***live From The Sun Princess*** (12/10/06)

arlenemilt

Good morning Arlene,

A shot from Barbados.The bridge cam seems to be a lot clearer lately.Noticed it with other Princess cams as well.Wondering if they renewed the cams,perhaps fleetwide?

Great to get that on board credit.If P&O/Princess Australia lost air con we would get nothing.

2zg85ef.jpg

...you do know there is a "Live from the Sun" thread that's been going on since 1/05...don't you?:rolleyes: Lot's of people there have contributed to it and it's nice when people keep it updated "Live".

Care to join us there?

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise,;)

CFL

I agree with Bill!! One other cruise we really enjoyed was the 15 day Hawaii on the Island. With 10 sea days it was great!

I agree having got off the Isalnd Princess on Nov. 5 . She is my favorite Princess ship so far .

...you do know there is a "Live from the Sun" thread that's been going on since 1/05...don't you?:rolleyes: Lot's of people there have contributed to it and it's nice when people keep it updated "Live".

Care to join us there?

Enjoy the remainder of your cruise,;)

CFL

Yes, I am fully aware that you've had a Sun thread going on forever. However, I prefer to remain with this one for these ten days and will then disappear into my next venue. Thanks for the invite.

Arlene

For those that are looking at the cam, the sky is very interesting now in its last stages of sunset.

I've also forgotten to report on a most important aspect of this cruise. Chocolate Chip Cookies! They are wonderful. And huge! :D That's it. Need to get ready for dinner.

Arlene

Yes, I am fully aware that you've had a Sun thread going on forever. However, I prefer to remain with this one for these ten days and will then disappear into my next venue. Thanks for the invite.

Arlene

Thanks Arlene for not abandoning this thread in favor of the one that's just too long to read. Every time I think I'm going to open it I get exhausted.

For those that are looking at the cam, the sky is very interesting now in its last stages of sunset.

I've also forgotten to report on a most important aspect of this cruise. Chocolate Chip Cookies! They are wonderful. And huge! :D That's it. Need to get ready for dinner.

Arlene

We had a lovely Sunset over the Gulf this evening;) & the last few hours, we have been passing dozens of oil rigs all light up like small towns on the Water, very pretty!:D The Ball is in your court Sis, until little Bro, revs up Tomorrow sometime late in PPT? (He's almost one day ahead, correct?) Later....:) Bill (Live on the Golden) 10:25PM CST

This Place is Ready to Close Soon!:(

...that's just too long to read. Every time I think I'm going to open it I get exhausted.

Huh?:rolleyes:

You do realize that for someone booked to sail the Sun,there is no better resource on the day-to-day doings aboard her.It has been running just shy of 2 years thanks entirely on live posters taking time to post their observations.I may have started it but everyone else kept it going.

I fail to see how that's exhausting to read...

You do realize that for someone booked to sail the Sun,there is no better resource on the day-to-day doings aboard her.It has been running just shy of 2 years thanks entirely on live posters taking time to post their observations.I may have started it but everyone else kept it going.

Sorry for the hijack OP,thank you for your live updates.

No offence please! I read the prior 10 pages of the "original Live" when we booked the Sun early Nov. and kept up reading from there. It was/is informative and interesting and I learned a lot. I understand it's important to keep it on the front page, but some of the "side" talk makes it tedious. A new and current LIVE link is important as we are leaving in 4 days.:D We are just interested in "US" for the moment.:) :) :)

So here it is already Saturday. Where oh where did the week go? I can't believe we've only 4 more sleeps to go. :)

Good Morning from Dominica where it's hot, humid (so what else is new? :D ) and drizzling. Just a fine mist actually. Already very quiet on the ship at this early hour; ship was in port when we got up at 6:30 and it's 8:30 now. We've been here before so will just walk off and look around at the usual crafty stuff for sale.

Last night's entertainment was a comic/magician (Peterson; don't remember his first name) who was OK. Mostly old stuff, which when you see it from the second row, is probably not as entertaining as when you're straining to see it from the back rows. Milt likes "up close and personal" seating, so I defer to him. Also, last night was caribbean night for those who chose to stay up late, look at food/desserts, and eat ribs, etc. at midnight. Not moi. I did eat a choc. chip cookie with my diet Pepsi at 11:00 PM. Bad, bad me! :p Early treadmill this morning worked it off; I hope.

Tonight's major showtime will be the vocalist we didn't like from the first night; Tony Cherry. We'll pass on him and attend the comedy show in the Vista Lounge; Carl Strong. Don't know anything about him, which is good. I like surprises. There's also going to be Princess Jeopardy at 10:30; right up my alley. Would love to be a contestant, but when it depends on a lottery, I'm out. No luck in that department at all. And, there's also a conflict with Karaoke. So many things, so little time. :confused:

So there you have it. A synopsis of yesterday; a look at today. Bye for now.

Arlene

I'm enjoying your postings, Arlene. Thanks for taking time out from your cruising days to do so. Maybe we'll have to start a Friends of Tony (FOT Live from ...) something or other to signify why the group enjoys keeping up with one another through our various cruises this way.

Keep up the good work and, most of all, savor the next 4 sleeps.

Maybe we'll have to start a Friends of Tony (FOT Live from ...) something or other to signify why the group enjoys keeping up with one another through our various cruises this way.

Maybe it's because we're friendly/fun people who enjoy other friendly/fun people. I'm soooooooooooooooo modest. :D Tony is already in Tahiti. Isn't it tomorrow there? I expect we'll be hearing from him shortly.

Time to go look for chocolate chip cookies.

Arlene

Tony is already in Tahiti. Isn't it tomorrow there? I expect we'll be hearing from him shortly.

No ...its still yesterday in Tahiti...want to get confused?

Its tomorrow here in NZ,so Tony will leave our shores today 17th and arrive in Tahiti just after midnight our time which is tomorrow here, but will be today there,so he will arrive in Tahiti (time wise) before he leaves here.

Well its sort of like that.All I know is that he arrives in Tahiti in time to catch the ship.

Arlene,with your cruise being pre Christmas are they playing lots of Christmas music?Have they started decorating the ship at all?

No ...its still yesterday in Tahiti...want to get confused?

Its tomorrow here in NZ,so Tony will leave our shores today 17th and arrive in Tahiti just after midnight our time which is tomorrow here, but will be today there,so he will arrive in Tahiti (time wise) before he leaves here.

Well its sort of like that.All I know is that he arrives in Tahiti in time to catch the ship.

Arlene,with your cruise being pre Christmas are they playing lots of Christmas music?Have they started decorating the ship at all?

Here I am in the Koru Club David in Christchurch!...they've put me on a 12 noon flight instead to Auckland instead of my 1:30pm since I got here so early and then connect to NZ#28 from Auckland to Papeete where I arrive at 12:05 am but on the same day in Tahiti on Dec 17th and then make my way to the Sofitel for a late night sleepover and board the ship tomorrow at 11:30am....can't wait!...Tahiti here I come!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Sorry if I offend you but are you kidding? Two years worth of posts would take way too much time to read if you haven't been keeping up with it all along. I like Arlene's shorter thread.

Sorry if I offend you but are you kidding? Two years worth of posts would take way too much time to read if you haven't been keeping up with it all along. I like Arlene's shorter thread.

I tend to agree with you. I think at this point the longer thread has become more of a novelty than anything else...we've cruised ships even just 4 months apart and found that things had totally changed, so the early posts on that thread really provide minimal value at this point (and value that is probably duplicated in other, more recent posts anyways).

I guess I don't feel that people should be compelled to post on solely the longer thread or a new one...whatever floats their boat!;) Just post! Especially you, Arlene!

Archived