Onboard Tailor?

Old As Dirt Mom

Funny you should ask. And I apologize in advance for not keeping this on the HAL theme. But last year we were on a 27-day Oceania cruise and well.....my husband needed some pants, let's say, let out....not a tailor to be found. The poor man was in agony. That'll learn him for overeating!!!!!

Good luck in finding one. There must be something for the crew to have alterations, repairs, etc. Probably not for the general public. However, I would be tenacious and ask various people. Although, it didn't help us

i have asked for some alterations to be done on the tux i once rented -the steward took the jacket away and it came back done ---dont have a clue who did the work but i would bet there is someone on board most likely in the laundry who would do things like that for the officers and crew

Does HAL offer the services of a tailor onboard, for last minute alterations/hemming? I have a feeling the answer is no, but just thought I'd check. Thanks.

I doubt there would be a tailor available for routine alterations ... but I am sure that for emergency repairs, HAL has an employee onboard to do them ... a tailor that pretty much services crew and officer uniforms ... but does not make his services available to general passengers.

In other words, for an emergency, yes ... routine tailoring, I tend to doubt it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

:) Thanks for the input, everyone. I'll ask when I'm onboard, and see if the HAL crew can work their "magic" for us! If I have to, I'll resort to safety pins.:eek: (Our sewing machine just "gave up the ghost", I can't sew worth a "dam", anyway, and the local tailor is swamped for the holidays. What's a helpless, hapless housewife to do?)

Karin

There was one on the Veendam last month. I just happened to be in earshot of the Concierge, who made arrangements for another passenger to have his tux altered by the ship's tailor. I would not have thought it, either, except the Concierge kept refering to the "ship's tailor" can do this, the "ship's tailor" can do that. As formal night was just hours away, he was obviously able to get the job done quickly, too!!! Whether this was just a service offered to suite passengers, I have no idea; but the passenger appeared very pleased.

Archived