Thinking about Asian Capitals - dec 07

MrsWaldo

A little background...have been lurking for over 12 months

Cruised on Silver Cloud from Stockholm to london in Sept this year.

Locked into travelling during School vacation (for down under that means Dec Jan) as we have two teenagers ..will be 16 and turn 13 on the cruise. the travelled on cloud this year and behaved approriately and really njoyed the experience.

SS has no itineraries that jump up and grab us....most go where we've already been or have too many sea days in a row.

My main question relates to the water sports and marina... are jet skis etc inclusive of fares or are they an added extra?

Any other comments welcome as to give me an idea....I'm not looking for a SB v SS debate or comparison..i've already done that myself via reading most posts...

Thanks

:)

As far as we understand Jet Skis were taken off Seabourn ships in 2000/2001 when someone had an accident and tried to claim from Seabourn. Although they stayed on the Goddesses for a while they were not available for use and then they were sold off. The banana boat and water skis etc are free to use. Although the marina does not come down too often to enable them to be used.

I think the platform itself is only fully used, conditions permitting, when the brochure schedule specifically says “Marina day”. In the online schedule it is within the port description. The usage appears to be just the Med and Caribbean. The toys however are mentioned at beach BBQs such as Ko Kood Thailand. They seem to be popular, a recent post mentioned a sign up for water skiing.

Bill

The Marina, swimmiing cage, snorkeling gear, etc. is used pretty consistently on this particular itinerary. The stop at Ko Kood is specifically designed for that. Of course it is dependent on weather/sea conditions but isn't often cancelled. The activities are snorkeling, water-skiing, banana boat, pedal boats, kayaks, sailboards, windsurfers, plus the Caviar in the Surf barbecue. I think your teens will have a ball.

bgood

Thanks for all the great replies so far. i'm sure as i do more research i'll end up with more questions..

I think your teens will have a ball.

bgood

A large part of the question is for mr waldo....It's our usual summer at the beach in Oz vacation time so he doesn't want to swap his normal snorkel and surf for summer with purely sightseeing:D

• 10 months later...

Archived