#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

Hi...thank you Bill for replacing Tony's 'Live From'.....just reading your 'news' from the cruise ship warms me up. It's only 32F here and there is this white stuff on the ground...LOL

My question...does anyone know why Princess would keep our door keys/cruise cards when we disembarked the Grand on Nov. 18? I was upset, for the second that I was allowed to digest that information before 'she' grabbed it out of my hand, because that card is an integral part of my cruise memory.

Perhaps after my 30th cruise...it won't be so important....but I don't even have 20 cruises under my belt yet....getting closer though.

Just wondered if Tony had to hand his card in...or anyone else disembarking a recent Princess cruise.

Thanks...and enjoy your cruise!

Joyce :D

We have always been able to keep our card, I have the Two from our Coral

B2B weeks ago & the others. I Think the person that did that didn't know better, or else there was another Real reason?:confused: Anyone else, have to give them your card when disembarking?

Thanks for coming along! Bill Live on the Golden!

Hi...thank you Bill for replacing Tony's 'Live From'.....just reading your 'news' from the cruise ship warms me up. It's only 32F here and there is this white stuff on the ground...LOL

My question...does anyone know why Princess would keep our door keys/cruise cards when we disembarked the Grand on Nov. 18? I was upset, for the second that I was allowed to digest that information before 'she' grabbed it out of my hand, because that card is an integral part of my cruise memory.

Perhaps after my 30th cruise...it won't be so important....but I don't even have 20 cruises under my belt yet....getting closer though.

Just wondered if Tony had to hand his card in...or anyone else disembarking a recent Princess cruise.

Thanks...and enjoy your cruise!

Joyce :D

We have always been able to keep our card, I have the Two from our Coral

B2B weeks ago & the others. I Think the person that did that didn't know better, or else there was another Real reason?:confused: Anyone else, have to give them your card when disembarking?

Thanks for coming along! Bill Live on the Golden!

The "live from" threads are a great way for everyone to go on virtual voyages throughout the fleet and I think I can speak for all that we appreciate the extra effort and time it takes to log on and report on your cruise, sometimes on more than a daily basis.:)

That being said.....

Please use e-mail to convey personal messages, requests for assistance o personal matters from passengers and/or crew on board and to chat about weather and non-cruise related topics, inform others they have email etc. or, unfortunately, the thread will be closed. I think the majority of those reading this thread will agree that they do not want to see this happen.:confused: :rolleyes:

An alternative is to open a thread on the Floataway Lounge to chat with those onboard on personal matters etc.

Thanks once again for your cooperation...

Caroline

Hi Bill

I've been lurking for awhile and have enjoyed all your "Live Froms". Keep them coming as we continue to cruise vicariously thru all your postings.

Jan

Thank you & Thanks for coming along! Bill Live on the Golden!

The "live from" threads are a great way for everyone to go on virtual voyages throughout the fleet and I think I can speak for all that we appreciate the extra effort and time it takes to log on and report on your cruise, sometimes on more than a daily basis.:)

That being said.....

Please use e-mail to convey personal messages, requests for assistance o personal matters from passengers and/or crew on board and to chat about weather and non-cruise related topics, inform others they have email etc. or, unfortunately, the thread will be closed. I think the majority of those reading this thread will agree that they do not want to see this happen.:confused: :rolleyes:

An alternative is to open a thread on the Floataway Lounge to chat with those onboard on personal matters etc.

Caroline

OK, I'll do my Part, I'll answer Golden & Princess Related Questions on here & give info on the Cruise, Food, entertainment, service, etc etc etc.

I will answer personal requests at my eMail which is: Bill at Jotbill dot com My Best! Bill Live on the Golden Princess!

That being said.....

Caroline

Thanks Caroline... Perhaps the Cruise Critic can set up a "Live from" Message Board similiar to the "Roll Call" where threads from all cruise lines can be posted.

That being said.....

Caroline

Did someone complain? :confused:

Just a real life question. I admin at a tech forum, and aside from someone complaining, the admins don't get involved...............

<<I will answer personal requests at my eMail which is: Bill at Jotbill dot com>>

Thanks:) Anything about what's going on during the cruise, others' experiences on Golden and other ships compared to this cruise and questions about onboard activities, entertainment, ports, food etc. and "chatting" about this are fine!

But I 'preciate ya'll holding the personal requests to contact staff members, contact each other etc. to email and avoiding posts telling people that "you've got mail" -- uh, well we all have email don't we???! If anyone has questions about the cruise or your impressions about it they are most definitely appropriate to be posted here!

After all one can never have too many days at sea or too much of a good "cruise fix";)

Bill,

Thanks so much for doing this thread. My MNL, SNL, and friends are along with you. Because of you, I will be able to keep up with them. They are 4 loud ladies from Louisiana. Have a safe trip.

Wendy:p

I think I may have talked with them at lunch or on the tender:D I met several groups of Ladies from LA already, maybe one of them was them:) Thanks for coming along & your Welcome!;) Bill Live on the Golden!

Dear Bill,

Thanks a million for giving me the opportunity to "extend" my vacation through your "live from" posts. DH and I were on the last sailing and had a blast. As relative newbies to cruising (4 cruises under our belt), I must say that we don't always get the special perks that experienced cruisers receive - and deserve! - but I still feel like we were pampered and received first class service.

This was our first med cruise and our first with Princess. I will definately cruise with them again. The ship looked great for its age, its the oldest one I've been on, and the service was excellent. I didn't go to much of the entertainment as I would make it to Players Bar (last stop before the show lounge) and I wouldn't leave!!! A lot of the entertainers, artists, officers, and the Cruise Director (it was Paul O'Laughlan, but I think he was done after our cruise) would take their breaks at Players, which made for interesting evenings. The staff at Players was exceptional. David, from England, is the constant behind the bar. He is very personable and has a great, dry, sense of humour. An absolute sweetheart. He mixes great drinks and makes a Toasted Almond that is out of this world. Sarah is there from 8 to 10. She's effervescent and refreshing. Always ready to mix you a "surprise" cocktail. Actually, both Sarah and David were willing to get creative and invent something for me on those days where I was uninspired. Andres is the third character routinely found at Players. He works the bar and also works the shows. When there are not many people around (when business is slow) he has been known to put on his own entertainment: card tricks! He's quite good and does other various magic tricks too. I apologize for the ramble, but this was my favorite place on the ship and I think it is well worth trying out (maybe for a cigar and a cognac, or a toasted almond) if you are a tad bit early before the next show.

With respect to Joe (Sackenheim), I didn,t see his show, but did spend some time talking with him. He was on DH and I's tour to Ephesus. Above being talented, he is a wonderful person. I hope this is allowed, but I just want to point out that the shop where you can buy alcohol, batteries, etc... also sells Joe's CDs (In case you hadn't noticed already).

Like you, I also liked Maurizio, but was a bit surprised by his "almost pop remix versions" of certain opera pieces. I must admit, it made for a refreshing take on some classics, and he sure does draw a crowd.

DH and I are in our early 30s, and I must say that I thought this ship had a great cross-section of cruisers. I didn't have a problem finding people our age, or like-minded, (and my MIL, which was with us as well, found herself a ballroom dance partner!) I wish I could have stayed on the ship longer, and I'm happy to see that some have availed themselves of this opportunity to sail back to North America, instead of enduring a boring 8 hour flight back. Good for all of you.

I'll be checking in from time to time to vicariously extend my vacation. Again, thank you so much for the opportunity!

Best regards,

Dear Bill,

Thanks a million for giving me the opportunity to "extend" my vacation through your "live from" posts. DH and I were on the last sailing and had a blast. As relative newbies to cruising (4 cruises under our belt), I must say that we don't always get the special perks that experienced cruisers receive - and deserve! - but I still feel like we were pampered and received first class service.

This was our first med cruise and our first with Princess. I will definately cruise with them again. The ship looked great for its age, its the oldest one I've been on, and the service was excellent. I didn't go to much of the entertainment as I would make it to Players Bar (last stop before the show lounge) and I wouldn't leave!!! A lot of the entertainers, artists, officers, and the Cruise Director (it was Paul O'Laughlan, but I think he was done after our cruise) would take their breaks at Players, which made for interesting evenings. The staff at Players was exceptional. David, from England, is the constant behind the bar. He is very personable and has a great, dry, sense of humour. An absolute sweetheart. He mixes great drinks and makes a Toasted Almond that is out of this world. Sarah is there from 8 to 10. She's effervescent and refreshing. Always ready to mix you a "surprise" cocktail. Actually, both Sarah and David were willing to get creative and invent something for me on those days where I was uninspired. Andres is the third character routinely found at Players. He works the bar and also works the shows. When there are not many people around (when business is slow) he has been known to put on his own entertainment: card tricks! He's quite good and does other various magic tricks too. I apologize for the ramble, but this was my favorite place on the ship and I think it is well worth trying out (maybe for a cigar and a cognac, or a toasted almond) if you are a tad bit early before the next show.

With respect to Joe (Sackenheim), I didn,t see his show, but did spend some time talking with him. He was on DH and I's tour to Ephesus. Above being talented, he is a wonderful person. I hope this is allowed, but I just want to point out that the shop where you can buy alcohol, batteries, etc... also sells Joe's CDs (In case you hadn't noticed already).

Like you, I also liked Maurizio, but was a bit surprised by his "almost pop remix versions" of certain opera pieces. I must admit, it made for a refreshing take on some classics, and he sure does draw a crowd.

DH and I are in our early 30s, and I must say that I thought this ship had a great cross-section of cruisers. I didn't have a problem finding people our age, or like-minded, (and my MIL, which was with us as well, found herself a ballroom dance partner!) I wish I could have stayed on the ship longer, and I'm happy to see that some have availed themselves of this opportunity to sail back to North America, instead of enduring a boring 8 hour flight back. Good for all of you.

I'll be checking in from time to time to vicariously extend my vacation. Again, thank you so much for the opportunity!

Best regards,

Thanks so much for your comments re: the Players Bar, I don't get in there

but I see it is quite popular before & after shows. There is a special place on the Golden for anyone in anymood & that's what makes cruising Great!;)

Maurizio had them packed four deep all along the corridor at the Packed Promenade Lounge tonight:eek: , just got done with 1:30Hrs of him after the Big Show tonight! This Ship is Rocking this trip with Entertainment.:D Also Deep Blue a 3 Males & 1 Female Quartet is Real Good also, Motown/Tina Turner Style, Just got 20 minutes of them in the Explorer's Lounge!;)

Thanks for coming along! Bill Live on the Rocking Golden Princess!

Joyce I still have mine...sometimes as it happened on the Pacific Princess in Cape Town on OCt 13th, the ship kept my cruise card. The reason for this isn't so obvious to the pax. Sometimes when they are having a problem with APASS (the compter that tracks us on and off the ship when you swipe your card) they will keep all cruise cards on disembarkation to manually reconcille the pax list.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Thank you, Tony, and Bill for your insights. I think I might know why.....the ship's computers crashed while trying to process the onboard accounts...and hadn't been rectified by the time we disembarked. They may have kept the cards in order to 'prove' the guests on board.

Today, 2 weeks later, I still have not received my 'Paid in Full' statement from Princess.....maybe they'll throw the card in with it ;) .

Still, I wished I could have kept the card.

I'm glad you're enjoying the entertainment on board, Bill. They sound fantastic.

Till your next posting.....:D

Joe Sakenheim is quite possibly the best entertainer in the fleet. If he's doing his cabaret, be sure to see it.

Yup, it sure is a Must see, his Full show was it the Vista lounge tonight & it was Fantastic!:D He must never have been seen by the right person at the right time, or He would have gone up near the Top(IMHO) Wow, what a Voice!;) Thanks for coming along! Bill Live on the Golden!

I definitely agree with this statement. A "must" see.

Lynda, Thanks for coming along!:) Another Must see is GAETANO, Magic & Illusion Spectacular! Wow Wow WOw!:D Flew in from Las Vegas, 2 shows only tonight, the Best Illusion I've ever seen on a Ship or maybe ever anywhere.

Him and His Lovely Assistant Amy, Really Put on a Show, DON'T MISS IT!:eek:

What a proformance! :D This has been the Entertainment Cruise of a Lifetime so far, & I was Complaining on the Coral that the Entertainment Needed a lot of Help;) Well, this List so far is the absolute Best on the Sea, bar None. I must be dreaming! Bill Live on the Golden at Sea!

Thank you, Tony, and Bill for your insights. I think I might know why.....the ship's computers crashed while trying to process the onboard accounts...and hadn't been rectified by the time we disembarked. They may have kept the cards in order to 'prove' the guests on board.

Today, 2 weeks later, I still have not received my 'Paid in Full' statement from Princess.....maybe they'll throw the card in with it ;) .

Still, I wished I could have kept the card.

I'm glad you're enjoying the entertainment on board, Bill. They sound fantastic.

Till your next posting.....:D

Thank you & The Entertainment Just Keeps Knocking my socks off!:D Four more Great Shows tonight, see short reviews above! My Best! Bill Live on the Golden!

Tony,

In keeping with Caroline's request,Bill has my email address and will give it to you if you email him. I know you have ideas on how I can get Viharn's email. Karen sent my request to Princess Headquarters but I think you may prove to be more successful and certainly more inventive.

Thank you.

Judy

Thanks Caroline... Perhaps the Cruise Critic can set up a "Live from" Message Board similiar to the "Roll Call" where threads from all cruise lines can be posted.

It's getting to the point why bother doing these Lives from anymore...I'll be reconsidering my next one since it's getting to be as much fun as undergoing a "root canal"!

If you don't want them don't come on here as a future suggestion and read them and/or skip over them on the main board....you know how many times I have ansewered questions for YOU personally and gone explicitly to find information that YOU enquired about and you got the nerve to keep pushing for this to be moved?...Ay Chiwawa!:rolleyes:

BTW, my last "Live from the Golden Princess" drew over 85000 hits...you know how much traffic that is for there advertizers on here?...let's see if common sense prevails about this on here?

Tony

It's getting to the point why bother doing these Lives from anymore...I'll be reconsidering my next one since it's getting to be as much fun as undergoing a "root canal"!

If you don't want them don't come on here as a future suggestion and read them and/or skip over them on the main board....you know how many times I have ansewered questions for YOU personally and gone explicitly to find information that YOU enquired about and you got the nerve to keep pushing for this to be moved?...Ay Chiwawa!:rolleyes:

Tony

That is what the "Live from" is supposed to be.. a question and answer thread. The problem that I see is that some are getting to be nothing more than a chit chat session. Given the large number of non-related postings, it is almost impossible to find answers to posters questions. If the "Live from" posts continue to be a chit chat among 3-4 posters, it should be moved.

That is what the "Live from" is supposed to be.. a question and answer thread. The problem that I see is that some are getting to be nothing more than a chit chat session. Given the large number of non-related postings, it is almost impossible to find answers to posters questions. If the "Live from" posts continue to be a chit chat among 3-4 posters, it should be moved.

Live from's are no more of a questions and answers thread than posting a new thread with a question that gets answered....the Live From's also have a different feel to them because it becomes a collaboration of different opinions of also previous cruisers that have cruised together in the past sharing same experiences, comments or concerns and some banter.

Funny everyone else seems to find each answer that I post to each question asked of me and I haven't missed one that I recall? Correct me if I am wrong...

Anyways you have your views and I certainly have mine given I've been called "prolific" about my last "Live from".

Tony

Archived