Luggage storage on HAL

carolandphil

Can anyone help with this: We will be on Mas cruise over Christmas/ New Year, What happens to luggage during cruise. We will not be travelling light as spending a week with family in Key Largo prior to cruise and have a lot of pressies etc to bring out. We will have 4 cases, do they get stored somewhere or do they remain in cabin.

My very first cruise was a 4-day "try-it-you'll-like-it" on the Carnival Fantasy in a cabin a bit smaller than a HAL B category. Sometime on the second day the room steward pointed out that we could store our bags under the bed. Felt like a real fool having stumbled around our bags for 2 days. :o

KK is correct that most luggage will fit under the bed. If there isn't room under the bed, ask your room steward if he can store them. We did the 2005 world cruise on Prinsendam. The beds are just a bit lower than on the other ships and we had two large suitcases that were just an inch too high to put under the bed. Our steward took them away never to be seen again until the day before disembarkation when they magically appeared in the cabin.

One thing we've discovered is that sometimes our softsided bags won't just slide under the bed....maybe an inch or so too thick. We try having one of us gently lift the frame and then slide the "offending" bag under the bed. So far so good.....with the one exception where we drove to the port and I think my wife brought her triple dresser with us and we ran out of space under the bed. :eek: The room steward found a place to store the extras for us. :)

One thing we've discovered is that sometimes our softsided bags won't just slide under the bed....maybe an inch or so too thick. We try having one of us gently lift the frame and then slide the "offending" bag under the bed. So far so good.....with the one exception where we drove to the port and I think my wife brought her triple dresser with us and we ran out of space under the bed. :eek: The room steward found a place to store the extras for us. :)
That was our problem too, Randy. We drove and the only limitation was how much can you stuff in a Buick LeSabre and still fit three people in the car. Slinkie has a set of three bags that nest together, but become rather thick and rigid when nested. They fit under the bed on Noordam and Rotterdam by lifting the frame and sliding them under, but not on Prinsendam.

most of the luggage today has an expandable zipper to get more in your luggage I know mine does and do I use it:D,after taking my belongings out I rezipper it to it's normal size and it fits under the bed nicely.You could try that.

emmy

Thank you all for your help, I have only recently discovered this link and I love the help it provides. I can now reassure DH that the quantity I travel with is no problem. Only two weeks till cruise and one week until we take off to visit family in the States, can't wait

We like to keep at least one bag under the bed for use as a hamper, but your steward will gladly hide the rest away for you until the day before you disembark. On our last cruise on the Prinsendam, in fact, he whisked them away before we even had the chance to ask - got them stashed while we were at the lifeboat drill.

On our first cruise we didn't know that you could have the cases removed so spent the entire time moving a huge hard-sided case from the top of the bed during the day to blocking the door at night. Not a lot of fun, but then the Carnival Exasperation wasn't a great introduction to cruising! :rolleyes:

On our first cruise we didn't know that you could have the cases removed so spent the entire time moving a huge hard-sided case from the top of the bed during the day to blocking the door at night. Not a lot of fun, but then the Carnival Exasperation wasn't a great introduction to cruising! :rolleyes:

I did much the same thing on my first cruise on Oosterdam - We were in an adjoining stateroom and left the luggege stacked in front of that door the entire Dam week!*

Archived