Do you get invited to the Singles Party if you are married but cruising alone?

monakayk

I am going on Carnival Ecstasy this Jan. with a DF. We both are married but this cruise is a 'Gals Only' cruise...NO DHs this time. However, we do have separate cabins, next to each other.

?:confused:? Will we get one of those 'Singles Party' cruise invitations? Just wondering, since our info has that we are married. We would like to be able to meet other solo cruisers.

We were able to meet a few solos on our last cruise on RCCL cause they had a M&M party for our roll call. But with Carnival, they don't have the M&M.

:)Thanks!:)

The singles parties aren't really for solo but married cruisers, but for those who are unattached. There are a lot of ways to meet others on cruises, but I imagine you could crash the single's party. But for my money and experience, I've found those singles parties to be pretty lame.

Is there an invitation to the singles party? I thought it was just a listing in the Capers. The only invitations I recall receiving have been to the Past Cruisers Party (when they have them).

Speaking of single parties, how are they organized? Are people introduced to each other? Any activities? Or do people roam and mingle as they please?

I've never been to one because I thought they were intended for people looking to hook-up (romance, etc.). If it's simply an opportunity to meet other single/solo travellers, then perhaps I should reconsider. Or should I?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Is there an invitation to the singles party? I thought it was just a listing in the Capers. The only invitations I recall receiving have been to the Past Cruisers Party (when they have them).

Thanks in advance for any information.

You are correct, they just mention it in the Capers. It held in the dance club, usually not that well attended.

You are correct, they just mention it in the Capers. It held in the dance club, usually not that well attended.

Listed in the Capers....for what day usually? The first day at sea or when?

Me and my DF are also interested in just meeting other 'solo' cruisers. We are not interested in 'romance' since we both are happily married, but would like to meet others to socialize a bit on the boat.

Wonder why more solo cruisers don't attend these parties?

:)Happy Cruising!:)

Listed in the Capers....for what day usually? The first day at sea or when?

Me and my DF are also interested in just meeting other 'solo' cruisers. We are not interested in 'romance' since we both are happily married, but would like to meet others to socialize a bit on the boat.

Wonder why more solo cruisers don't attend these parties?

:)Happy Cruising!:)

Those parties need some inprovement............

Where to meet other solo cruisers,,,,,,,,,Is in the dining room.........

My SEPT cruise,Everyone at my table was solo cruisers.........

HAPPY CRUISING...............

Solo cruisers don't attend those parties because they are pretty boring. I've found that those who are really fun and great people don't tend to go to those get togethers. Go to any lounge/bar, take shore excursions and participate in the activities to meet nice people.

I like what HAL did on my last 2 cruises. They had a singles/solos lunch table in the dining room on sea days. A very low key, non-threatening way to meet others who are single and/or sailing solo. It beats eating lunch by yourself every day.

On my recent November cruise on the Volendam, I actually met an interesting single man at the lunch. :D We hung out some on the ship, meeting for the show after dinner, and then going for a drink afterwards.

Roz

I agree; I'm not interested in romance or one-night (or one-cruise) stands. However, I do like to play card and board games. I've tried attending gameplaying events listed in some schedules (sorry, can't remember if these were on Carnival or Princess) but I appeared to be the only person there (no social host and the few people present were already engaged in games of their own).

Carnival is good about seating single travellers with other single travellers. Sometimes it works really well; other times, not so well. But it's a good starting point and can provide some great entertainment when the more, um, adventurous singles share their exploits.

I haven't tried HAL yet; the singles/solos lunch table is a nice touch. Something to look forward to once I finally cruise with them.

• 1 month later...

As a Gentleman Host I have to attend the singles affairs. First they are not to set up romantic interludes. They are just so you can find and meet other people traveling solo. Solo means traveling alone. Does not denote whether a person is married or not.

Most of the reponses are quite right. These events are poorly attended. I have to and have been to a dozen or so. The last one on a Celebrity cruise was attended by about 10 people and for the first time I actually saw people mingle and get to know one another. A few friendships developed as evidenced by the fact that I saw some of these people dancing in the evening, sitting together on deck and even on shore.

Can these events work? Sure they can. But one has to assume some responsibility for ones own well being. If you do not find a singles or solo event set up on the first day or two, call the Cruise Director and find out when the next one will be. If they have no plans for one, they may arrange on for your benefit. For those truly assertive, try asking the Matre de to sit you with solo travelers. On at sea days there are usually dance lessons held, ask the instructor to announce a meeting for solo travelers right after the class and talk to the people left over after the lesson.

As you can see there is lots you can do to meet other solo travelers. Oh, I almost forgot, if your ship has Gentleman Hosts or Dance Hosts, ask them about the solo's as that is who we cater to.

Hope this has been helpful,

rumba_man

• 1 month later...

The last 10 cruises i ve been on as a solo travler. the ships have had little to no- attendence at the singles gettogethers.Ive gone to maybe 9 out of 10 and look in to see who is there. Sometimes there is no one there . MY last cruises had 4 of us at the get together and I was the only male there. Im 50 2 of the ladies were 75 the other was 22.THE 22 year old left 5 min. after she arrived . I went with the 2 ladies on a couple of shore excursions we had a good time. The age of each other dont really matter as its more for company but it would be nice if they orginised things a little diferently so more people would feel comfortable in attending. so more people closer in age can get together . Insted of a singles party call it a solos excursion gettogether where solo travelers could get together for tours insted of going with other couples as i have done . I like to hook up with other solo travelers especially for shore excursions . I have had the best hook up with others at my dining table or someone near my table . But You would think that the ship could do something better. CARL

I've never attended a singles gathering. Just seems kind of sad. I've never had any problem meeting people on deck, at the bars, at dinner, on excursions, etc. It doesn't matter to me if they're single or not. I'm just there to have a good time.

Great Thread, lots of good information. Thanks for giving us information from a different perspective Rumba Man. I will be sailing in less than a month and plan on dancing as much as possible :D and meeting as many new people as possible, singles as well as couples. :)

WooooHoooo!!! :D :D

Juanita

Archived