Century 5nt. Formal nite is when?

skyview851

We just booked the Century 5 night cruise to Jamaica & Grand Cayman and would like to book 1 evening in the specialty restaurant. Can anyone tell me which nights on this sailing are casual/informal/formal so that we can plan for Murano's?

Thanks very much!

Lisa

Thanks everyone. I am going to plan that formal nite is the second night, which for us is a sea day. Anyone remember what the remainder of the nights were? I am guessing:

1st: casual

2nd: formal

3rd: casual

4th: informal

5th: casual

Thanks everyone. I am going to plan that formal nite is the second night, which for us is a sea day. Anyone remember what the remainder of the nights were? I am guessing:

1st: casual

2nd: formal

3rd: casual

4th: informal

5th: casual

This was the way it was on the 10/27/06 trip.:eek:

OK I am going to ask what is probably a really dumb question. If the first night is casual and we're just getting on the ship after a 26 hour drive from Toronto...are we expected to dress up fancy casual? I've been told somewhere else on this board that casual on Celebrity (it's our first X cruise) is pants with a short sleeve shirt and shoes, no sandals. My husband & I plan on wearing our Columbia convertible pants because they are comfy to drive in and then taking off the bottom part when we hit the warmer weather in Florida. I have no problems putting the legs back on to meet the "no shorts in the dining room after 6pm" but what if we don't get our luggage before dinner??? We're on the 6:15pm dining. Do I have to carry our shoes and a shirt in my carry-on?

I've cruise before and the first night was really a free for all and everything settled in the next day. Can someone please explain how it works on the Centurty?

This was the way it was on the 10/27/06 trip.:eek:

10/27/06 was the time of our 13 night Century Transatlantic..

The Bermuda triangle must really have messed up my cruise.. I lost 8 days somewhere... I can't remember if it was the formal or casual days I lost at sea.:D

I just returned from a five night cruise on the Century. Even on Formal night, I saw sweat pants and tee shirts and one man had on baggy jeans that were cut half way between the ankle and knee. There did not seem to be any enforcement of a dress code in the main dining room on any night. With that said, at least 3/4 of the men had at least a tie on formal night. My guess is that 1/3 of the men wore a TUX. We saw one man with a long tropical skirt. Maybe he lost a bet to his attractive female dining companion. In the main public areas, I saw anything from just a robe, others in shorts or jeans were not unusual regardless of the time of day or the dress code. My guess is that if you showed up for dinner without a shirt, they would have encouraged you to put one on. Otherwise, no code seemed to be enforced. This was a VERY casual cruise.

Archived