will we like PRINCESS????

melika091900

:D I posted this question before months and months ago and I cant find the thread,, but I wanted to ask again,

what does anyone think of the dawn princess?? online it doesnt get good ratings as far as food? decor etc? ( not on CC but other sites)

weve been on celebrity, NCL and carnival

any comparisons???

our friends went on the dawn and liked it , and they are having us go with them again in March,, im just seeing what im in for.... we love NCL freestyle dining , is the personal choice dining good on princess ? as far as wait times etc...

any info I would appreciate.. thanks in advance, im new the princess threads so be nice :D

We haven't been on the Dawn but have been on the Grand twice and the Diamond 3 times and booked on the Sun.

We like the anytime dining, you can make reservations but not for peak times, we have never had a long wait, they will give you a pager like the restaurants when a table is ready.

We have cruised on Carnival and Disney as well and DCL and Princess are our favorites.

Enjoy your cruise, go with an open mind and have fun!!!:)

Hi all,

We sailed on the Dawn for a 10 day cruise with my in-laws and had a wonderful time. Don't expect the large ship feel but you don't get the mass groups either. We would diffently do the Dawn again if the right cruise came up! As for wildcard ..... everyone has the right to voice his opinion as to what they like. If you don't like princess cruise another line.

Randy

We have done the Dawn a number of times. Would not hesitate to return. We find it very comfortable and enjoy the Sun class. We have tried a number of other lines (NCL, HAL, X, and others that no longer exist) As you can see from our past cruises we favor Princess.

Food comparisons are subjective. As are decor.... We like the subdued earth tones and would find the bright colors of Carnival to loud and bright for our taste.

We have always had good service, but then we are easy to please.

We feel it is a good value for the money.

We did a Dawn Princess 10 day last year- very good cruise. I wrote a review for the review section (April 2005.) We enjoyed very good service, activities, and food.

We had a superb meal at the Sterling Steak house, had excellent pizza, the grill food was good, and we loved the selections of ice cream and desserts. We had Anytime Dining-it worked well for us.

The excursions, on this cruise, were very well planned and we found the excursion desk to be quite helpful. The staff was gracious.

Things may have changed since last year, but we hope not.

Read the reviews with a grain of salt. Many times, the person writing the review has a complaint and an axe to grind; posting their review is a way to vent their frustrations.

I haven't been on the Dawn Princess but I was on the Sea Princess, a sister ship, for two weeks last summer. I really like the Sun-class ships. They are smaller and you don't get the huge crowds you see on the large ships.

One really great spot on these ships is the Aloha deck aft area, which is a good-sized open deck area with loungers both in the sun and the shade. We never had a problem finding a couple of loungers there. The bar staff come down to this area and will take your drink order, including sodas. What's not to like about that!

If you've been on NCL and Carnival, you'll probably like Princess. Yes, it's more subdued and you won't find the party atmosphere of the other lines. There is partying -- it's just not a "Spring Break" atmosphere -- and there's still plenty of fun and interesting things to do. Princess ships are more elegant and don't have the glitz and "Broadway lights" that you might find on other lines.

Princess passengers expect good service and excellent food -- and they get it. The buffet is open 24/7 with a wide variety of food offerings; the dining room menus have a wide range of selections every day and night, and if you don't like what's on the menu for the evening, there's the "Always Available" side of the menu where you can get Tournedos of beef (a small filet mignon -- ask for Hollandaise sauce and it's outstanding), fettucini Alfredo, grilled chicken, Caesar salad, etc. any night during your cruise.

You'll be with your friends, and you'll have a great time!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there really was a definitive answer for OP?

Personally, I feel other than becoming so ill that I could not enjoy the cruise, or having the ship sink, there is absolutely nothing that could spoil our vacation or cause me to come back here to whine about this or that.

Read these boards; go from forum to forum, thread to thread, and you will find negative and positive posts about any and every cruise, and on the same ship at the same time.

Some folks are very low maintenance, some demand what they consider top-notch attention at all times. Opinions will vary greatly dependent upon individual expectations.

Ultimately, it is your decision, and your "gut" feeling should tell you a lot.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Enjoy - Leave Home With A Positive Attitude, and a Determination To Have A Great Vacation and Surely You Will!

Archived