PLEASE HELP!! Info on Tampa hotels and info..

Shellyld6

I really could use some input. If this isnt where Iam supposed to post this I apologize now.. I have searched post after post to find the answers but cant seem to find them..

1st question is We are porting out of Tampa looking for a hotel would like to book w/ priceline or hotwire to get a good deal but I need to know that if I book with them for a 3* or better that we will have airport and pier shuttle.How can I find this out first?

2nd ?Is where is the closest place to stay to the pier would it be downtown or westshore. how much is it for a taxi ride from either place if no shuttle? Any and all info would be great.. Thank you and if you could write a list of info on hotels w / wo shuttle I would be happy to do more research .Thanks again Shelly

Shelly, look at the Gulf Coast Boards for Tampa information.

Downtown or Westshore areas are the best ones, but sorry I don't know which hotels would have shuttles, and whether you would be able to take advantage of them if you are a Priceline buyer.

First go to this thread, on the Gulf Coast Departures board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108072

It has 1200 posts over a two year period. If it's not mentioned here, you don't want to stay there! Next go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com to see how priceline works, if you have not done so already.

Yes, you will want either Downtown or Westshore, 3* or better. Most Downtown hotels have a free shuttle to the pier, but not from the airport. Taxi should be $20-25. Most Westshore hotels have a free shuttle from the airport, but not to the pier.

After telling you all this, I must also report that we got the 2.5* Residence Inn in Downtown Tampa, for $65 in February.:D

Thank you yes I have looked everywhere and will continue to look but would like to get somthing that will give us both to and from airport and boat shuttle..It says $69.00 on 3* hotels in westshore Im just not quite sure about it all. Thanks again

Archived