Help with noordam cabin choice.

mmp13

We were looking at the vf catagory cabins and I was wondering how big an obstacle the metal rail is and if the bigger balcony would make putting up with the non plexi-glass balcony railing. Thanks I am talking about VF catagory cabins on the upper promanade deck forward.

For me a non-plexi glass railing is a big no-no. I want to view the sea when sitting at my cabin or verandah. With a metal railing you have to stand to be able to view the sea properly.

IMO the non-plexi glass railing really is a big issue when considering the views of a cabin - however I do appreciate that for some others it's not an issue. :)

Edit: These pics are not from Noordam but illustrate IMO the general difference between plexi and non-plexi on HAL...

img_verandah_popup.jpg

img_deluxe_ver_outside_popup.jpg

Just in case you weren't aware: some VF category cabins DO have plexiglas railings. On deck 5, the cabins just aft of the point where the superstructure narrows and just forward of where it widens, near the stern, all have the standard plexiglas railings.

We had cabin 5065 on the Oosterdam and it was great. You do look down on the lifeboats, but they do not obstruct your view outward in any way.

Paul Noble

I believe that the verandah steel wall on the deck 4 VFs are even worse than European_Cruisegirl's first picture shows, because they are solid all the way up to the wooden rail cap, not partially open as her picture shows. See next post.

Archived