Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge in Art Deco area of Miami

Joyfredsblondecruiser

The Clevelander Hotel has a great outdoor bar and the restaurant is mostly outdoor seating right along the sidewalk. The place is hugely popular and a great place to people-watch....both those walking by on the sidewalk and those passing by in cars. Logo store inside the hotel too.

Watch the receipt to see if automatic gratuity is added so you don't pay twice.

BobK/Orlando

The Clevelander is fun, if you are 22 years old but they do have a good happy hour.

My favorite afternoon cocktails is at the pool bar at The Delano.

Early evening the rooftop of The Hotel.

Night time is Sky Bar at The Shore Club.

Come on now BlueHerons, you don't have to be 22 to enjoy people-watching during drinks and dinner at the Clevelander. I do agree the pool bar at the Delano is very cool, the hotel is an awesome sight, but it's a long walk north from the heart of South Beach At the Clevelander you're in the heart of South Beach and the whole SoBe scene plays out in front of you. Much more interesting, to me anyway.

BobK/Orlando

Come on now BlueHerons, you don't have to be 22 to enjoy people-watching during drinks and dinner at the Clevelander. I do agree the pool bar at the Delano is very cool, the hotel is an awesome sight, but it's a long walk north from the heart of South Beach At the Clevelander you're in the heart of South Beach and the whole SoBe scene plays out in front of you. Much more interesting, to me anyway.

BobK/Orlando

Yes, it is fun but I can only handle the Clevelander until about 7PM:D

If its people watching you want to do then the place to be is on Ocean Drive. The Cleavlander is certainly one good place to park your self for drinks. However, There are many other places to choose from. A stroll up Ocean Drive is very nice as you see the architecture as well as the people. News Cafe is another great spot to stop and have some dinner and a drink. If you prefer something more casual Fat Tuesday's or Wet Willies is a great place for frozen drinks. A stop at Finnegans Way is also a nice casual time.

If you are looking for a more sophisticated crowd and older you defiantely would want to visit Sky Club or the Bar at the Delano. However one of my favorite places is Tantra. For great dinner and fabulous drinks with a very intimate atmosphere.

I think that another great place for cathcing dinner and people watchng is Lincoln Road Mall. There is a plethora of restaurants to choose from all types of cuisine as well as places to get a drink. Can Dyke's is a great place to catch some live jazz in the upstairs area while getting a nice glass of wine.

No matter where you go in SoBe, bring $$. We had drinks (4) and apps (2) at the Clevelander - and with tax & auto gratuity, it was $75.12. Mom and I were just trying to waste an hour waiting for DH & Dad to get the rental car, so we decided to hang out there and people watch, car watch, etc. It was wonderful to sit and see the world go by, one Bentley and Lambroghini at a time! ;)

We just wrote the expense off as entertainment dollars. Their Mojitos were wonderful and were almost worth the $10 each they cost! :eek: Regardless, we loved South Beach and for as much as we got out of our time there, we didn't feel like we overpaid for anything - it just costs more to be in such a cool and interesting place.

Archived