#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

If the banter is outweighing the experience, comments and concerns for someone, why don't they just stay away? It is obvious that most people enjoy "the whole package" immensely since Tony and Bill's Live From's are so popular. I certainly do. If they were totally "dry" I wouldn't find them fun. I often find myself laughing out loud as I read the posts.

If you take a cruise on a particular ship and you didn't enjoy it for any number of reasons, but other people did, you just avoid the ship in the future. The choices are many. Same goes for Live From's.

Bill (and Tony!) both do a great job and I hope their Live From's continue just as they have been! It is a real service they are providing, and they are doing it in an entertaining way (with a little help from their "friends" - present and future!)

And BTW Arlene, I love your bantering!

Vicki

Thank you for your on point, well put Comments!:) I have to agree with you 100%!:D BTW, Irene & I Just Loved our 6 Days in Your Roma, Oh for Our PRINCESS Pre-CRUISE!:eek: My Best & Hope to meet you someday & be as lucky as Tony was on His PRINCESS CRUISE & have dinner with you & yours;) You are New to this PRINCESS Board as I am also, but you Have been Very Helpful to other CCs who ask for help in a very short time. Thank you! Bill

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN!

I must agree with respect to the cookies. They are delicious and soft. The staff likes them too. I attempted to secure my position as favorite customer by bringing a few down to my favorite Princess employees (on each night the cookies were offered at Horizon Court).

Can someone answer this: Why does Princess not offer the cookies every night? I was disappointed a few times where I went to Horizon for my fix and couldn't find the cookies. I asked if any were out one eveninig and I was told no. I explained how much I liked them and the attendant disappeared in the back and came back with four cookies for me!? Odd, but I didn't question it. I was just happy to get them.

On another subject, I looked at the Webcam yesterday. Looks like you<re getting some beautiful weather.

Is the ship sailing at full capacity, or is there lots of empty rooms? Just wondering (never done a cross-atlantic, considering it)

Ok that's the Golden news I've been waiting for. I'm keeping my own personal tally of just how often the Golden serves Baaaaaa. When all is said and done I'll lobby Princess to see to it that every ship I'm on does the same.

Bill the Kroooz Cam shows a perfectly georgeous day in Cartagena.

The Weather turned absolutely Gorgeous Today:) , went for a Walk along the pretty Sail Boat harbor, it's Sunday & all the locals are out, but it was not crowded. It may have reached 70F today, I only had a t-shirt on & I was warm.;) Then we walked into Town right there, Very Clean, Very Neat, we were impressed, they even had someone sweeping up litter in the Street on a Sunday:D Wow, Nice place to live! Irene did a little shopping in a Clothing store & she was Very impressed with the selection & styles, also.:)

Just what is "the Cave, etc Walk tomorrow" you are doing tomorrow?

The Cave is in the ROCK of Gilbraltar, I believe & there are Monkeys that have lived in there for 100's of years, also it was a Military Fort,Hideout,etc during the WW2. Almost all tours go through the Rock, at various points of interest.

Anyone else been to the Rock?

Glad to hear you enjoyed Maurizio. We sailed with him on a West coast - East Coast Panama cruise and really really enjoyed him. Even bought a CD to continue his talent. And I second (third - fourth - fifth - I've lost count) of those who enjoy Joe Sackenheim.

The entertainment so far, for us, has been unforgetable! It must be Some of Princess's Best!:D

Keep up the great work, Barb

Thank you! Bill LIVE ON THE GOLDEN PRINCESS

I see you're at it again - just thought I'd drop in and say "Hi" from both of us. As you can see, we've booked a B2B of our own since we "chatted" last. ? There was some beach you went to in Coz; I went through as much of your Coral thread as I could manage (and still have a life) but couldn't find it - I think you said you could just walk to it from the pier and there was snorkeling and stuff. Help?

Our best - Rob & Kate

I must agree with respect to the cookies. They are delicious and soft. The staff likes them too. I attempted to secure my position as favorite customer by bringing a few down to my favorite Princess employees (on each night the cookies were offered at Horizon Court).

Can someone answer this: Why does Princess not offer the cookies every night? I was disappointed a few times where I went to Horizon for my fix and couldn't find the cookies. I asked if any were out one eveninig and I was told no. I explained how much I liked them and the attendant disappeared in the back and came back with four cookies for me!? Odd, but I didn't question it. I was just happy to get them.

On another subject, I looked at the Webcam yesterday. Looks like you<re getting some beautiful weather.

Is the ship sailing at full capacity, or is there lots of empty rooms? Just wondering (never done a cross-atlantic, considering it)

Ahh the Cookie debate!

We'll do what I do...btween 2:30pm-5:30pm they always have out for the Make your Sandwich hours and ice cream between 3:30-4:30pm and fill up a bowl and wrap them with a napkin and store them in your cabin for when you have the late night munchies!

The F&B Supervisors have set food cost on a per person and per day basis and the cookies are part of the overall cost and they rotate them from day to day. If they are not there when I pull up , I always ask for them and receive them with no problems.

FYI, to best of my knowledge the ship is only 85% full with lots of empty cabins which is common on Transatlantic runs in either direction for repositioning cruises.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Can someone answer this: Why does Princess not offer the cookies every night?

Anyone know the answer to this, is this the same on every ship? (Sorry I don't go to the Horizon, if at all possible, it's Dangerous up there!:eek: )

I was disappointed a few times where I went to Horizon for my fix and couldn't find the cookies. I asked if any were out one eveninig and I was told no. I explained how much I liked them and the attendant disappeared in the back and came back with four cookies for me!? Odd, but I didn't question it. I was just happy to get them.

Yup, The Weather just will not be put down on this Cruise so Far!:D See my earlier post one or two above re Weather & Walk!

The Ship is far from Full Capacity, but don't have the numbers, but suspect, around 1800-1900? Less than 2000, almost for sure, those #'s were about 1650-1700 two weeks before sailing & it's hard to get people to take a 17 Day TA in the last weeks, with out a heads up!(IMHO)

Thank you for your questions & coming along! Bill LIVE ON THE GOLDEN PRINCESS

I see you're at it again - just thought I'd drop in and say "Hi" from both of us. As you can see, we've booked a B2B of our own since we "chatted" last. ? There was some beach you went to in Coz; I went through as much of your Coral thread as I could manage (and still have a life) but couldn't find it - I think you said you could just walk to it from the pier and there was snorkeling and stuff. Help?

Our best - Rob & Kate

Rob, Thanks for coming by:) , I see the Weather is turning real cold in MN, good time to go to the other port for the Winter!;) You have them mixed up a little:D The New one we enjoyed so much was in Ocho Rios, Jamacia, right at the Pier, The Best Beach Deal for a Princess Tour, can't think of the Name?:confused: The Coz one is Passion Island Beach, need a Taxi, or a Very, very, very long walk. Then Ferry to the Island another, excellent Beach & food & drinK! & some water sports;) My Best! Bill

LIVE ON THE GOLDEN PRINCESS

I see the Weather is turning real cold in MN, good time to go to the other port for the Winter!;)

On our way!

You have them mixed up a little:D The New one we enjoyed so much was in Ocho Rios, Jamacia, right at the Pier, The Best Beach Deal for a Princess Tour, can't think of the Name?

Rats! We'll be in Coz in a month. :D :D :D

I don't know if any of you have tried ordering cookies from room service but they are absolutely delicious. That's part of my nightly routine before bed--a dish of cookies and ice cold milk. I order a couple of milks for breakfast and keep them in the frig. Don't know if they do this on all ships, but they do it on the Diamond.

Milt, the greatest choc. chip cookie snatcher of them all, actually waits for the 3:30 hour to claim his stash. Of course he's taught others (right Tony?) his technique :)

So Bill, you're just gonna' have to enter the buffet mid-afternoon or, as Lynda says, order from room service. Much easier to help yourself and then replenish when needed. Hopefully this discussion is considered cruise related. :rolleyes:

Arlene

Milt, the greatest choc. chip cookie snatcher of them all, actually waits for the 3:30 hour to claim his stash. Of course he's taught others (right Tony?) his technique :)

So Bill, you're just gonna' have to enter the buffet mid-afternoon or, as Lynda says, order from room service. Much easier to help yourself and then replenish when needed. Hopefully this discussion is considered cruise related. :rolleyes:

Arlene

Princess cookies--always cruise related.:D :p Cruise would not be complete without them.

Princess cookies--always cruise related.:D :p Cruise would not be complete without them.

As a "cookie monster" and pictures recently to prove it...I agree!

P.S Great idea, but I prefer to hand pick my own and also get my daily exercise to the Buffet!

Tony

P.S Great idea, but I prefer to hand pick my own and also get my daily exercise to the Buffet!

Tony

Visiting the gym, also cruise related, would be better exercise. You think? :D

Arlene (fears this might be construed as "bantering"):eek:

You should try Crown Princess International Cafe. Fresh cookies 24/7' date=' people were lining up for them after the evening shows. The attendant there, Stefan, said he made 5,000 cookies A DAY!!!

Lola in Hamiton.[/quote']

Can you say ...."Cookie Heaven"!....woudl need a personal treadmill in that place while I eat!

Tony

Anyone else been to the Rock?

Was there with Princess a couple of years ago. Great day! We did not take an organized tour but did the following:

Walked into town and walked down the Main Street pedestrian walkway with an occasional detour to Line Wall Road.

Took the cable car to Upper Rock. (Two sets of the Barbary Apes there.). Walked the pathway to St.Michael's Cave (and went into it). Continued down the pathway to Apes' Den (the 3rd set of the apes). Then took the cable car from the Mid-Station back down. (Cable car both ways and entrance to St.Michael's Cave is included at one price.)

Expolored the Botanic Gardens near the base of the cable car.

Walked back to the ship via Main Street, stopping in King's Chapel on Main Street.

Did not get to see the cave used to hide in and fight from during WW-II.

one info please

Do you know that if during drydock they have changed the polycarbonate balcony partitions (higly flammable) with those in aluminium ?

for the antarctita cruise they should do...

Thanks.

uote=T&J]Live from's are no more of a questions and answers thread than posting a new thread with a question that gets answered....the Live From's also have a different feel to them because it becomes a collaboration of different opinions of also previous cruisers that have cruised together in the past sharing same experiences, comments or concerns and some banter.

Funny everyone else seems to find each answer that I post to each question asked of me and I haven't missed one that I recall? Correct me if I am wrong...

Anyways you have your views and I certainly have mine given I've been called "prolific" about my last "Live from".

Tony

A quick cruise question. There are a number of places in the Princess cruise books for 2007 where the cruises are not named. Does anyone know when the HQ's announces upcoming cruise itineraries? We were so pleased with the Golden that we would like to know if there is any princess ship we should avoid.

Judy

Hi Joyce,

Don't want to burst your bubble:rolleyes: but for some reason the Grand is keeping all the cards upon disembarkation each time. They kept our cards when disembarking 10/19, yours on 11/18 (we were intransit so were able to keep that one;) ) and they then kept ours when we disembarked on 11/25. My DH thinks it may have something to do with the Head of Security on that particular ship - just his opinion.

Cindy

Thank you, Cindy, for that answer! That makes more sense than my take on the situation. But I still miss having the card :(

Another cruise-related question answeredon a 'Live From' thread....

All that 'cookies-on-a-cruise-ship' discussion is making me hungry...:p

Don't want to burst your bubble:rolleyes: but for some reason the Grand is keeping all the cards upon disembarkation each time.

My wife is not going to be happy. She was annoyed when they took her card after our first cruise. Back then we didn't know any better and didn't know that was an unusual practice (after all, our first cruise). And our next cruise is the Grand.

Archived