Help at FLL Port Everglades!!!

lemmonnie

We will drive down to Port Everglades on Dec. 23rd and it will be PACKED that day down there! So, I'd like to ask the following questions:

1) Do I need to make reservation for parking?

2) I prefer to park at the port garage, but was afraid we won't be able to find a spot that day... is there anyway I can reserve a parking spot there before we go?

3) If I park with ParknFly, they charges me $70/week online, can I provide AAA card when I show up and get discount? Also, is it a pain to get back to our car at the end?

4) What time would be appropriate to get to the port? I assume the earlier the better due to the crowd. but How early?

Any feedback is welcome!! Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!

We will drive down to Port Everglades on Dec. 23rd and it will be PACKED that day down there! So, I'd like to ask the following questions:

1) Do I need to make reservation for parking?

2) I prefer to park at the port garage, but was afraid we won't be able to find a spot that day... is there anyway I can reserve a parking spot there before we go?

3) If I park with ParknFly, they charges me $70/week online, can I provide AAA card when I show up and get discount? Also, is it a pain to get back to our car at the end?

4) What time would be appropriate to get to the port? I assume the earlier the better due to the crowd. but How early?

Any feedback is welcome!! Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!

We always fly into FLL, but if you can make reservations for parking, I would do so! See link below (Bequia, a local Ft Lauderdale resident, posted this):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=446853

We are returning to Port Everglades on the 24th (Millennium) and switching to the Westerdam for 7 more days!

Enjoy!

Kel

We always fly into FLL, but if you can make reservations for parking, I would do so! See link below (Bequia, a local Ft Lauderdale resident, posted this):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=446853

We are returning to Port Everglades on the 24th (Millennium) and switching to the Westerdam for 7 more days!

Enjoy!

Kel

Hi Kel!

It's nice to know you will be down there too! Have a wonderful trip! I saw that thread too, but it didn't have any information on parking.... I'm still looking for info towards parking reservations.....I wish I could make reservations at the port garage~

The port garages do not have a reservation system but don't fret, the bulk of the travelers will be flying in anyway. There's plenty of parking in the covered garages, You won't have any problems. ;)

Hi Kel!

It's nice to know you will be down there too! Have a wonderful trip! I saw that thread too, but it didn't have any information on parking.... I'm still looking for info towards parking reservations.....I wish I could make reservations at the port garage~

lemmonnie,

Maybe there is something in this website? I love this map. What ship are you on and I can guess which parking structure you need.

http://porteverglades.org/directions.php

Enjoy!

Kel

Hi Kel,

We will be on Princess Star, departing on 12/23 :) We try to get there as early as possible. My guess is that we probably will be there before 10 a.m. Hopefully we can find a parking spot in the garage!!

This is our first cruise so we are all very very excited!!! I am so looking foward to this trip!

Hi Kel:

I don't mean to "step on" lemmonnie's thread, but we're on HAL Amersterdam on 12/9. Got an educated guess as to which "parking structure" for us? :)

Thanks a whole bunch, Marty

That should be a busy day as well, as there will be NINE cruise ships there that day. Do your documents say what berth/pier to go to? That should determine which parking structure.

http://www.broward.org/port/cruise_passengerinfo_parking.htm

Hi Kel,

We will be on Princess Star, departing on 12/23 :) We try to get there as early as possible. My guess is that we probably will be there before 10 a.m. Hopefully we can find a parking spot in the garage!!

This is our first cruise so we are all very very excited!!! I am so looking foward to this trip!

lemmonnie,

Princess usually uses pier #2, or #4, which is at the north end of Port Everglades. So I'm thinking you will park at the North Garage. We've been on the Star and the Caribbean Princess. Fun ships, I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise!:)

Enjoy!

Kel

KroozFoolz:

Thanks for the question. Cruise docs don't mention a specific berth/pier. But they did send a mini-map and the only 2 berths shown on it are P1 & P2..........farthest Northern, closest to 17th St?

Marty

Northport Garage would definitely be the closest to those berths.

http://www.broward.org/port/maps_sq_2b.htm

(I checked a few of my old docs and the berth/pier to go to was listed on the ones I checked, but they were not for HAL.)

lemmonnie,

Princess usually uses pier #2, or #4, which is at the north end of Port Everglades. So I'm thinking you will park at the North Garage. We've been on the Star and the Caribbean Princess. Fun ships, I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise!:)

Enjoy!

Kel

THANK YOU!!!!!! I hope the north garage won't be full when we arrive :) Happy Holidays and enjoy your trip!!! I'm sure we will too ^_^ Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!

Hi Kel:

I don't mean to "step on" lemmonnie's thread, but we're on HAL Amersterdam on 12/9. Got an educated guess as to which "parking structure" for us? :)

Thanks a whole bunch, Marty

Sorry Sun Catcher (Marty),

I didn't get to reply to this earlier. HAL usually docks at piers 25,26,27, or in that general area. That means, you would probably use the "Midport" garage. Check the map:

http://porteverglades.org/directions.php

Enjoy!

Kel

Hi Kel:

Thanks so very much for your post. I re-checked the map on my cruisedocs and sure enough, I had misread and only saw berths P1 & P2. Sure enough, P19-26 are also shown on map and the ONLY garage shown is the midport!

I wish they had just come out written the departure berth ( or usual berths) on the docs!

Thanks, again. Marty

Park n Fly is very easy. Drop your bags off at the ship, exit the port, and take your car to the lot. It is less than a 5 minute drive. A shuttle will bring you back to the ship. You will pay $6 or 7 a night as opposed to $12 at the port lots. The biggest benefit is that the line for their shuttle is much less than the line for the port lots when you get off your cruise.

When you come into the port, security will direct you to your berth.

Park n Fly is a great program, it's only downfall is it's pickup service after the cruise to get you back to your car. You could end up waiting over an hour for a ride on there shuttle. They just seem to get overwhelmed on the return side. If you don't mind waiting it's ok. ;)

Archived