Live Poolside from Century!

TechKnowBabble

This ship is beautiful. Although I didn't see her 'pre-facelift' I think they have done a beautiful job. Its a cloudy day here in Miami but everyday on a cruise is a gorgeous one. Wish you all were here!

Hi Techknow !

I was on Century last week, and we had a great Cruise. I hope you have a wonderful time as well !

Bon Voyage !

I am glad to hear she is so beautiful! People can't say enough good things about Century. I hope it continues that way too. I have 9 months to go before my trip but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to the Martini bar!;)

I have enjoyed my time on Century immensely, but have taken the following knowledge away with me. I will not do another cruise less than 7 days. Number 1 its too short, number 2 the guests are COMPLETELY different from the 'norm' for Celebrity. Which in my opinion was not a good thing. Right now we are waiting and waiting and waiting to disembark. Not Celebrity's fault but from my understanding customs is being kinda nit-picky. So we wait. If anyone is sailing Celebrity soon and sees a group called The Cat's Pajamas on the daily DO NOT miss them. They are a fantastic a capella group.

I have enjoyed my time on Century immensely, but have taken the following knowledge away with me. I will not do another cruise less than 7 days. Number 1 its too short, number 2 the guests are COMPLETELY different from the 'norm' for Celebrity.

I agree!

I agree!

I Agree also Ed. It is a shame that Century is being wasted on short Caribbean sailings. Even though the schedules are already made, I wish Celebrity would re-think this, and at the very least add some longer sailings into the mix for 2007/2008. I do not see why Celebrity has to make the itineraries the same for the entire season. Why cant they get creative, and have some 4/5 night sailings, and scatter in some 9 night sailings as well ? This way, they can please those who want short sailings, and those who want longer sailings. Makes perfect sense to me.

number 2 the guests are COMPLETELY different from the 'norm' for Celebrity. Which in my opinion was not a good thing.

Could you explain what you mean by a "completely different "norm'?:confused: I will be on the Century next month.

The 'norm' they are referring means more well seasoned cruisers.

The 'short' hauls tend to attract more partiers, unruly kids, those who ignore dress codes and standards many look forward to on a cruise. Because they are short it becomes more of a 'Get-a-way' than a vacation.

From my experience pax tend to want to carry on and off all of their luggage, tying up elevators and stairways. They tend to binge more, and in general be a more raucous crowd.

The 7 day adventures curtail some of this behavior, and the longer 10 to 14 day cruises attract more seasoned traditional cruisers, less children, and less partiers.

Being said, I have noticed a 'rougher crowd on short cruises to the Caribbean and Mexico than I have on short PNW cruises.

Dave:eek:

The three and four day Pacific NorthWest Cruises out of Seattle.

BTW: Just an observation of mine....I could have just been on the right cruises at the wrong time or the wrong cruises at the right time. Last year the Century 2 nighter out of FLL had some of the BEST pax you could ever hope for. Many actually dressed to the nines for dinner even though it was casual both nights. I hope for the same this year. After that on the Monarch we expect a less formal partying crowd as per review. We will be wearing our dinner jackets for the one formal night, as we do respect the tradition of cruising, regardless of tales of shorts and jeans....Just like mom said...If everybody jumps off the bridge are you gonna follow? (Only if a bungee cord is attached:D )

Actually, Bububr, the worst "bunch" I ever saw on a cruise was on an 11 night on Millennium in April of 2002. There was a large group from South America that was the RUDEST bunch of sew & sews EVER!!!! They took over the ship in ways I can't even explain; they body-slammed us at the buffet (I'm not EVEN exaggerating!!!), they dominated the pools and the jaccuzis, including their diapered toddlers, (EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!!), they smoked wherever they felt like it, no matter where they were on the ship, and they spoke NOOOOOO English whatsoever. It was NOT a pleasant experience. I'm in NO hurry to repeat it.:eek:

Morale of story: you just never know who you're sharing the ship with.

Groups tend to do that. Take over the ship, act badly because feel protected by the rest of their group. Sorry you had a bad cruise. However might have preferred your group to our group of Bible Banger born agains on a conference. After the cruise I thought, I sure hope I go to H***, because there NO WAY I'm spending eternity with a bunch of big mouthed, judgemental hypocrites like them...They were pretty bad to the point a number of passengers put in complaints about them.

At least with your 'bad' group I might have have a better time.

We leave this Thursday ( 12/20) for nine nights on the Century. While we expect a lot of kids ( including our own) due to the holiday I hope we do not expereince the same issues.

Any advice on where to find the quiet areas on the ship? We have not been on a smaller X ship for many years. I know the more subdued areas on the larger ships but want to find the less crowded areas.

Ironically, with the exception of Celebrity, I have had the best fellow passengers on the short Carnival cruises here in LA than on my longer cruises. Way more fellow passengers dressed for formal night than on Princess or Holland America. Princess had the most unruley passengers so far. (Based on my experiences.) I wonder if it has more to do with South Florida than the short cruise itself.

Techknowbabble: Surprised to hear you were still waiting to disembark at 10:02 (time of your posting). We did the express disembarkation and had to be in the deck 5 floyer at 6:45am. We had to wait a bit but were off the ship before 7:30am. Surprised to hear you were still on board at 10am!!! :eek:

We leave this Thursday ( 12/20) for nine nights on the Century. While we expect a lot of kids ( including our own) due to the holiday I hope we do not expereince the same issues.

Any advice on where to find the quiet areas on the ship? We have not been on a smaller X ship for many years. I know the more subdued areas on the larger ships but want to find the less crowded areas.

We just got off the Century yesterday. We are not fans of crowds, so we looked for those quiet areas. We never once sat by the pool. Way too noisy and crowded. During the day we mostly hung out at the Hemisphere Lounge, deck 12, forward. It was great. We even got to see a water spout while peering at the ocean! We also spent an unusal amount of time on the Promenade deck. At night it was great, practically had the whole place to ourselves. We also spent some time in the Library. Picked up a great book there and read it all week. And Michaels club was also a place that was quiet. We also visited the Cova Cafe. While it was a little busier than the above places, sometimes they had a string quartet performing. Wonderfully relaxing.

Have a great, quiet cruise!:)

We finally cleared customs about 10:30 ish. Definitely not the best departure BUT not Celebrity's fault in my opinion. Yes when I 'the norm' I meant a slightly older crowd. Less children, less partiers. In regards to the 2007/2008 sailing season I only saw 4 and 5 night Caribbean sailings on Century (unfortunately)

Archived