us <grin>

This is our first time on Royal Carribean and we decided the JS would be fun (we've become hooked on balcony's).

Silly questions since I haven't found information on the site regarding JS's. do you get a butler or a steward? Any perks like tea time in the cabin or anything else we should know about? I like the double points for a suite. Makes it worth while for us <grin>

Sorry to say that there is no butler service just your regular cabin attendant. No tea time..........just the extra cruise credit.....which I will take anyday over a butler and tea time.

When we sailed on Celebrity Summit we tried a Sky Suite and it came with a butler and tea time and pre dinner goodies. The butler was a pain the behind cause he always came just as we were getting ready for dinner (learned towards the end of the cruise to put the "do not disturb sign" out). The 3:00 tea was nice (we asked for hot chocolate) as was the pre dinner treats (but way too much for two)...........and when you have early seating..........it was just too much food.

I'm happy to say there is no butler............:) my wife much prefers to unpack herself..........

Congrats on your first jr. suite.......you will simply enjoy it.......

And would you believe that the JS on Radiance Class are approximately 6 sq.ft. smaller than Voyager class. I don't think I miss that extra footage and I like the shelving better on Radiance class.

Didn't even notice the 6 sq. ft..........and for some reason, I do like the walk in closet on the Voyager class better........it seems larger on the Voyager class but maybe it isn't (walk in closet that is)

Can't say on the FOS, but on the Rhapsody, I slept on the sofa bed and that was the most comfortable sofa bed i ever slept on, didn't really feel like a sofa bed at all. I agree with other posters, go for it. In Galveston, we were in priority boarding line and we are still (but not for long) lowly little Gold level--but that's Galveston, don't know about Miami. I also love the double credit. We will see how we shift from JS to D1 in 11 days:( . We just did not want to spend the extra $900 for the cabin that it would of cost us & noticed that there is not that much difference in size from Vison class JS and Voyager class JS. BUT for our upcoming 16 day, we booked JS & I am continually watching the prices to even upgrafe from that.

Good luck & have fun!!~

We've done a JS three times out of Bayonne - the first two, they weren't checking who got in the suite line, but this past time, there was someone there with a clip-board and list of "qualified" cabins - and our was on it! So, yes, JS's DO get priority boarding. I think mom and dad will end up having to share the sofabed as I can't see a 12 and 13 year old (of opposite sexes) sharing it. On the upside, the walk-in closet makes a great "changing room" for getting ready each day.

Archived