Shopping in Orlando?

PirateGal

Hi all,

Hope someone can give me a few tips on shopping in Orlando. We fly in for our cruise the day before and we have rented a car from Budget. I hope to sneak in a few hours of clothes shopping before we head to our hotel in Port Canaveral for the night.

Any recommendations of malls/areas of shopping? I'd like to visit one outlet mall and maybe one normal mall. We would also need to hit up a Target to pick up some pop and snacks for the cruise.

Thanks!

Your post does not say where you're from which might be useful to avoid duplicating things you have at home. That said, consider:

The largest mall is the FLORIDA MALL located just north of the junction of TOLL 528 (Beachline Expressway) & US17 / 92 / 441 (Orange Blossom Trail). This is just a few miles from the airport via the airport's north exit. Besides a couple hundred stores the department stores are Macy's, Dillards, Saks 5th Avenue, Sears, JC Penney.

The fanciest mall and not too much smaller than the above mall is the MALL AT MILLENIA. This is located on I-4 at Conroy Road, the first exit north/east of where the Turnpike crosses I-4. The main stores here are Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus and the largest Macy's in Orlando. Lots of high end stores. There is a SuperTarget across Conroy from this mall.

We have 3 outlet malls but the best is the ORLANDO PREMIUM OUTLETS located near the intersection of I-4 and SR 535 in Lake Buena Vista. This is across from Disney World. Some of the outlets include Banana Republic, GAP, Guess, FCUK, Adidas, Nike, Puma, Nine West, Polo, Calvin Klein, Lucky Brand, Diesel, Miss Sixty/Energie, Levi's, Reebok, etc etc etc.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

BobK/Orlando

Your post does not say where you're from which might be useful to avoid duplicating things you have at home. That said, consider:

The largest mall is the FLORIDA MALL located just north of the junction of TOLL 528 (Beachline Expressway) & US17 / 92 / 441 (Orange Blossom Trail). This is just a few miles from the airport via the airport's north exit. Besides a couple hundred stores the department stores are Macy's, Dillards, Saks 5th Avenue, Sears, JC Penney.

The fanciest mall and not too much smaller than the above mall is the MALL AT MILLENIA. This is located on I-4 at Conroy Road, the first exit north/east of where the Turnpike crosses I-4. The main stores here are Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus and the largest Macy's in Orlando. Lots of high end stores. There is a SuperTarget across Conroy from this mall.

We have 3 outlet malls but the best is the ORLANDO PREMIUM OUTLETS located near the intersection of I-4 and SR 535 in Lake Buena Vista. This is across from Disney World. Some of the outlets include Banana Republic, GAP, Guess, FCUK, Adidas, Nike, Puma, Nine West, Polo, Calvin Klein, Lucky Brand, Diesel, Miss Sixty/Energie, Levi's, Reebok, etc etc etc.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

BobK/Orlando

Trust the King, Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're coming down from Canada, so trust me, nothing will be a duplicate of what we have at home. Yes, we have the GAP, etc but the prices and selection don't compare to the bargains we usually find in the US.

Thanks for your advice so far!

Thanks, psbcap. You're welcome, PirateGal.

Let me add that if you want to experience a Macy's do the one at the Mall at Millenia location. That location was built a few years ago as a Macy's and is an all-lines A-store. The other Macy's locations around Orlando were originally Burdines stores which were converted to Macy's. These are B-stores and don't carry anywhere near the selection as the Millenia store.

I forgot, but there's also a Nordstrom at Florida Mall.

Also, there are discounts available to take advantage of. At Florida Mall if you go to a Customer Service desk they'll give you a free coupon book. It's not that great but perhaps you'll find something to use. At Orlando Premium Outlets if you go to the customer service desk in the middle of the food court you can get a very good discount booklet. If you're a AAA/CAA member the booklet is free (show your card), otherwise it's $5. But you can easily save the $5 with one purchase. The Mall at Millenia no longer has a discount booklet, unfortunately. But if you go to the customer service desks of Macy's or Bloomingdales (both on 3rd floor) and show your out-of-Florida ID, you can get a 10-12% discount pass good for the day.

Too bad you don't have more time! But the drive to Port Canaveral is only an hour so SHOP TILL YOU DROP!

BobK/Orlando

Hi PirateGal,

My daughter and I were in Orlando (from Toronto) in September, and did our share of shopping. Given the limited time you have available, I would give priority to the Orlando Premium Outlets Mall. We spent five hours there and had to go back again to finish up the rest of the stores! It was great. We also spent a fair bit of time at the Florida Mall, which is massive, but I really found that the bargains were at the outlet mall. Have fun!

Archived