Avoiding Spring Break/Easter Dates?

sharecruises

Hi...I am sure there are other threads about this

but I am looking for the "latest" info on spring break dates so that I can avoid them..

I am specifically looking at the Glory....march...april...may...

and perhaps Miracle/Legend out of Tampa?? Not sure when and how they

are switching, and a bit leary of taking last/first cruise from there

what dates do YOU think would be less kids/spring break "mess"??

(and yes, I realize that Carnival has kids on all ships, had NO problems on Imagination in may....however,not sure about other ships, and what dates would be less spring break...I have read disappointed reviews of ships full of kids on elevators, running in halls etc)

thanks in advance

The Miracle is in Tampa until mid-April and then it switches to NY.

Here in Oregon, our Spring Break is the last week of March. On our Miracle cruise this past March, there were lots of kids. Several of our Roll Call people from several different states also had Spring Break that week.

Hope that helps! :)

Yes, definately avoid Spring break...

Anywhere from the middle of March to the middle of April.:D

Most Spring Breaks fall the last week of March, first week of April. Often times it does coincide with Easter being the end of the break.

It's our favorite time to cruise weatherwise. We have looked forward to our last daughter graduating so we wouldn't have to go during Spring Break anymore. When we looked at everything, it's still the best time of the year to cruise. Just ending a long cold winter, weather there is not too hot/humid, summertime is more expensive than spring, other winterish times of year can be cold, rough weather. We're hooked on the time of year so we'll probably continue to cruise over our tradition breaks. oh well

Last year, we went on the Glory during the 2nd week of May for that very reason... to avoid the little munchkins. There were only about a total of 20 (that we saw). It was great! Those that we did come across very well behave. We have booked for the first week of May (on the Glory again) this year.

My suggestion is to avoid March and April.

We were on the Elation during spring break of last year and hardly noticed kids at all. I know there was a bunch on there but unless your looking for them they seem to blend in quite well. Have a spring break cruise scheduled again this week on the Celebration and dont anticipate any problems then. The pools may have been a little more crowded but overall the kids behaved as well as the adults.

If you want to avoid kids do some research.

If you traveling with kids and want to go when yours are out of school, then you usually have no choice.

The biggest problem is when the Florida Schools are on their Spring Break, if you are cruising out of FL.

I live outside of Tampa and last year took my High School Senior during Spring Break. He liked it but Mom and Dad didn't.

Not all of our counties have Spring Break with Easter:

Our area (Pinellas County): Spring break – March 26-30.

Miami Schools (Dade County):April 2-6

So you may want to avoid those two weeks for sure!

It's pretty easy to spot which cruises have fewer kids on them during the spring. Prices will be lower and cabins with uppers will be widely available. Just check several sailing dates in late Feb, early Mar, and late Apr.

We are booked on Legend, the first (I believe) from the Tampa/ NY switch with Miracle, 4/22 and from the roll call section we have had no responses, so I would say that would be a good week. Looks like most kids are back to school by then, at least that's what I hope for. Son is going on another line out of NO 4/7-14 for senior trip.

This will make your heart pound...

http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar2.htm

btw... this is college... double or triple for HS & grammar school. But they don't all go on cruises :)

Seriously, we cruise during spring break cuz that's when my kids are off. The ship usually isn't too bad until the last sea day (usually the last night of the cruise) I guess the kids (teenagers esp) get a little crazy, may find booze & maybe just feel like "what the heck its the last day".

I especially stay away from the kids/teen zone that day.

Last year we sailed Holland and there were only 16 kids between the ages of13-17. Honestly, that was one of the most boring cruises we have been on. This poor 17 year old boy spent all his time with us...we were closer to his age, I guess. I really enjoy the teenagers, maybe because we have one. It's the kids ranging in age from 8-11 that make me nuts...your not my mom, out of control, little know it alls. Now I know not all 8-11 year olds are like that so don't be jumping all over me if your kid is an angel. They just tend to be the ones chasing each other around and getting into mischief. The teenagers are too lazy to be obnoxious...lol.

Archived