Got upgraded on Oosterdam 12/23 cruise

scopewest

21 days to go, my TA gets a fax from HAL announcing limited VA-VF best cabin available upgrades for $199/pp. Since I was booked in cat. H to save $$ because holiday cruises are expensive, I thought heck yes, the additional price is reasonable, and we're now sailing in a VA cabin. Wow, 14 category upgrade!

Hmm, this means our Christmas cruise is NOT full. Interesting.

Any way to tell the the booking code or the TA info of how you got this?

I have spent about an hour on the phone with my TA and he has been totally unsuccessful in finding that code to get me the same deal.

My email is:

RLRCSTR at AOL dot com

I would really appreciate it if I could have some details on this.

Thanks!!

One comment. After all the HAL bashing lately about how poor their customer service is up in Seattle, my TA told me at 9:15 a.m. she had my upgrade. I checked out my immigration form at noon, and there was my new cabin number. No complaints from me about their service!

One comment. After all the HAL bashing lately about how poor their customer service is up in Seattle, my TA told me at 9:15 a.m. she had my upgrade. I checked out my immigration form at noon, and there was my new cabin number. No complaints from me about their service!

I checked about 3 hours after getting my upgrade settled, and my immigration form had the new cabin listed as well.

To get the upgrade, I had to speak with both my own TA and a supervisor from HAL, who told me that she would do her best on this (I didn't know the booking code that scopewest had gotten the upgrade from at the time of this first conversation). A little while later, I got a call from someone else at HAL who said that the original supervisor had to leave for the day, had asked him to finish up, and he gave me all the information to get the upgrade. He also volunteered that he would call my TA back with the details (which he did do as soon as he and I finished talking) so I didn't have to do anything else. My upgrade was slightly different than Scopewest's (H to VA) as I was in an inside I. I did have to pay a little more to cover the difference in the catagories from I to H, but then got the same upgrade offer of $199p/p. Was also offered a suite for more, but went with a VA. He even listed every cabin available and let me pick which one I wanted out of the list. Great service, fast and efficient.

Again-- thanks to Scopewest for posting the original news about her upgrade, for quickly e-mailing me the info to get the ball rolling, and to HAL for quick follow-through.

I am going to be all smiles on this cruise.

I just sent you an e-mail but I think RlrCstr has more current info than I have as I worked through my TA but he went directly to HAL.

I went to my TA first, who had not heard of the offer I was asking about.

It was suggested that I speak with a supervisor at HAL since (as I already knew) HAL would not talk to me since I had done the original booking through another TA, not HAL.

I called HAL and spoke briefly to an agent there. I started out by telling the agent that I already had booked from an agent outside of HAL and had been advised to ask for a supervisor that could possibly help with this. I did not know what the booking code was for getting this upgrade and neither did my TA. The agent quickly transferred me to a supervisor. That person did not know the code but said she would work on it. As I then said in a previous post, it turned out that she had to leave early, but turned it over to another supervisor/agent who was aware of the specific offer, and told me how to get it.

What I was told was the upgrade was only for those who had originally booked in catagory H or higher. But they then allowed me to pay a fee to upgrade my catagory I to an H and get the $199p/p offer.

I had mentioned to the original supervisor I spoke to that I had just returned from a HAL cruise a couple of weeks ago, have more HAL cruises booked, and also am a CCL stockholder. I do not know if any of that became relevant to my getting the offer of the upgrade or not.

That is how I got my upgrade. Hope the information might be helpful to you.

21 days to go, my TA gets a fax from HAL announcing limited VA-VF best cabin available upgrades for $199/pp. Since I was booked in cat. H to save $$ because holiday cruises are expensive, I thought heck yes, the additional price is reasonable, and we're now sailing in a VA cabin. Wow, 14 category upgrade!

Hmm, this means our Christmas cruise is NOT full. Interesting.

27 days to go and we got an offer to upgrade from SS to SB or SA best cabin available for $699/pp. Big deal! This price is equal to the original price for a VA!!!

Oh well we will still have a super New Years cruise in our SS cabin.:cool:

Archived