Inquiring Minds want to know!!

dkbustr

Thanks for the update, Jan. Hopefully the news that will fall upon our waiting ears, will be just as good. When you have a time frame for an announcement, I hope you don't forget your friends here on the board.

And you thought you'd get chastised.....

Mike

Although I & my wife, and her sister & brother in law have been on Renaissance & Oceania before, we are going again Jan 4 to Asia on the Nautica. We choose Oceania again because of what they offered in the past, I just did not realize that they were the exception to what is going on in the cruise industry- and , I beleive, are the exception to the business world in general. If a few things don't go as I expect on this cruise- I will keep perspective, and relax- Thanks to all of you for the posts above on Oceania. How nice to travel again with a company that does not take their clients for granted.

I just had to chime in. We took our first "O" cruise Nov 5 from Athens to Rome on the Nautica. Caroyln, I was going to attempt to put my thoughts into words, but after reading your review there was only one thing left--the ships doctor. If you do find the need for the ships doctor on Nautica, rest assured she is one of the best. After going on mass cruise lines "O" totally spoiled us. We will definitely sail with "O" again.

The website folks need to edit the information under Oceania then, they are stating a early year rollout of another one of the R-ships to be called the Marina next year. Perhaps if Mr. Delrio is reading this he might shed a few thoughts on what 'MIGHT' be happening. I hope they keep the ships all the same size if they are considering building a new addition.

I'm another in the legions of cruisers transferring from mainstream ships to Oceania. We'd previously done 15 cruises on Celebrity and while fond of X, it has been slipping over the years. We THOUGHT we would not be able to experience Oceania believing it was out of our financial range. Boy were we wrong.

Our first O cruise was a year ago Barcelona to Venice and it was amazing. Long before we even stepped on the ship knew this was to be different. From our aforementioned TA, to the upgrade we received, we started getting the O "treatment".

We could NEVER go back. We may not cruise as often as we did before trying Oceania but it's the only cruiseline we will do.

Doing a transatlantic 3/07 and again the customer service has been astounding- out itinerary changed shortly after we booked- some ADDITIONAL days. If this had been X, our booking would be cancelled, and we'd be charged additional to cruise the same date. Not sure if this was done by the cruiseline, my TA or a combination, but our price stayed the same-it felt surreal. One taste of O and we can never go back.

• 3 weeks later...

Dreamerdick, we are behind the 8 ball on the corporate profile. I've just gone in and updated it. Thanks for the nudge!

Carolyn

The website folks need to edit the information under Oceania then, they are stating a early year rollout of another one of the R-ships to be called the Marina next year. Perhaps if Mr. Delrio is reading this he might shed a few thoughts on what 'MIGHT' be happening. I hope they keep the ships all the same size if they are considering building a new addition.

Archived