Crown - Missing Atrium Light

cws

I am sailing on the Crown later this year and can't help but notice in all the photos being posted by past cruisers that there is a huge light fixture missing from the top of the stairwell railing on the middle deck in the atrium (there should be one light on both the left side and right side at the top of every railing, but on the left set of stairs the right-side light is not there). This light has been missing for months now (I don't know if it was broken or what).

I am very surprised this light has not been replaced by now. Does anybody know the story of the missing light and why it has taken so long to replace it?

I am sailing on the Crown later this year and can't help but notice in all the photos being posted by past cruisers that there is a huge light fixture missing from the top of the stairwell railing on the middle deck in the atrium (there should be one light on both the left side and right side at the top of every railing, but on the left set of stairs the right-side light is not there). This light has been missing for months now (I don't know if it was broken or what).

I am very surprised this light has not been replaced by now. Does anybody know the story of the missing light and why it has taken so long to replace it?

We took this home with us a a souvenier of the ship on our second Crown cruise last month. :eek:

Probably the same reason that the elevators have not been fixed since the infamous "tilt" months back. The light is purely an aesthetic issue, but the elavators not working properly has been a major inconvenience posted by many on this group. Really surprising that they cannot get these things fixed... Maybe it will need to wait until the ship goes in to dry dock next year?

We just got off the crown on 12/2/06 and there were no elevator problems. We used all three banks of elevators, but mostly used the midship and aft elevators. We never waited more than a minute or two.

The only problem with the elevators is that people don't know elevator etiquette and when the door opens , they start to crowd on without letting people off first.

I never noticed the missing light that you are referring to but now I will go look at my pics.:cool:

Can someone post pics of the stairs showing the missing light!!!

(yes, I know the light is missing but the area that shows it should be there!! Like how the OP knew it was missing!!!):D

I think this is it. You can enlarge by clicking the photo. It's on the right at the top of the middle staircase:

http://image53.webshots.com/53/7/18/30/2362718300014642629azDRzN_fs.jpg

There were broken glass panels on Deck 16 when we were on Nov. 4 that people had said had been broken for at leats the prior cruise and hadn't been fixed.

I wonder if those have been fixed - it seems they would be a bit more dangerous than a missing light fixture.

Some of these posts have given me a laugh! In any event, check out the photos below (I hope they can be viewed). As I mentioned, the light was there on the first several sailings but mysteriously disappeared and was never replaced.

Left-side staircase in atrium with light missing (the man is resting his arm where the light should be):

http://cruisenewbie.com/photos/album/crown-princess-cruise-indoor-public-spaces/page/6/photo/last-day-at-the-piazza

Right-side staircase in atrium with light in place:

http://cruisenewbie.com/photos/album/crown-princess-cruise-indoor-public-spaces/page/1/photo/the-piazza

I think this is the primary reason why many people do not recommend sailing a new ship, but to wait a while until all the bugs are worked out.

Yes..this is true.....

but I was just curious about "Joseph 123"'s comment about the Crown going into dry dock next year. Is it really going into dry dock next year?

(Haven't been on this website for the past month, did I miss something?)

Archived