Weather concerns

du4mch

As im sitting here cruising the post and lisitning to Christmas music on the radio I'm concerned about the weather. Were leaving for the Explorer on 1/13. In the past weve booked flights for the same day as the cruise. Never had an issue with it. This is our first Winter Cruise. This trip were leaving 1 day early from Boston as there could be flight delays due to a snowstorm. Anyone experienced flight delays do to bad weather? How did you handle it? Did it last more than a day?

Heres to hoping the weather cooperates.

do you really want to leave it up to mother-nature here in the Northeast???We are cruising on the 14th of JAN. but are leaving out of Boston for San juan on the 12th --Why would you want to take a chance of sitting in Logan while your ship sais away!!!!HAPPY CRUISING

du4mch: In January 05 we flew out of Detroit to San Juan. The day we left there was a major snow storm that hit the mid west, dumping 9 inches of snow. The day before it was clear and sunny and in the mid 40's. We were leave at 8:30 am for a direct flight to San Juan. First the planes flight computer crashed and we had to get another plane, after we boarded the other plane and waited 2 hours for all tha luggage to be moved from one plane to the other, one of the engines froze, that was fixed, we went out to get deiced, our plane froze to the deicing pad, we had to be pulled free, next the control tower shutdown for a broken water pipe flooding the tower, a guy sitting behind us started crying that it was terrorists causing all this, wanted to turn around and slap the crap out of him, they had to move to a secondary tower. After all that we took of at 2:45 pm for the flight to San Juan. when we landed RCCL was there to say they were holding the ship till 1:00 am for the flights that made it out that day. After all that happened that day we just rolled with the punches and had a wonderfull cruise. I think you were smart to go a day early. If there are any problems you'll be fine.

Why would you want to take a chance of sitting in Logan while your ship sais away!!!!HAPPY CRUISING

Hmmm, lets see, Logan vs. cruise ship. Thats a tough call!:D :D

I noticed that you are from the Vineyard. I go there a lot. It is probably my second favorite place on earth right after..... Nantucket;) :D

We had a Celebrity Panama Canal trip last February.

Decided it would be prudent to go a day early, and stay in a hotel in Galveston.

Good move! Started snowing early on Saturday. We left for Baltimore at 10 am for our motel (and parking). About 8 inches of snow later, we were able to make the morning plane--fortunately it had been there overnight. They shoveled it off, then we deiced and a runway had been cleared. Off to Houston.

A whole bunch of folks from the northeast caught up with the ship in Cozumel.

We had a Celebrity Panama Canal trip last February.

Decided it would be prudent to go a day early, and stay in a hotel in Galveston.

Good move! Started snowing early on Saturday. We left for Baltimore at 10 am for our motel (and parking). About 8 inches of snow later, we were able to make the morning plane--fortunately it had been there overnight. They shoveled it off, then we deiced and a runway had been cleared. Off to Houston.

A whole bunch of folks from the northeast caught up with the ship in Cozumel.

du4mch: In January 05 we flew out of Detroit to San Juan. The day we left there was a major snow storm that hit the mid west, dumping 9 inches of snow. The day before it was clear and sunny and in the mid 40's. We were leave at 8:30 am for a direct flight to San Juan. First the planes flight computer crashed and we had to get another plane, after we boarded the other plane and waited 2 hours for all tha luggage to be moved from one plane to the other, one of the engines froze, that was fixed, we went out to get deiced, our plane froze to the deicing pad, we had to be pulled free, next the control tower shutdown for a broken water pipe flooding the tower, a guy sitting behind us started crying that it was terrorists causing all this, wanted to turn around and slap the crap out of him, they had to move to a secondary tower. After all that we took of at 2:45 pm for the flight to San Juan. when we landed RCCL was there to say they were holding the ship till 1:00 am for the flights that made it out that day. After all that happened that day we just rolled with the punches and had a wonderfull cruise. I think you were smart to go a day early. If there are any problems you'll be fine.

This has to be real! No one could make up a story with this many twists and turns!

Glad you had a great cruise. You needed it after all of that stress!

Many of the airlines will allow you to fly out early if a storm is predicted with no addtional charge. But remember many people will be doing the same thing so start checking the airlines website as soon as the weatherman starts talking snow that week. Clear your schedule and pack early so if you do have to run you are all ready.

Sue

I remember that weekend well...I live in a suburb of Baltimore. That was the only major snow we got last winter. But I wasn't home. I had left Friday to visit a friend in Houston for the weekend, and also visited my uncle near Galveston.

Archived