Princess Cays Bungalow Review

Cruise Junky

Thanks, my partner and Myself are going on an eastern Carb. along with four other family members. Can't wait to go.:)

You will love the bungalow, it was the best investment we made during our trip. ENJOY!

Thanks for posting the photos - I loved looking at them! I have to say, those bungalows look really cute!

I have a question: In photo #8, the indoor bungalow table is set with a tablecloth, fabric napkins, china, and real (metal) cutlery. In a later photo (#81?), the table has been filled with food, but has no tablecloth,etc and has paper plates. It appears to be the same (red) bungalow. What's the scoop with that? Just curious. Thanks!

Thanks for posting the photos - I loved looking at them! I have to say, those bungalows look really cute!

I have a question: In photo #8, the indoor bungalow table is set with a tablecloth, fabric napkins, china, and real (metal) cutlery. In a later photo (#81?), the table has been filled with food, but has no tablecloth,etc and has paper plates. It appears to be the same (red) bungalow. What's the scoop with that? Just curious. Thanks!

After we were through our lunch, with the table cloth, our waiters came back in and cleared the table (table cloth included) but they left some fruit, dessert and food (some ribs, chicken etc. It's under the foil) so we could have something for the rest of the day to pick on. The plates, table cloth etc. comes from the ship so they had to get these things back on board, hence the paper plates for later on.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Nice that they left you snacks for the afternoon! And I really enjoyed watching your videos, it was like a little mini-mini-vacation... I felt like I was really there! Thanks.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. Nice that they left you snacks for the afternoon! And I really enjoyed watching your videos, it was like a little mini-mini-vacation... I felt like I was really there! Thanks.

Thanks. I tried to just take pics of just anything that anyone might like to see!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Question,

We just booked to Caribbean Princess for 01-06-08 and we're both very excited.

We definitely plan on spending a lot of time in the water while on Princess Cay, we're water babies at heart!

Is there a charge for the buffet on the island if we don't rent a cabana? If so, how much is it? Do they except your cruise credit card or do you need to somehow order it while still onboard?

Thanks in advance, I really have enjoyed reading these boards!

Question,

We just booked to Caribbean Princess for 01-06-08 and we're both very excited.

We definitely plan on spending a lot of time in the water while on Princess Cay, we're water babies at heart!

Is there a charge for the buffet on the island if we don't rent a cabana? If so, how much is it? Do they except your cruise credit card or do you need to somehow order it while still onboard?

Thanks in advance, I really have enjoyed reading these boards!

There is no charge for the BBQ lunch. It is served on both sides of the bridge. Be sure to get there earlier rather than later as they did run out of food when we were there. For drinks other than the normal water and tea you use your sail and sign card. You do not need to order the food at all. Have fun but remember that stopping here is not guaranteed as it is tenders and sometimes too rough to be safe.

Booked a bungalow for our upcoming cruise, and I too would like to know the bathroom situation, location etc. Also does anyone know the difference between the seaboard and the float that you can reserve?

Good Question I am interested in a couple of floats on our trip.

If you have a bungalow prebooked..are they assigned to you or do you get to pick the color/location when you get there?

I have looked and still can't find the answer about the restroom locations in comparison to the bungalows. Can anyone answer???:confused:

Is there music on the island?:) :confused:

If you have a bungalow prebooked..are they assigned to you or do you get to pick the color/location when you get there?

I have looked and still can't find the answer about the restroom locations in comparison to the bungalows. Can anyone answer???:confused:

Is there music on the island?:) :confused:

If you want the closest to the bathrooms, then it would be the yellow or bungalow #1.

• 3 weeks later...

We've booked a bungalow on Princess Cays for our Dec cruise; but there are 8 of us. Has anyone used a bungalow with more than 6 people? If there are only a maximum of 6 priority tender tickets, will it be difficult for the other two of our group to join us in a timely manner? Does Princess enforce the "only 6 people" rule, because there are only 6 bungalows and they're all booked now and I can't see paying another $200 for two people. Can anyone advise me on this?? Thanks!

Rose

We had the same situation last year.

6 people got the priority Tenders and the other 2 just showed up later.

The food served was plenty so not an issue.

Waiters did not mind as the more the higher the tips.

Washrooms for the ladies is in the food area and the mens is nearby.

We had the same situation last year.

6 people got the priority Tenders and the other 2 just showed up later.

The food served was plenty so not an issue.

Waiters did not mind as the more the higher the tips.

Washrooms for the ladies is in the food area and the mens is nearby.

Oh thank you, thank you!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

:) The time is close and I can hardly wait to lay out in the beach chairs and listen to the waves while the warm breeze blows over. The bungalows sound just great and I do hope that it will be a peacful place to be. The party animals and the music will be over in the other area (I hope). I hope that people will realize that their taste in music just might not be someone else tast in music and it could really ruin the day for someone that is looking for peace and relaxation. I am going to bring my I-pod and headphones just in case I decide to listen to music so that others won't have to listen to what I listen to. Since we are adults I am sure that we can respect each other and allow those who are looking for peace and relaxation just that. :D

Archived