Marriott Marina Fort Lauderdale

Trixsea

I would appreciate any info you can provide. I stayed at the Embassy Suites in May and was a little disapointed. I am planning a precruise stay in September and would like to try something different. Thanks.

Trixsea, I just got this hotel on Priceline for $60 per night on Aug. 26 (pre-cruise). I was actually trying for the Embassy Suites. What didn't you like about Embassy? Thanks and I've only heard great things about the Marriott Marina. Scott.

Hi Scott,

Having stayed ay both hotels numerous times.......I'd pick Marina Marriott. They have the Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi, nice pool, restaurant on the water, Tiki Bar..........nice yachts to look at. Agreeing with others.....ask for an upper floor with view of port. (My old favorite #1224)

The Embassy Suites has better amenities, but the service was lacking. The free aiport shuttle was a 40 minute wait for me, but others waited over an hour. The front desk did not answer the telephone on Saturday morning. I realize that it was a very busy time, but when I went to the lobby to get a bell hop, there were several standing around waiting to help. I also felt that though the rooms were very spacious, the hotel itself was dated and in need of some repair.

I feel better about our Marriott win then. I also printed out the $50 coupon that we'll use for the water taxi. That extra night that we're staying will be sooo nice, especially at the rate we got.

I have Marriott rewards points, so I'm looking at the Marriott Marina, Marriott Harbor Beach or the Renaissance. Coming in two days pre-cruise with family, including 12 yr. old sons. What do you all recommend?

Bobbi

I stayed at the Marriott last March, won it as well on priceline. I found it to be a great hotel. I am hoping for it again this coming March.

They don't have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, you need to take a taxi, which isn't bad, everything is so close in Ft. Lauderdale. They do, however, have a shuttle to the pier the next morning, sign up for it when you check in.

Enjoy your stay here, we did.

kiberkid, the marriott marina is a 3*. i had started at $50 and added zones that don't have 3* in ft. lauderdale. I knew that Priceline uses the Marriott and Embassy suites for their downtown FLL properties. Try http://betterbidding.com/ , it's a great site for learning how to save money on Priceline. I used it for tips on a rental car as well. Good Luck!

The Embassy Suites is getting very dated and was really dirty when we stayed there in June. While the lobby looks good, that's where it ends. Our room was very dirty.

On the other hand, the free breakfast was good and the pool seemed nice.

• 1 month later...

Archived