#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

The problem is that the banter is outweighing the experience, comments and concerns. I suggest that you go back and read your last "Live From" thread. Way more non-related posts and answers to questions. I have no idea what you being "prolific" means.... Perhaps it is in the eye of the beholder.

Interesting as I have not made one comment, except for thanking Host Caroline about what she said on this thread, except to answer your posts. I do stand by my comment to you that the bantering among 3-4 people on certain "Live From's" is somewhat out of control. If it were not, Host Caroline would not have interviened. So as you said, no more comments as I have to dress for dinner. I won't bore you on what I am having or what wine I am bringing.. Nite Night..

Larry

Have a good dinner..ohhh now I am so curious what wine your are having tonight?...being the "Wine Snob" that I can be!;)

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

As a regular lurker, I must admit that I enjoy the banter as much as the more cruise related posts....and I think that I probably represent most of the people who read the "Live" threads. It would seem a no-brainer: if you don't like to read a thread with many off-topic posts, just skip it. No one is forced to read everything on the boards. I belive the moderators do a valuable service, and certainly when a thread has offensive posts, action should be taken. But, on the other hand, I must admit I am totally confused as to why anyone would care if a thread such as Bill's or Tony's veers off course....both threads always return to the subject of cruising...I say LET THE THREADS BE!!!

OK I will return to lurkdom now....

As a regular lurker, I must admit that I enjoy the banter as much as the more cruise related posts....and I think that I probably represent most of the people who read the "Live" threads. It would seem a no-brainer: if you don't like to read a thread with many off-topic posts, just skip it. No one is forced to read everything on the boards. I belive the moderators do a valuable service, and certainly when a thread has offensive posts, action should be taken. But, on the other hand, I must admit I am totally confused as to why anyone would care if a thread such as Bill's or Tony's veers off course....both threads always return to the subject of cruising...I say LET THE THREADS BE!!!

I agree wholeheartedly! What I can't understand is why these 2 particular threads cause so much concern about chit chat. I have lurked on other Live from threads and Reviews and the off topic chit chats go on for pages and pages and no one intervenes.

Bill, sorry we are using your thread to voice our opinion but it seems to be our only forum right now. Hope this does not cause more problems for the thread.

I agree wholeheartedly! What I can't understand is why these 2 particular threads cause so much concern about chit chat. I have lurked on other Live from threads and Reviews and the off topic chit chats go on for pages and pages and no one intervenes.

Bill, sorry we are using your thread to voice our opinion but it seems to be our only forum right now. Hope this does not cause more problems for the thread.

I can't help but agree with Tony, Billisd and Mississauga....I thoroughly enjoy the cruise talk, the chit chat, and howdy's......it is all cruise-related...we all love cruising and love hearing about all aspects of it...especially the friendly hello's and nighty-nights!

The friendliness shown on the 'Live From' threads...sure beats the nasty mud slinging that I've seen on other threads that are allowed to fester (and from which I quickly exit because I don't like reading it)

Just want to add my 2 Canadian cents worth!

I can't help but agree with Tony, Billisd and Mississauga....I thoroughly enjoy the cruise talk, the chit chat, and howdy's......it is all cruise-related...we all love cruising and love hearing about all aspects of it...especially the friendly hello's and nighty-nights!

The friendliness shown on the 'Live From' threads...sure beats the nasty mud slinging that I've seen on other threads that are allowed to fester (and from which I quickly exit because I don't like reading it)

You read my mind. These live from threads have been a breath of fresh air. So positive and upbeat, unlike some of the threads where there is so much bickering and nastiness. I am also confused as to why Tony's and Bill's threads seem to be the target of so much monitoring while other similar threads are not.:mad:

Oh well you must of missed that one burried in there by another "Regal Cheerleader" on here...

Prolific (adj.) - productive, creative, fertile, inexhaustible, fruitful, abundant, plentiful, copious, profuse, teeming. You had what, over 40 pages? I’d say it was prolific.

But seriously – wouldn’t it be easier for all those interested in “Live” threads to have one forum to find them? Wouldn’t have to search through the rest of the nasty Princess threads to find what you were looking for. If I were party to these kinds of threads, I’d think it a good idea.

Long live Regal Princess.

You read my mind. These live from threads have been a breath of fresh air. So positive and upbeat, unlike some of the threads where there is so much bickering and nastiness. I am also confused as to why Tony's and Bill's threads seem to be the target of so much monitoring while other similar threads are not.:mad:

We agree with cactusrose. We love the "Live from" threads including all the banter. We have learned so much and it really is like being "along for the ride"

M & M

Live from's are no more of a questions and answers thread than posting a new thread with a question that gets answered....the Live From's also have a different feel to them because it becomes a collaboration of different opinions of also previous cruisers that have cruised together in the past sharing same experiences, comments or concerns and some banter.

Funny everyone else seems to find each answer that I post to each question asked of me and I haven't missed one that I recall? Correct me if I am wrong...

Anyways you have your views and I certainly have mine given I've been called "prolific" about my last "Live from".

Tony

If, we want to discuss this further, (you both have some good points;)), this would need to be discussed in another thread, at length, about the Good,:) the Bad & the Ugly:eek: of The Live From.... Threads! It can't be done hear at length, Please?:confused: Thank you! :) I to answer All Questions, & will work very Hard to get the Right answer! My Best! Bill

Live on the Golden in Cartegena!

Tony,

In keeping with Caroline's request,Bill has my email address and will give it to you if you email him. I know you have ideas on how I can get Viharn's email. Karen sent my request to Princess Headquarters but I think you may prove to be more successful and certainly more inventive.

Thank you.

Judy

I will talk to the "Director of Personnel" on the Golden today, & see if he/she can help in this good cause, sooner! My Best! Bill Live on the Golden!

Thank you for your comments,:) I would have to agree;) , thanks for coming along:D & Welcomr to Lurking! :eek: My Best! Bill Live on the Golden!

Thank you for your comments:) , & your point is Well taken!;) I believe Tony & I May be pushing up against a "Hidden Corporate Edge", where if We get to Deep into Princess Policy:eek: or Inside Operations:eek: , as We both go Above & Beyond to answer other CC questions & Try to help solve some of the Obvious Problems in the Operations(ie: Computer Sys, etc). Then some pressure is applied through the "Hidden Chain of Command" on this Board/Site(IMHO);) My Best! Bill Live on the Golden!

Well Said:) ,( even if it is slightly less than a US "2 Cents Worth!":D). Thank you for your Comments.;) My Best! Bill Live on the Golden!

That is the Key sentence, noted several times by numerous above Posts!:confused: Tony & I must both Walk on Egg Shells,:eek: & We Both Try so Hard to Help Everyone with Every Question, Every Time!;) Thank you for your comments! My Best! Bill LIVE ON THE GOLDEN!

Prolific (adj.) - productive, creative, fertile, inexhaustible, fruitful, abundant, plentiful, copious, profuse, teeming. You had what, over 40 pages? I’d say it was prolific.

But seriously – wouldn’t it be easier for all those interested in “Live” threads to have one forum to find them? Wouldn’t have to search through the rest of the nasty Princess threads to find what you were looking for. If I were party to these kinds of threads, I’d think it a good idea.

Thank you for your comments & coming along!:) Bill LIVE ON THE GOLDEN

We agree with cactusrose. We love the "Live from" threads including all the banter. We have learned so much and it really is like being "along for the ride"

M & M

Thank you for your comments:) & for Coming "Along for the Ride!";) Bill

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN!

We are Docked at the Pier, in Cartagena, Spain on a Lovely 64F Partly Sunny Day on the Beautiful Golden Princess! Welcome One & All:) We are going for a light lunch shortly & a walk into town (500 Meters from the Ship:D ) Can't beat that, as my bad leg is acting up alittle & I need to Save it for the Cave, etc Walk tomorrow in Gilbraltar!:eek: Had an omlet this AM, our first breakfast on the Ship, this Trip! (Maybe once a week) We just get Mini Pastries & Real Coffee ;) in the Lobby Bar every morning before heading to the IC.:D Later............................... Bill Live on the Golden!

..Actually it was over 96 pages at last count....

You never have a problem finding Bill or my "Live from's" since they are almost always on page one of the Main Board.

Long Live Soft Baked Cookies (No Hockey Pucks) on ANY Princess Ship!:D

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

I'm not saying anything anymore;don't want to be off topic. So I'll just write about cruise related topics. I have to select CLOTHES in order to PACK for our CRUISE on the SUN PRINCESS on DECEMBER 10th. And since the PRINCESS coffee is so bad, I must make sure not to forget my COFFEE POT and my CURLING IRON. :) (Just thought I'd throw in the curling iron).

As a "prolific" banterer..........I rest my case. Baaaaaaaaaaaaa Humbug to those who can't stand others having a good relationship.

Arlene

The problem is that the banter is outweighing the experience, comments and concerns. I suggest that you go back and read your last "Live From" thread. Way more non-related posts and answers to questions. I have no idea what you being "prolific" means.... Perhaps it is in the eye of the beholder.

If the banter is outweighing the experience, comments and concerns for someone, why don't they just stay away? It is obvious that most people enjoy "the whole package" immensely since Tony and Bill's Live From's are so popular. I certainly do. If they were totally "dry" I wouldn't find them fun. I often find myself laughing out loud as I read the posts.

If you take a cruise on a particular ship and you didn't enjoy it for any number of reasons, but other people did, you just avoid the ship in the future. The choices are many. Same goes for Live From's.

Bill (and Tony!) both do a great job and I hope their Live From's continue just as they have been! It is a real service they are providing, and they are doing it in an entertaining way (with a little help from their "friends" - present and future!)

And BTW Arlene, I love your bantering!

Vicki

I'm not saying anything anymore;don't want to be off topic. So I'll just write about cruise related topics. I have to select CLOTHES in order to PACK for our CRUISE on the SUN PRINCESS on DECEMBER 10th. And since the PRINCESS coffee is so bad, I must make sure not to forget my COFFEE POT and my CURLING IRON. :) (Just thought I'd throw in the curling iron).

As a "prolific" banterer..........I rest my case. Baaaaaaaaaaaaa Humbug to those who can't stand others having a good relationship.

Arlene

And Don't Forget you Fav PRINCESS Blankie!:D BTW, had a PRINCESS Baaaaaaa:D Kebab & Clam Chowder & 2 Scoops of Choc Swirl IC (Don't they ever make Bad IC?;) ) for My GOLDEN PRINCESS lunch. Thanks for that very informative & On Topic(almost:D ) Post, Arlene!

Bill Live on the GOLDEN PRINCESS in Spain!

Thank you, Tony, and Bill for your insights. I think I might know why.....the ship's computers crashed while trying to process the onboard accounts...and hadn't been rectified by the time we disembarked. They may have kept the cards in order to 'prove' the guests on board.

Today, 2 weeks later, I still have not received my 'Paid in Full' statement from Princess.....maybe they'll throw the card in with it ;) .

Still, I wished I could have kept the card.

..:D

Hi Joyce,

Don't want to burst your bubble:rolleyes: but for some reason the Grand is keeping all the cards upon disembarkation each time. They kept our cards when disembarking 10/19, yours on 11/18 (we were intransit so were able to keep that one;) ) and they then kept ours when we disembarked on 11/25. My DH thinks it may have something to do with the Head of Security on that particular ship - just his opinion.

Cindy

BTW, had a PRINCESS Baaaaaaa:D Kebab & Clam Chowder & 2 Scoops of Choc Swirl IC (Don't they ever make Bad IC?;) ) for My GOLDEN PRINCESS lunch.

Bill Live on the GOLDEN PRINCESS in Spain!

Ok that's the Golden news I've been waiting for. I'm keeping my own personal tally of just how often the Golden serves Baaaaaa. When all is said and done I'll lobby Princess to see to it that every ship I'm on does the same.

Bill the Kroooz Cam shows a perfectly georgeous day in Cartagena. Just what is "the Cave, etc Walk tomorrow" you are doing tomorrow?

Glad to hear you enjoyed Maurizio. We sailed with him on a West coast - East Coast Panama cruise and really really enjoyed him. Even bought a CD to continue his talent. And I second (third - fourth - fifth - I've lost count) of those who enjoy Joe Sackenheim.

Keep up the great work, Barb

Archived