Miami -- Hyatt vs Intercontinental - Hotwire

familycruzer

Hotwire has the Miami Downtown Hyatt for $113 for my stay in August. I was kind of hoping for Intercontinental but each time I check it has not been listed. For those of you that use hotwire a lot or are familiar with downtown Miami prices, should I buy now or wait and see what happens.

Can only tell you that we have booked the Hyatt for March 4th on Hotwire -- 4 rooms @ 116 and 2 @119, excluding taxes and fees. We thought it was a good price given all our research and the fact that we couldn't get it on Priceline for $100 -- on another thread someone was up to 115 on priceline for the 4 star, downtown, for April, I believe. August is not a popular month for Miami -- why don't you try Priceline -- you might be able to do better.

I am not an avid user of Hotwire or Priceline - but can you please share 'hotel description' on Hotwire which is associated w/the Intercontinental Hotel? I may be looking for something pre-cruise in March.

Thanks so much!

Froufie

Froufie,

on Hotwire look for the 4 star, customer favorite ( in red letters). Also make sure it says Downtown Miami and that it has a laundry center in the amenities. I got the IC for 4/22/07 on Hotwire, peak season for $179 instead of the IC website price of $379.

We got the Intercontinental through RCCL for $109 for Sept. 1.

I almost fell off the chair when they quoted me and booked the hotel immediately. I had asked for qyuotes for the hyatt and Intercontinental, but they had booked all their rooms at the Hyatt. But for $109, we got a great deal in my opinion.

Archived