Question for Anna F or anyone else about tours from Barcelona

Dear Anna:
My wife and I will be arriving in Barcelona from Madrid on a Thursday in June for a Saturday departure on the Millennium. We have been in Barcelona before and would like to take a tour (prerably by bus since private is very expensive) to Girona and the Dali museum. I understand from Frommer's that various companies (e.g. Pullmantur and Juliatours) offer such tours. I've tried to contact Pullmantur via telephone at a number (93 317 12 97) indicated on the Frommer web site but received a message from the phone company that that was not a correct number. I havent' tried Juliatours. I did see that some tours are offered to Girona only on a Tuesday and Thursday, which we couldn't do since we will be arriving mid-day on Thursday. Do you know or could you find out if there are any tours available to take on Friday, June 25 that go to these sites. Thanks so much. You're information is always very helpful.
steveg

Steve, I am wondering if you considered simply doing a day trip to Girona and/or Figueres on your own. This would certainly save you a lot of money (if you are on a budget) and give you total freedom. Personally, we would just rent a car in Barcelona and drive to Figures (Dali Museum), Girona, and perhaps even have time to drive to the coast and have a quick dip in the ocean at Tossa de Mar (a bit out of the way). The drive to Figures and Girona is quite easy and on fast interstate-like roads. Once you clear the environs of Barcelona you should be able to average a good 70 MPH on the A7 and get to Figueres in under 2 hours. Your major problem might be the limited hours of the Dali museum (you should check the latest times on the internet). You could also make the same trip on the Spanish trains from Barcelona (there are frequent trains on this route). As to private tours, I cannot be of any help since we always prefer to do our own thing!

Hank

Hi Steve
As you say Pullmantur only offer the tour on Tuesday and Thursday I have e-mailed to Julia tours and when I have a reply I will tell you
In the other hand as Hlitner says you could rent a car and drive to Figueres I also think always is better to know the different places do them at your own, if you decide this and you must information about routes, please tell me
Anna

MSC LIRICA August 1, 2004

Julia Tours has informed me they also do the tour to Figueres and Girona only Tuesday and Thursday.
I have been searching other spanish companies but I don't find any one that do this tour.
I'm sorry but I don't help you in this matter.
Best regards / Anna

MSC LIRICA August 1, 2004

Anna:
Thank you so much for investigating this. We're staying at the Apsis Atrium Palace (actually I had read your recommendation about his hotel months and months ago and booked it based on what you had written). They tell me that a city bus company called Catalunya Busturistic does a tour for 55 Euros per person and that it leaves every day at 8:30 AM and returns at 8:00 PM. I just don't know if that is actually a tour or just transportation and we will probably wait until we arrive in Barcelona on the 24th to decide how we want to spend Friday the 25th. If you know anything about Catalunya Busturistic, please post.
steveg

Archived