Amerisuites ft. lauderdale...Icky but okay

We stayed at the Amerisuites twice. Once pre-cruise and once post cruise.

Just to give you an idea we are Hampton Inn, Amerisuites type people.

After reading reviews I was pretty scared about staying here. The first night we got a room on the first floor. It was just kinda dark and dingy but fine.

The beds were pretty bad. Like if you sit on the edge you'll roll off.......you must stick to the middle.

The pullout sofas (both nights) seemed fairly new and not used much. I assumed the linens were clean....and figured my children would survive.

After our cruise, we stayed in a room on the second floor. This room was brighter, but was in worst shape than the first (perhaps because it was brighter).

We got one of the infamous non flushing toilets....well they flush if you hold the handle down for a whole minute. The showerhead and showervalves were all dislodged from the wall and there were holes. The toilet rocked when we sat on it. The bathrooms were just icky.

The rooms were fairly clean.

On both occasions I made several nightime trips to the toilet...(you have my bladder to thank for that)....Believe me I looked for cockroaches as I peed with my feet off the ground (trying to counteract the rocking) but found none.

The hotel itself was fairly clean but on the second night's stay our room was right beside a sorta broom closet with dirty linens and towels just spilling out of it...

The pool was saltwater and it seemd everyone lost interest in swimming when they saw it.

Booked on Valuetrips for $75 a night, it was an okay deal but I would much rather stay a little further away (like Plantation which had similar prices) next time.

Some in our group were upgraded TCB suites which were a little bigger.

e ate at Carlos and Pepes, just a block down....the food was okay...the staff were super rude....they made you feel like they were doing you a favor giving you a table even though the restaurant was half emtpy.

We walked to the port to see the cruiseships off. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to the bridge.

At the publix nearby you can catch the Sun Trolley. For 50 cents it will take you down 17th street to the beaches and then you transfer onto another trolley that will take you to Las Olas area.

Archived