Suit Colours!!!

Just wondering about suits on the smart casual nights on Explorer.

I've only been on one cruise, where it was relatively informal (No tux's).

Specifically for taking when I travel, I bought a linen suit (the creased look, so nobody can tell, when its finally prised out of my suitcase).

Obviously this suit is pale, stone coloured...looks good with a dark shirt...but am I going to look toooo casual?

The RCI website suggests dark suits on smart casual nights. Am I worrying over nothing?:confused:

I am using the tux rental service for the formal nights.

RCCL does not recommend a dark suit on Smart casual night. They recommend a sport coat. For "formal" night they recommend a tux or dark suit, but noone would complain if you wore a light colored suit. The problem is when people show up for formal night in ratty jeans and a tank top.

I think a linen suit is perfect for a cruise. I also think light colored suits are perfect for a summer cruise. The dress rules seem to be very flexible, and open to interpretation.

Although I didn't ask the question, I'd like to say thanks for the answers. DH has a nice grey suit that he bought for our wedding and I was wondering if he needed something darker. Am glad to know that what he has is fine.

He's only got two other sport coats (both of which are nice)--does he need to take 'em both for an 11-night cruise? He thinks the suit and ONE of them will be fine. I'd like him to take both. Opinions, please?

Thanks,

Beffy

A good looking linen suit is acceptable on a Summer cruise. If it is smart enough you can get away with formal nights too...as long as the tie and shoes are special. RCI isn't quite as formal as, say, Celebrity. You can also have a white/off white dinner jacket between Memorial Day and Labor Day or year round in the tropics.

The important thing to remember is that you have made the effort to dress nicely on formal night. You are not showing up in jeans and open shirt or shorts and flip flops...which are totally unacceptable.

ROSS

Just wondering about suits on the smart casual nights on Explorer.

I've only been on one cruise, where it was relatively informal (No tux's).

Specifically for taking when I travel, I bought a linen suit (the creased look, so nobody can tell, when its finally prised out of my suitcase).

Obviously this suit is pale, stone coloured...looks good with a dark shirt...but am I going to look toooo casual?

The RCI website suggests dark suits on smart casual nights. Am I worrying over nothing?:confused:

I am using the tux rental service for the formal nights.

I think a black shirt with the stone colored suit would be smashing. Maybe you could find a tie that is black with stone in a pattern or stripe. WOW

Norma

Archived