Platinum Boarding question

Sox Fan Cruiser

I posted this ? deep in a thread and decided it needs it own.

I printed out our boarding passes for our cruise this weekend. YEAH!!

My husband is platinum but it doesn't say that anywhere on there. Can we still use the "preferred check in" line? I thought it would have said something on the boarding pass.

Our packet had a Preferred Check-In sticker on the outside. We saw people being directed to the security line, bypassing the regular line. So when we saw a Princess rep, we showed him our packet and were also directed to the security line. A quick line through the metal detector/xray for the bags, and we were off to the check in counter. Lines were actually shorter in the Preferred checkin. Total time was less than 45 minutes from arriving at the port to entering our cabin. It was great!!!

We may have been one of the last cruises to receive actual "packets". Why not log in to the Princess and print off the page that shows your Platinum status and bring that? Hopefully, that will get you to the front of the line.

Have a great trip! :)

If you're Platinum, your boarding pass is actually bordered in a different color. My husband is Platinum (while me and my kids are not)...so his is green and says "Preferred" at the top. Ours are blue and do not say "Preferred." Hope that helps.

If you are worried at all - as the platinum line does tend to be shorter, just have your husband bring his platinum card with him. I booked a last minute cruise once and they didn't print anywhere on my ticket or boarding pass that I was platinum but I had brought my card with me and that was all I needed for the platinum line and lounge. Once I was on the ship there were no problems as my key was platinum.

So with the Preferred Boarding you can bypass the long main line and go right to security and then check-in? Is that correct? We booked a full suite which is supposed to have preferred boarding. I was wondering how it worked.

This is correct....it is like the First Class check in at the airline checkin counter......First Class to the short quicker line.....everyone else to the long line......they call if preferred boarding instead of first class.

This is correct....it is like the First Class check in at the airline checkin counter......First Class to the short quicker line.....everyone else to the long line......they call if preferred boarding instead of first class.

Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out what time to arrive so we don't have to wait for them to open the doors. We like to board as soon as possible so we can spend as much time onboard as possible that first day (also avoids having to buy lunch). But standing around waiting for them to open doors would rather defeat the purpose of preferred boarding. :o

We're sailing the Crown out of San Juan in April. I figured I'd wait a few more months and then ask our fellow cruisers what time they've been boarding the Crown.

In theory this is correct. The platinum line is usually shorter, however, if its not, you can certainly go in the regular line.

Last cruise for us the platinum line was longer than the regular!!

Jeanne

Archived