11/25 review Magic Eastern

mom x4,grandma x4

Hi Nancy,

Ok they do have tons of watches, especially mens. They usually have a table full of them on sale towards the middle of the cruise. My son has bought a watch valued at $150 for $39.

DH looked at some but didnt buy any. They had watch and pen sets on sale, but I dont remember the price, i do remember thinking it was a good price for being on the ship.

My watch died 2 days before the cruise so I went to the cheap watches hanging up by the pins. I paid $29.95 for a leather band and the face has Mickey,donald,minnie,daisy,goofy and pluto on it.

Ok, clothes are pretty limited. They have lots of pirate t-shirts, assorted sweatshirts and disney t-shirts. I saw some sweat suits and men have some tropical shirts on board for about $45 I believe. There were girls princess dresses and accessories too. I remember a few bathing suits around $80 I believe. A few ladies tropical tops, but not much.

so they do have some clothes but pretty limited to t-shirts and sweatshirts.

There is always a tiny sale rack at the back of the store by the far door, but it was ugly stuff and tiny sizes.

They have some neat picture frames, pins,assorted pirate items and some beautiful blown glass items. Only 2 stores for souvenirs.

One by Diversons has perfumes and snacks such as chips and such, plus alcohol.

The ship will match any price for booze that you find on the islands, but you must bring an ad from the store to prove the price and then they will match the price. They will give you a paper that tells about it. We dont drink, so I havnt used it, but I know they do that.

These stores are NOT open while you are in port. It is against the law.

The ship models for $20 are great souvenir too.

Kathy

Kathy...thanks for the great description of the shopping aboard the Magic. It sounds there is plenty to pick from.

I am getting so very excited about our first Disney cruise!!! Reading your review and seeing your pictures is putting me over the edge. I don't know that I can wait until April. :D

Our flights and hotel precruise are all set. The only thing left to do is book our rental car...and pack of course.

Did you by any chance see the Ron Jon Resort when you in Cape Canaveral???

Hi Nancy,

i remember seein git of to one side as we drove to the Radisson. There was a big sign, so you shouldnt have any problem finding it. The Radisson was nice but the beds were like a slab!!

I understand the rennaisance (spelling) is very nice, it is brand new and friends stayed there and liked it very much. They have full kitchens on some rooms too,

I have heard many great reports about Ron Jon too. Wish we would of stayed there too.

April will be here before you know it. We are on the 3 day 4/5 cruise next, so we will be close to your cruise.

are you staying after the cruise for a couple of days to rest up or just going straight back home??? If you were hanging around a few days I would try to meet up and say hello.

Kathy

We knew several people who stayed at the Residence Inn the night befor eour cruise. it was spendy, but they said it was very nice. One man posted a couple of pictures and I did look very nice.

if you like beds that are hard as a rock then stay at the Radisson.

We were really tired and hurting the next morning.

Mom x4,grandma x4

Loved the pics and your review as I got on the ship the day you got off. I also wanted to say a big thank you for all your helpful advice prior to my 1st cruise on Disney last week. Your tips and suggestions were perfect.

We just go back last night (sailed 12/2 to 12/9) and am at work already but will post a review in a couple of days.

Suffice it to say that it was "Magic" and Disney sure knows how to do it right.

Mindy

Archived