Orient Beach - Nudity

cinnamon

As a European, I am accustomed to women being topless on public beaches (whether or not it is a pretty sight!). However, on our recent trip to Orient Beach, I found that as I took a walk along the water's edge, there were quite a few fully naked men also walking the beach, one of whom had a large item of jewellry in a place I would have preferred not to have to see.

I am not prudish, as I say I am used to topless sunbathing in Spain, but I thought it wise to warn others who may be offended, especialy in view of the usual attitude to nudity in the US.

Incidentally, we had a great day although the water was quite rough and could knock you over easily.

Cinnamon

Could you please explain that 'usual attitude'?

gary

Gary, how did you get that snip-snip in, hand typed?

The Europeans are always condescending towards the US, just somewhat more blatant than usual in this post.

We were on Orient in 2005 off the Connie, when this woman, from Texas I think, staying 2 weeks at a villa, wandered up to everybody off a ship and offered to give us a strand of beads from the 30 pair around her neck if we all dropped our drawers. This was mighty neighbourly of her since the beads were all she had on. She seemed slightly sloshed as was her husband standing 40' away talking to some others. So don't tell me about prudish US types.:D

Gary, how did you get that snip-snip in, hand typed?

The Europeans are always condescending towards the US, just somewhat more blatant than usual in this post.

We were on Orient in 2005 off the Connie, when this woman, from Texas I think, staying 2 weeks at a villa, wandered up to everybody off a ship and offered to give us a strand of beads from the 30 pair around her neck if we all dropped our drawers. This was mighty neighbourly of her since the beads were all she had on. She seemed slightly sloshed as was her husband standing 40' away talking to some others. So don't tell me about prudish US types.:D

......so........how many dropped trou......:)

......We were on Orient in 2005 off the Connie, when this woman, from Texas I think, staying 2 weeks at a villa, wandered up to everybody off a ship and offered to give us a strand of beads from the 30 pair around her neck if we all dropped our drawers. This was mighty neighbourly of her since the beads were all she had on. She seemed slightly sloshed as was her husband standing 40' away talking to some others. So don't tell me about prudish US types.:D

Being you were on Orient Beach, it seems to me she was saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Also seems to me, all of you "off the Connie" were there looking for a "show" and she gave you one. :D

You have misunderstood my use of the term 'usual attitude'

It is your media I was referring to.

We were in the States when the 'wardrobe malfunction' happened at the Superbowl. We were amazed at the reaction on the News media which carried on for ever. Also, in the latest film 'The Holiday' as in many others, the woman is wearing a bra for the love scene. And yet very violent images are portrayed constantly. It has always seemed anomalous to me.

Please, no flaming. I was just trying to warn parents that they might have trouble explaining a naked man with piercings in painful places!

Cinnamon, I am 100 percent american (would never want to be anything but !!) and I do understand what you are saying. In the whole, Americans do view nudity as something dirty, or should I say they make it something dirty.

Alot of other countries see it as a pure statement, nothing sexual at all.

So some of us did understand your point of view and were not offended at all.

And I really have no desire to see fully naked men running around with pierced cockadoodle doooooosssssss !!!! lol

......so........how many dropped trou......:)

Most of us were there to drop our drawers anyway which of course we didn't bother to tell her. She was hard working and personally placed the beads around each of us. If DW didn't complain why should I?

Y'all have a good time, YEE-HAW.

I estimate this was our 20th time to this beach, counting the 2 week long trips we took in the past.

BTW, the obvious family groups who WERE gawking she left alone and they didn't come near her. I did see two little 10 yr boys who were ready to approach her until mom yanked them away. YEE-HAW

You have misunderstood my use of the term 'usual attitude' ....................Please, no flaming. I was just trying to warn parents that they might have trouble explaining a naked man with piercings in painful places!

Ouch !!! Too painful to look at :eek:

But seriously, most Americans who go to SXM are aware of Orient and it's denizens and those who choose to go have either 1) gotten used to it and partake or 2) go for a one time gawk.

Also, there are lots of c/o beaches in the US, how many in Britain?

YEE-HAW.

I was just wondering, I have never been to St. Martin before so are ALL the beaches either topless or nudity. I am a Canadain and do not wish to expose any part of my body, everyone else each to their own. So if there is a beach where we could lay out and not feel out of place please let me know. Thanks.

I was just wondering, I have never been to St. Martin before so are ALL the beaches either topless or nudity. I am a Canadain and do not wish to expose any part of my body, everyone else each to their own. So if there is a beach where we could lay out and not feel out of place please let me know. Thanks.

Not everyone on the Orient is nude! You should not feel out of place, just remember to always LOOK AT THEM IN THE EYES!:D We are going, I have never been on a nude beach and I will NEVER take my clothes off in public like that, even though my bod is not bad at all I work out every day and stay trim and fit! DH? he may who knows! YOU CAN LOOK BUT YOU CANNOT TOUCH! ;)

The beaches on the Dutch side are usually tamer.

Nobody forces anybody to take their clothes off on Orient and if you stick to the northern end, away from Club O and Pedros and closer to the Mont Vernon Hotel, you will see far fewer dangling thingees and bouncing boo_bies.:D

The beaches on the Dutch side are usually tamer.

Nobody forces anybody to take their clothes off on Orient and if you stick to the northern end, away from Club O and Pedros and closer to the Mont Vernon Hotel, you will see far fewer dangling thingees and bouncing boo_bies.:D

HE he! I love it! I am looking forward to seeing those dangling thingees! I am not dead I can still look! ;)

The VAST majority of people on Orient beach will be wearing bathing suits and so you would not feel out of place wearing one there. There will be topless women on virtually every beach on the island but on NO beach will the majority of women be topless. So you can wear a full bathing suit without being out-of-place. Of course if you choose to wander up to the extreme south end of Orient Beach where Club Orient (the Naturist resort) is located, most people there will be nude. On the rest of Orient beach there will be people in bathing suits, some topless women and the occasional nude person will stroll by.

Could you name a few beaches for me to look at, since I am not acustomed to such beaches I do not know how I would react to someone walking by nude...let alone having such things pierced :eek: ! I just got my belly piercing done and just about fainted, would NOT want to imagine a man or woman doing that. Oh well, but yes I would like to lay out and relax drink my mango martini and soak up the sun. Glad to hear not everyone will be topless or nude. If my sis and brother in law or my aunt and uncle were not going to be with us....crap we would go topless to, just to say that I have done it!!!!:cool:

. If my sis and brother in law or my aunt and uncle were not going to be with us....crap we would go topless to, just to say that I have done it!!!!:cool:

If you go to OB with other people and take it all off usually it would be with REAL GOOD friends or strangers. We have gone many times and let it all hang out but would never do it with family, too weird especially with adult children.

The VAST majority of people on Orient beach will be wearing bathing suits and so you would not feel out of place wearing one there. There will be topless women on virtually every beach on the island but on NO beach will the majority of women be topless. So you can wear a full bathing suit without being out-of-place. Of course if you choose to wander up to the extreme south end of Orient Beach where Club Orient (the Naturist resort) is located, most people there will be nude. On the rest of Orient beach there will be people in bathing suits, some topless women and the occasional nude person will stroll by.

Would you say if someone wondered up to the EXTREME SOUTHERN part of Orient Beach with a suit on would feel out of place or not?

Would you say if someone wondered up to the EXTREME SOUTHERN part of Orient Beach with a suit on would feel out of place or not?

As was said by gtaylor - if you are wandering around with your camera or camcorder - be prepared to have your pictures forcibly erased by Club Orient security (and YES they CAN and WILL do that once you pass the sign for the Naturist Beach). Elsewhere on Orient Beach you can take pictures if you want but NOT in front of Club Orient - so stow any camera equipment when you reach that part of the beach . Other than camera issues, no-one will care if you have a suit on or not but at that specific end of the beach (extreme south end) those with suits on will be in the minority.

As was said by gtaylor - if you are wandering around with your camera or camcorder - be prepared to have your pictures forcibly erased by Club Orient security (and YES they CAN and WILL do that once you pass the sign for the Naturist Beach). Elsewhere on Orient Beach you can take pictures if you want but NOT in front of Club Orient - so stow any camera equipment when you reach that part of the beach . Other than camera issues, no-one will care if you have a suit on or not but at that specific end of the beach (extreme south end) those with suits on will be in the minority.

Thanks for the info, very helpful! I know DH and other males really want to go, I do just to VIEW:p . Do you see all sizes (of People)or are they all fit and trim?

Just came back from NCL Dawn today and when we were in St. Martin on 12/12, we rented a car from Hertz and drove around the island for a day. We stopped at the Orient beach on the Pedro's end and saw a couple completely nude walking on the beach. They looked like they are in their 50's and there is nothing special about them.

Our next beach stop was at the Moho beach and there was a very young and attractive lady on the beach and she was topless. The bar at Moho offers topless lady free drinks.

Wants2fly

Archived