Fire on Westerdam

we2cruisers

If it didn't make national news, I wouldn't worry about it. Could have been a waist paper basket :D if anything at all. Even a small fire is a serious matter at sea so it could be interperated by passengers as something bigger than it truely was. Or for that matter, a drill that was thought to be something real.

Hello WEcruisers

We are also on the Westerdam next week we are travelling from England and are on a back to back so I hope that the fire was not serious. There has not been any mention of this in our newspaper, if it was serious it would have been in the news. Although small fires can soon become serious. something may come up in the next threads. Not long to go now.:)

We are on the Westerdam now and it happened just after we set sail from Ft. Lauderdale. It was in the incenerator's (sp?) and it was small and they had it under control in a matter of minutes. They did sound the alarms due to the fact that several smoke detectors went off and that will automatically sound all alarms.

Other than that we are having a wonderful time, food, service and cabin is fabulous. The weather has been perfect along with the seas.. We are in cabins 6105 and 6107 and our room stewarded Abdul is top notch. Haven't seen much entertainment, we tend to entertain ourselves on our own. The internet is VERY SLOW on the ship... Well off for now and I will try to write a review when I return. BTW, Half Moon Cay was A+, we had the Orange Cabana and a Butler, the food was to die for....

Deb

Debi_D - thanks for the update!

We'll be on the Westerdam next week as well, and we had heard there was a small fire from one of our roll call members doing a B2B (Mary & Don).

I've heard lots of great things about your cruise this week, so I hope ours is just as great next week :)

Archived