Bequia, TrentS, other FLL Experts - Honeymoon Hotel Pls?

tbag124

Hi, Could you guys please recommend a nice hotel for us to stay at for 2 nights pre-honeymoon-cruise in October 2007? We are going to fly into FLL on Tuesday and the Coral sets sail on Thursday.

We have stayed at AmeriSuites before and while we loved it and absolutely would stay there again, we are thinking we would like something a little more "upscale" and special for our honeymoon! :) We definitely liked the area AmeriSuites was in also, with the restuarants and stores so close!

Thanks so much! :)

Ok...whewwww...I just called...they are not sold out yet, they just dont have the pricing available online yet....for everything that they say the hotel offers, the pricing is actually not that bad....and I know it must be beautiful if you recommended it Bequia! :) Thanks so much for your help! I think I'm going to book it!

One more question please - he said it's about 3 miles from Port Everglades and about 5 miles from the airport....could you please tell me a little bit more about what to do in the area for dinner, etc.? When we stayed at AmeriSuites we went to Outback for dinner, etc. If you were going on your honeymoon, where would you go to dinner, etc.?

I was going to ask about a beach, but since they said they have a private beach, i guess that takes care of that!

Thanks!! So Excited! :)

There is only one hotel in Ft Lauderdale I'd recommend for a honeymoon, The Lago Mar, anything else is just a hotel.. ;)

http://www.lagomar.com/

//////

Bequia, did the new St. Regis open up yet?

I'll be down next month for a girlfriend's bachelorette party (we have two other girlfriends who have houses right off 17th and we are staying there) but wanted to check out the St. Regis.

One more question please - he said it's about 3 miles from Port Everglades and about 5 miles from the airport....could you please tell me a little bit more about what to do in the area for dinner, etc.? When we stayed at AmeriSuites we went to Outback for dinner, etc. If you were going on your honeymoon, where would you go to dinner, etc.?

Let's see, your on your honeymoon right? First night I wouldn't leave the hotel. I would eat at the in house restaurant called Acquario. I'd grab a candle lit table in the corner and have a romantic, unrushed dinner. After dinner I'd have a nightcap in the hotels Wine Cellar Lounge, then I'd walk around the property, listen to the surf, sip some more wine and retire to my room.

Dinner on day two, I'd go to the nearby Hyatt Pier 66 and have dinner at the Grille 66 http://www.grille66andbar.com/ or the Marriott Harbor Beach Resorts restaurant 3030 Ocean http://www.3030ocean.com/. Both are less then 5 minutes from the Lago Mar and both are "honeymoon worthy restaurants".

Honeymoons only happen once, savor it, create those unforgettable memories. Staying at the Lago Mar is a great choice. Eating at a fine restaurant would be as well. You can go to Outback anytime, in fact when the kids come you'll be eating there more often then not.:p

For me, it's all about the romance. ;)

Have a wonderful visit and I'd love to hear your thoughts when you return.

Bequia - Thank you so much for all your help and advice! I really do appreciate it! :) I feel like we are just getting set up to have such a special time already!!!! :)

I will absolutely report back after the trip!

(I will probably also have more questions between now and then! ;) )

Actually, here's another one! LOL - The St. Regis - is that supposed to be nicer then the Largo Mar? Should I hold out booking til that one opens??

Again, thank you so so much!!!! :)

Actually, here's another one! LOL - The St. Regis - is that supposed to be nicer then the Largo Mar? Should I hold out booking til that one opens??

The St. Regis is going to be an exceptional hotel. The only down side is that it's across the street from the beach. I prefer a property where I can literally step out my door onto the beach. If it were my honeymoon my first choice would still be the Lago Mar.

/////

The St. Regis is going to be an exceptional hotel. The only down side is that it's across the street from the beach. I prefer a property where I can literally step out my door onto the beach. If it were my honeymoon my first choice would still be the Lago Mar./

Hmmm...yeah, i completely agree w/ you! I am so excited about the private beach now, i've already pictured just stepping right out to it! :) Thanks so much! :)

The St. Regis is going to be an exceptional hotel. The only down side is that it's across the street from the beach. I prefer a property where I can literally step out my door onto the beach. If it were my honeymoon my first choice would still be the Lago Mar.

oops, double post!

Archived