First time RCI Cruiser - Mariner 11/07 Good Choice/Good Price?

vesw01

We are looking at taking our 5 kids on ther Mariner 11-4-07. Inside cabins b/c we had a very hard time finding connecting cabins on any cruiseline.

Cabin 1 - 4ppl deck 8, $2915

Cabin 2 - 3 ppl deck 8, $1811 - total of $4066

Kids will be 14, 13, 5,4, and 3

s.gifs.gifs.gifs.gifShip Name: Mariner Of The Seas

Departure Port: Port Canaveral, Florida

Ports of Call: Port Canaveral, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Port Canaveral, Florida

2007 Date(s): Nov 04

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite $599.00 $948.00 $1,249.00 N/A

s.gif

Any thoughts or suggestions? We have only cruised on a different line before...........

Would appreciate any help!!

Victoria

Only you know if the price is within your budget! If you can afford it, don't mind paying the price, and you want to cruise, then go for it! Overall, I think cruising is still a bargain, although not as much as in the past! When you consider that all of your food is included, and you work out what a land-based resort would cost your rather large family, then I think you'll find the price is reasonable. RCI is a good cruiseline, and great for the kids, as well.

How is RCI's pricing comparing to the "other" line?

I think taking 7 people on a cruise for $3,300+ is a good price for a beautiful ship. It is hard to find connecting cabins for so many people. I think your family will love this ship. Have you called Royal Caribbean and inquired about their "family suites"? They won't come up as available on the site but that might be another option. Good luck planning and have fun on your cruise.

Those are good prices, but keep in mind that with the ages of your children the cabins must be directly next to each other or directly across the hall if you were getting an outside with the kids inside. This is according to RCCL rules. Also, remember the rooms are very small and you will be very crowded with 4 in one room and 3 in the other. If feeling cramped doesn't bother you, then go for it. The 3 & 4 persons in a room will sleep on beds that are like bunks that come down from the wall above the other beds.

Also when looking at prices don't forget that taxes and ports fees are typically listed as an additional cost on most internet sites that provide pricing.

We are looking at taking our 5 kids on ther Mariner 11-4-07. Inside cabins b/c we had a very hard time finding connecting cabins on any cruiseline.

Cabin 1 - 4ppl deck 8, $2915

Cabin 2 - 3 ppl deck 8, $1811 - total of $4066

Kids will be 14, 13, 5,4, and 3

s.gifs.gifs.gifs.gifShip Name: Mariner Of The Seas

Departure Port: Port Canaveral, Florida

Ports of Call: Port Canaveral, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Port Canaveral, Florida

2007 Date(s): Nov 04

Stateroom:Prices From*:Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite $599.00 $948.00 $1,249.00 N/A

s.gif

Any thoughts or suggestions? We have only cruised on a different line before...........

Would appreciate any help!!

Victoria

Several friends of ours' that we met on our recent Brilliance cruise are sailing on the Mariner, which they've sailed on before and LOVED, on 10/14/07. One couple in particular, whose login name is Rosecitycruisers, loved it so much they are taking their entire family on this upcoming Mariner cruise. I know that they would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Log on to their roll call, Mariner, 10/14/07, and I think you will have all of your questions answered.

Archived