what is offered on the kid's menus...

urquie

I'm assuming kids can order off the regular menu? My kids would like to order regular food, and since they pay the full 3rd and 4th passenger rate, I wouldn't think they would have to order the kids food. For the money I'm paying, they'll eat off the more expensive adult menu and like it! :) Just kidding, they can order kids stuff if they want, but my 8 yr old will want what the adults are having.

I'm assuming kids can order off the regular menu? My kids would like to order regular food, and since they pay the full 3rd and 4th passenger rate, I wouldn't think they would have to order the kids food. For the money I'm paying, they'll eat off the more expensive adult menu and like it! :) Just kidding, they can order kids stuff if they want, but my 8 yr old will want what the adults are having.

The kids can order from either menu (so can you:) )

An important note: in the main dining rooms, they can order off of either menu. But remember in the cover charge specialty restaurants like Cagney's and LeBistro, if they order an entree off the adult menu, then they have to pay a full cover price. They can eat in the specialty restaurants for free if they order off the Kids Menu (same in every restaurant, main or specialty) or they can order salad, soups, apetizers, or desserts off the specialty menu at no charge. Its just the entree that will get you....

We had several two for the price of one coupons for the first night of our Dawn Cruise and my mother in law was alone on her coupon, so we allowed my nine year old daughter to take the other meal on that coupon. She ordered Filet Mignon (her first time) and she loved it. Later in the week, she ordered it again....only then we had to pay the full cover....lol. She is now a true lover of steak! (just ask my wallet..lol)

Did not know that the kids eat free in Cagney's with no main course.

My kids can fill up on salad, shrimp cocktail, and desert and be fine!

May take them early (6?) to a real "Mommy and Daddy" dinner.......

That way we can do Bistro later in the cruise when they go to thekids club....

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE KIDS FOOD....

Anything and everything that they normaly eat will be available to them....if you are vegiterian, the kids can have pasta, grilled cheese, fruit, veggie dinners from main menus, salads, fish....

Went on a cruise with my brother's family who are kosher (BUT they did not want the pre made kosher meals), so they ate dairy, veggie, or fish all week and they had no problems with the choices and variety.

Hope this helps.

An important note: in the main dining rooms, they can order off of either menu. But remember in the cover charge specialty restaurants like Cagney's and LeBistro, if they order an entree off the adult menu, then they have to pay a full cover price. They can eat in the specialty restaurants for free if they order off the Kids Menu (same in every restaurant, main or specialty) or they can order salad, soups, apetizers, or desserts off the specialty menu at no charge. Its just the entree that will get you....

We had several two for the price of one coupons for the first night of our Dawn Cruise and my mother in law was alone on her coupon, so we allowed my nine year old daughter to take the other meal on that coupon. She ordered Filet Mignon (her first time) and she loved it. Later in the week, she ordered it again....only then we had to pay the full cover....lol. She is now a true lover of steak! (just ask my wallet..lol)

That's good to know, thanks for the info. I always learn at least 1 new thing a day on these boards. I haven't cruised in 11 years and feel like a a in-the-know veteran. Thanks!!! Looks like me and DW can hit Cagney's with the kids!

That's good to know, thanks for the info. I always learn at least 1 new thing a day on these boards. I haven't cruised in 11 years and feel like a a in-the-know veteran. Thanks!!! Looks like me and DW can hit Cagney's with the kids!

Not sure which ship you are going to be on, but you can enjoy more than just Cagney's with the kids. If you are on the Dawn or Star, you can enjoy Endless Summer/Salsa, LeBistro, LaTrattatoria, and Bamboo as a family also. (since Endless Summer/Salsa & LaTrattatoria do not have cover charges, the kids can order off the adult entree's there as well at no cost)

Another point, one good thing about taking the kids to the specialty restaurants is that they can try some foods they might not normally have a chance to try. For example, LaTrattatoria has some sort of "squid" on the Apetizers. My daughter was able to try that as well as many other things. It is a great way to expose the kids to new tastes!

Archived