Help! Dining Option Question

drfun48

I've found contrary to others, that there is not enough to eat at dinner. Has anyone ever tried to get a table at both seatings? I always feel awkward asking for second portions at a meals and being the considerate person that I am,I hate to see my waiter having to go back to the kitchen to get seconds when he has to serve other passengers. Also if I had the same waiter and assistant would I have to tip them double ?It's clear that if I were at a different table I would tip each waiter.

If this were not permissable,I guess I could get an early reservation at the specialty restaurant or alternative dining and still make late seating.

In a "worst case scenario" I guess I could go back to my cabin and order room service. I understand that dining room items are available in cabins during dinner.

I guess I might even be able to squeeze room service in between both seatings if I timed it right.

Lastly if I purchased additional food on shore,would I be charged a Plate-age fee for bringing it into the dining room?

Thanks in advance for any help,right now I have to get something to eat. All this typing is making me hungry.

I've found contrary to others, that there is not enough to eat at dinner. Has anyone ever tried to get a table at both seatings? I always feel awkward asking for second portions at a meals and being the considerate person that I am,I hate to see my waiter having to go back to the kitchen to get seconds when he has to serve other passengers. Also if I had the same waiter and assistant would I have to tip them double ?It's clear that if I were at a different table I would tip each waiter.

If this were not permissable,I guess I could get an early reservation at the specialty restaurant or alternative dining and still make late seating.

In a "worst case scenario" I guess I could go back to my cabin and order room service. I understand that dining room items are available in cabins during dinner.

I guess I might even be able to squeeze room service in between both seatings if I timed it right.

Lastly if I purchased additional food on shore,would I be charged a Plate-age fee for bringing it into the dining room?

Thanks in advance for any help,right now I have to get something to eat. All this typing is making me hungry.

:D:D:D Instead of double-tipping, just give your waiter a pair of roller-skates for all those trips to the galley for you!!

Oh my -- hungry on a cruise! Call 60 Minutes or 20/20 (or maybe better yet, Dr. Phil), to do a documentary on this unbelievable phenomenon!

Obviously the OP is joking, but just in case you're serious, I would suggest the easiest (and lease expensive) option other than eating in your cabin, would be to have your first or second dinner in the casual dining venue. Only $2 per person!

Archived