Viking Waterways of the Czars 7/15 Surkov

Tennessee Traveler

Hi Cincy Al,

The ship was sold out. There were 6 buses of 34 each for our shore excursions. WE had a chance to ask the people from Grand Circle on another ship, and they agreed with what we thought - great places to visit, but the service and food weren't up to the standards of previous cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Tennessee Traveler, thanks for the great review. I'm hoping that by the time we go next September, some of the problems you encountered will be resolved. Anyway, we know what to expect with the bill and that's very helpful!!

I'd love to see the photos when you sort them out. Hope the boat's ready for us in time!

mtcabin2,

I'll be glad to send a link to the pictures from Russia. I need an e mail to send you the link. Thanks for your comments. Isn't Cruise Critic wonderful for all of us travelers?

Yes! I just found out about the forums when we did China in April and some of the people we were with had been corresponding via CC for months! I've been in a forum with people on our next cruise and feel like we're already friends. It'll be neat to meet them. Here's my email for the photos, and thanks!

trish.reynolds@gmail.com

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I will update you, but I hope to read a review from someone on the vessel this summer. I will not be on my VR Russian Waterways of the Czars until Oct 2008.

Emily

Archived