Can you hear the announces in the cabins?

Christine in MO

Do I understand right that ALL announcements are heard inside the cabins? Even early in the morning and late at night? I do not want all those non-esstential anouncements disturbing my sleep. If that is the case that SUCKS!!!

On conquest AND ecstasy...the announcements were NEVER played in the room, but in the hallway to the rooms. We would hear the little announcement chime thing and then would haev to open the room door and poke our heads in the hallway to hear the announcements...dont worry...it wont bother your sleep

YST347 is correct.

Carnival has "Hard Announcements" and "Soft Announcements". The Cruise Director (Or other person making the announcements) decides how it is sent.

Hard announcements are most emergency information and drill information, although it can be anything that the announcer deems he wants EVERYONE thoughout the vessel to hear.

Soft announcements are played everywhere, except for formal dining areas and sleeping quarters.

I wish they would make them in the cabin because you have to practically run to the door and open it to hear them because they usually don't repeat them. They do not make announcements early in the morning or late at night. The earliest I heard any was after 9 or 10 am and the latest was probably before the first dinner seating. They really don't make that many. There's more on sea days but as I said above, not early or late. They don't announce meals or anything like that.

Although I've always heard several announcements each day and evening, I don't open my door to try to hear what they're saying.

I figure if it's something important - they'll announce it into the cabins. Otherwise, not anything major.

I'm really glad they don't put all announcements into the cabins. :rolleyes:

On the Liberty we had the announcements in the cabin on the last morning.

Yep- I really needed to be awake at 7am for the annoucement of Self assist being debarked.

Then you will hear pages for people not yet returned froma shore excursion-- or paid their account-- you will hear these in your cabin

Have to agree with Cotton. Glad they don't put them into the cabins. If it's something you NEED to hear sure but all the other trivial stuff no.

99 % of what they annouce is only on the soft end .

On our victory west carib cruise we were awoken at 7am by an IN cabin announcement that our port of call, grand cayman, was canceled due to high seas (tender port), and we would be sailing on. All excursions were canceled and refunded. Everyone got a 25$ credit for missed port.

So I guess they do port of call cancels in cabin too. It was loud and annoying, like being woken up by a smoke alarm that you could not pull the battery on. But necessary none the less.

I have noticed something over the years about the majority of their announcements. If they are of the "soft announcement" variety that you don't hear in your room, 90% of the time it is them trying to get more money out of you. They all seem to be sales pitches anymore. I haven't heard one in a long time about the Newlywed, Not So Newlywed Game, deck games, or anything like that. It is always inch of gold, don't miss this drink special, "new" sale going on the gift shop, yada, yada, yada.

So now I just completely tune those announcements out. I have "been around the ship" enough times to know which sales I am interested in ahead of time and I plan accordingly. (It helps to try and get a copy of that ship's Capers from CC ahead of time so you know what things will be on specials during your week!)

Archived