Guarantee Balcony cabin- Conquest

postalgrrl

I am thinking about booking a guarantee balcony cabin on the Conquest. It about $100pp cheaper than picking your cabin #. Is it worth the gamble?? I don't really care where my cabin is located on the ship, i just want a balcony. Are there any bad balcony cabins on the Conquest? And what are the chances of being upgraded?? Will I be upgraded before other people if I book through Carnival instead of another travel agency?? I have sailed with Carnival once before.

Thanks

My advice? Get a family stateroom on the Spa Deck. No balcony, but you're WAY up at the top of the ship and have a huge stateroom with floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows. My favorite staterooms on the ship. We've done it twice and it can't be beat.

Go for the balcony!!! There are no bad or obstructed balcony cabins on the Conquest. The worst you can get is an 8A on the upper deck - do not book expecting an upgrade, book expecting to get an 8A on the upper deck! A balcony beats the tar out of a window any day of the week!!! Sea air, ocean, stars - the combination is unbeatable especially if you can afford it and have never done it before!

If you are ok with being anywhere on the ship then go for the cheaper option.

We booked the Conquest about 6 weeks ago for April 15th and our TA said there weren't any bad/obstructed balcony cabins, just a matter of preference. We asked the TA the same question (what are the chances of upgrade) and she said to definitly not expect it out of catagory 8 and we'd likely be on the Upper Deck or the Verandah.

In our case, we went in just looking to book an 8A but after she ran things we ended up able to choose our balcony cabin on the Panorama Deck. I think we somehow really lucked out!

I vote for taking the balcony guarantee. Last year on the Destiny we chose our cabin, balcony midship Verandah deck; that's what we got. DB took balcony guarantee, and ended up with a 9A on the Verandah deck. (Upgrades do happen, there is just no way to predict who, when or what)

You said yourself,

"I don't really care where my cabin is located on the ship, i just want a balcony."

And just think what you could do with an extra $100 in your pocket!

Thanks for the feedback. Are the balconys on the Upper deck ok??

We've booked a guarantee balcony on our past cruises and the upgrade fairy has always been kind to us. On our upcoming Liberty cruise, we've booked a specific 8A on the Upper deck so we could book our kids in an inside across the hall (PVP was able to get us a 4C for the price of a 4A). I've read that the Upper deck can be noisy if you're right over the main show lounge or over the disco, but balconies that aren't over a lounge are fine.

I've read that the Upper deck can be noisy if you're right over the main show lounge or over the disco, but balconies that aren't over a lounge are fine.

I have had cabins on the Victory, Liberty and Destiny on the deck above the lounges and heard nothing all week. Cabins are mostly situated over the seating area away from the stage. Since you dont care where you are located--- take the guarantee.

I book a balcony guarantee every time I have gone on carnival, its only been 4 times but everytime got a upgrade to a higher deck. I am on the liberty in Feb. and got on the panorama deck and picked my room too. They had a special after I booked and my TA called me and said pick your room and you get a 100$ credit too. So we are on the 6 day cruise for $1320 including all taxes for 2 of us, were could you go for that and include food. Plus we have a $100 credit on our sail card.

Archived