#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

I think it's for first timers or gold members. You of course get it for free!

Welcome back Mississauga . How did you enjoy your cruise ? We just booked the Sapphire Princess for a 16 night cruise to Asia on October 17 , 2007 . T is already booked on another cruise and refuses to budge . lol . Wanna come at least you can guide us since you can speak the language ?

Bill where are you going to be October of 2007 ? Don't want to hijack your thread .

I wonder how this works for Platinum members? Do we have to select a pricing plan? Sounds weird to me.

I read somewhere on cc that you still have to pick a plan but all charges are reversed as they are now. So I don't see any advantage in picking anything other than pay as you go.

To login, you no longer need your cruise card. You start at a login screen where you enter your login name (first initial, last name, cabin number) and password). Then select a pricing plan.
Hopefully, this will help cut down on the cheaters swapping cruise cards to get the free Internet. I think this is a good thing.

Hopefully, this will help cut down on the cheaters swapping cruise cards to get the free Internet. I think this is a good thing.

Cheaters? That's a little harsh. It's just a friend helping a friend..if the person with the benefit isn't using it...then why not help someone who needs it?

The person with the benefit will simply log in or give all the pertinent information to the friend who will do the logging in...and the friend without the benefit will sit down and use the service.

JMHO :D

Bill

I'm enjoying this Live from a lot and you are having a lot of fun.

I have a question for you about the picing of the internet on ship.

I have been told of .50 minute and then this.

We are just off the Caribbean Princess 11/26 - 12/3 sailing. New login system and new pricing structure are in effect.

To login, you no longer need your cruise card. You start at a login screen where you enter your login name (first initial, last name, cabin number) and password). Then select a pricing plan.

The new pricing structure has three options:

Time Plan 1: 250 minutes for $100 (0.40 per minute);

Time Plan 2: 100 minutes for $55 (0.55 per minute) and

Pay-as-you-go for 0.75 per minute.

No more 0.35 per minute!

Thank You

FryGirl

Hi FryGirl, Still Straight 50 cents per minute on the Golden, I showed them the Rate structure above, and they have No Knowledge of this for the Golden or other Ships:confused: Must be a Test/Trial of a New Pricing Structure on Only the CB right now. It makes sense b/c the CB is the Largest & they will get the most results;) "Stay tuned for coming attractions, on a Princess Ship near you Soon!":D :eek: My Best! Bill

BTW, after my talk with the 1st Pruser yesterday. Today they started putting an extra man, part-time as a fill in[during unstaffed hours) to help the staffing problem in the IC. (Paying him Extra/ outside his regular hours;) ) Bill

Bill where are you going to be October of 2007 ? Don't want to hijack your thread .

We are on the Emerald Sept 26-Oct 25, 07 B2B 29 Days, Barcelona to Venice & Venice to Ft Lauderdale.:) No Worries, on HiJacking:eek: :D !

My Best! Bill

Good morning Bill' date=' I see your ship on the Madeira web cam this morning. It looks like a beautiful day, hope you have a good one.

Lola in Hamilton[/quote']

Hi Lola,

The Weather Today was Incredible, Warm, Dry, Sunny, light Breeze (How do you Spell Perfec_!):D Someone please wake me up, it can't be this nice these many days in a row on a Cruise, Plus 5 Days b/4! Magnifico!!!;)

"This Island is like Paradise", Irene's words after the 1st hour on tour.:)

& I Agree! Clean, Neat, Picture Perfect, Friendly People, brooms in many peoples hands, Cable Car ride 15 Minutes to top, 1700' Rise from Beach, Wow! 2,000' Sea Cliff, second highest in the World! Tropical Plants All green & flowering, & Hard Oak Trees turning their Fall Colors in Dec :+)

It must be Paradise. I'd like to stop on this Island for every TA, the Botanical Gradens were lovely, and so well maintained. Irene bought all her Xmas presents, with the lovely Portugese handiwork & lace. & The RIDE down the winding roads in a Large Wicker Basket was Fast, breath-taking, Scenic, Fun,

Scarey, and worth every penny & then some, I had no idea. What a lovely Place, it will be a highlight of the Whole Trip, Including Roma!:D

More Later.................... Bill on our way out of PARADISE! Madeira! Wow! What a pleasant surprise.:D Bill

Cheaters? That's a little harsh. It's just a friend helping a friend..if the person with the benefit isn't using it...then why not help someone who needs it?

The person with the benefit will simply log in or give all the pertinent information to the friend who will do the logging in...and the friend without the benefit will sit down and use the service.

JMHO

Thank you, those are two Good opinions.:) I'm not going there, I Can't!:D But let's hope everyone does, what they feel is right.;) Any further discussion needs to be put on a New Thread!:)

My Best! Bill

You are very correct re: free internet discussion..no argument there!

Thank you for your wonderful description of Madeira...it truly does sound beautiful. Will put that island on the "must see" list. I nearly went there on another cruise that was cancelled. What a lovely surprised to be captivated by a port stop! So glad you continue to enjoy your cruise!

Always waiting to hear more!!

Joyce

Hi FryGirl, Still Straight 50 cents per minute on the Golden, I showed them the Rate structure above, and they have No Knowledge of this for the Golden or other Ships:confused: Must be a Test/Trial of a New Pricing Structure on Only the CB right now. It makes sense b/c the CB is the Largest & they will get the most results;) "Stay tuned for coming attractions, on a Princess Ship near you Soon!":D :eek: My Best! Bill

;) ) Bill

They had something like that on the Regal this past spring. If Tony sees this, he may comment.

Arlene

Bill,

What tour did you go on in Madiera? Dawn & I will be there in the fall and you have peeked our interest.

Jeff

Jeff, It was called "Cable Car & Botanical Gardens", I believe, but it was much more. It was only from 9AM to 1PM,(We caught lunch on the ship) or you could still could stay in town until 4:30 and $5.00 Princess Shuttle back, or share a Cab or walk it was not that far at all;) We are glad we did not do the All Day "Spirit of Madeira", we cancelled, it was Sold out b/4 the Start of Cruise, went till 4PM & there was a small lunch & a Church Tour also, no more.;) We had a chance to go in a church, shopping 3 different places, lots of time, The Wicker Basket Ride, the Gardens, the Cable Car, & could go at your own pace, No Rushing, lots of time & choices at each place, with or without the group!:D This is the One to Do in Madeira,(IMHO) if you do any, & I would even do it again!:D My Best! Bill

Bill, you and Irene enjoy you ride across the big blue. Just checked the Kroooze Cam and it appears there were festivities going on in the Wedding Chappel yesterday. Maybe a renewal....

Hi, Thank you, we will love it! The cruise is only in the Middle & there are no more ports to visit!:eek: Yippie!:D Yup, lot's of activies in the Chapel, there are Renewals all the time & there were two weddings there on Friday or Saturday!(A few days ago, they listed the Congratulations in the Patter!);) Madeira was all full of lights(Never saw so many in one little city & port) for Xmas & we left too early to see it:( , it would have been Spectacular! :D My Best! Bill

You are very correct re: free internet discussion..no argument there!

Thank you for your wonderful description of Madeira...it truly does sound beautiful. Will put that island on the "must see" list. I nearly went there on another cruise that was cancelled. What a lovely surprised to be captivated by a port stop! So glad you continue to enjoy your cruise!

Always waiting to hear more!!

Joyce

You are welcome!:) It was a Very Pleasant Surprise, & on the last port stop, before 8 Sea Days.;) A Very fitting ending, to a Great 1st Half Cruise w/ weather "to die for":D It is a Must See! We hope to get there again several more times, it is a Paradise! Bill

They had something like that on the Regal this past spring. If Tony sees this, he may comment.

Arlene

.........we had yesterday for lunch: PRINCESS Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D & for Dinner Tonight Greek night,Princess Golden Mussakara(Sp) a Baaaaaaaaaaaa Stew, Wish you were here on the Golden!;) Yummy!:D Bill

BTW The Old Royal(P&O Artemis), was in port with us today, she is still a Proud Lady! We watched her sail off through our Large Picture window at Dinner as the Sun Set on the Big Pond(She looked lovely all lite up), we watched her for almost an hour, as she got out of sight, she was heading South West, to ? Does anyone know? B

This is the Way to prevent Jet Lag, Don't use the Jets, use the Ships! :D

Not much in entertainment tonight on the Ship : Chris Contillo, Pianist in the Princess Theatre 8:30 & 10:30. Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest 8PM & 10:45PM in the Vista Lounge.(Saw it Flying from Atl to Rome;) ) Maurizio, still packing them in in the Promenade Lounge. The Ray Perry Duo in Desert Rose(No Comment), Deep Blue (Quartet) Excellent in the Explorer's Lounge! The Tito Cruz Quartet & Jackie Harrrison Trio, Alternating in the Wheelhouse Bar(No Comment) & 60's Memory Lane 9-12PM & All Request Express Midnight to Late? in SkyWalker's Nightclub! (no Comment) Lot's of Entertainment, BUT.......???? My Best! Bill

Later.....................................

Welcome back Mississauga . How did you enjoy your cruise ? We just booked the Sapphire Princess for a 16 night cruise to Asia on October 17 , 2007 . T is already booked on another cruise and refuses to budge . lol . Wanna come at least you can guide us since you can speak the language ?

Had a great time. Read post #68 ( pg.4 ) from this thread. Would love to go on the Sapphire cruise in Oct.2007....even had DH schedule his vacation for then but................might put this thread in jeopardy so email me. Will give it to Bill.

Cheaters? That's a little harsh. It's just a friend helping a friend..if the person with the benefit isn't using it...then why not help someone who needs it? The person with the benefit will simply log in or give all the pertinent information to the friend who will do the logging in...and the friend without the benefit will sit down and use the service. :D
Any way you phrase this, lending your card with certain benefits for others to use so they don't have to pay for it is cheating. I don't think that's harsh.

Archived