Century - places for adult quiet time?

fastfilly

My husband and I have booked a short Caribbean cruise on this ship in March and from what I hear, these types of cruises tend to attract more children. In the daytime while on the ship, where might a couple go for some quieter, adult time? We plan to hit the spa a few times, but you can't stay in there for the entire cruise (or can you? hmmm... :D ). I assume the pool/whirlpool will be challenging, but is there perhaps a sun deck (or smaller nook) that sees less traffic?

Nothing against children, but my husband is a teacher and needs a break now and then. :)

Thanks for any information!

Nothing against children, but my husband is a teacher and needs a break now and then. :)

As a retired teacher after 30+ years I understand the feeling.

My favorite lounge is the front observation lounge on the sports deck, the Hemisphere.

On deck 6 there are doors to the promenade deck. It is covered and the chairs are comfortable but in the shade. Make sure you pick up a towl from the pool deck because the foam padding is normally soaked. This is probably the most underutilized part of the ship.:D On port days, the outdoor cafe deck is a nice place to sit as well.. Enjoy, we loved Century, over and over (88 days and eager to do more)

Your balcony, if you have one.

The Aqua Spa is generally a quiet spot for breakfast and lunch and I saw Very few children in there (we had breakfast there every day and lunch twice).

Michael's Club is a quiet spot for a drink.

The Persian Garden is also quiet.

You may luck out, unless it is during spring break. Then, there may be no place to hide:).

My husband and I have booked a short Caribbean cruise on this ship in March and from what I hear, these types of cruises tend to attract more children. In the daytime while on the ship, where might a couple go for some quieter, adult time? We plan to hit the spa a few times, but you can't stay in there for the entire cruise (or can you? hmmm... :D ). I assume the pool/whirlpool will be challenging, but is there perhaps a sun deck (or smaller nook) that sees less traffic?

We were on the 11/13 cruise and there were hardly any children onboard. I depends on the time of year that you sail. If you sail any time near a holiday there may be an abundance of children.

I am a teacher and will be vacationing Feb. Break (President's Day week) and am in hopes that we will not have a large population of kids on our cruise. However, if we do, I have resolved that they are not mine and I do not need to deal with them. (our children will be with Grandparents in NY--Yes! We are very cruel!)

One of the closets in your cabin will have a floor to ceiling clear area. This makes for a quiet rendevous spot for a couple. There are a few rules.

You must be able to lock the bathroom door so the kids think you are in there. A few lock jimmy tools will work.

You need a bent clothes hanger to close the closet door from the inside.

The cabin stewart will be able to figure out what is going on in the closet. Just tell him you forgot to put out the "Do Not Disturb" placard, hand him a $10 bill and all will be well.

HEY FOLKS, JUST A JOKE. :o NO FLAMES PLEASE.

Les

We were on the 11/13 cruise and there were hardly any children onboard. I depends on the time of year that you sail. If you sail any time near a holiday there may be an abundance of children.

Because of our schedules, we have no choice but to sail during a school break in the part of Canada where I live, but I'm not certain that it's any sort of a school holiday in the U.S. or, for that matter, in any other part of Canada (it's the week of March 12th). Oh well, I'll be cruising instead of working, so it's all good! :)

Because of our schedules, we have no choice but to sail during a school break in the part of Canada where I live, but I'm not certain that it's any sort of a school holiday in the U.S. or, for that matter, in any other part of Canada (it's the week of March 12th). Oh well, I'll be cruising instead of working, so it's all good! :)

No holidays scheduled for that time of year. Happy cruising!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the refurb did away with our favorite spot on the Century--the thalassotherapy pool. We spent most afternoons there during our Christmas/New Year's cruise two years ago. I'm thinking the Persian Gardens that replaced it should be adults only as well. I don't know what the charge is for the entire cruise, but what we paid for use of the thalassotherapy pool was well worth it.

I just checked my kids scool calendar and looks like spring break the first week of April. Of course different parts of the US has spring break at different times. But the schools here are usually in the first group to take the break. So it looks like you might miss most of the kids. Have a great vacation.:p

During the daytime, my wife and I always get away from the pools for a few hours to relax in one of the bars/lounges. They're usually nice and quiet during the days, and make a great place for reading, writing post cards, etc. I was happy to discover this, since I was worried that on a sold-out ship it would be difficult to get some "quiet time" outside of our room.

Kids or not, probably the pool deck itself will be OK if you can get a lounger. It is the pools and whirlpools which might be crowded. In the morning for breakfast, or just for quiet time with a book/coffee, I love the outside deck (deck 10) aft, just off the cafe. Catch a few rays, watch the ocean... :D can't wait to go back. Century was our first cruise, and we were both teachers at the time. Super relaxing time! Enjoy.

If most of the March breaks in Canada, U.S. and Mexico are not at your time to travel, I do not think that you will be too bothered. :)

Archived