Pix of NCL Jewel Penthouse 10502

theonlyjoie

Wow, thanks! I think it is an AC, not an AE. Oops! We are staying in that exact suite on the Jewel next June in the Med! :)

The sun room/bedroom looks slightly smaller than the sun room of 10500 from other pictures I've seen("two-seater" sofa vs. "three-seater" & two chairs)? Or is it the same amount of overall space but the living area is slighter because of the different layout (it looks like the balcony door to 10500 is closer to the end wall, whereas this one is more center room). Plenty of room for us anyway! :cool:

So, how did you like it? ;)

In my webshots you can compare #10002 (the same as Joie's #10502 except reversed) and #10500. #10500 is definitely larger with what we called the Sunroom. The Sunroom is that little bump out under the bridge. It does cut into your balcony space but there is still plenty of space for sunning and parties.

Cabin #100002 (10502)

281 sq. ft. cabin

208 sq. ft. balcony

Cabin #10500

357 sq. ft. cabin

144 sq. ft. balcony

PE<---knows you will enjoy thiese or any cabin aboard the Jewel...

http://community.webshots.com/user/planersedge1

I was in 10000. The couch was longer and sitting area was bigger than Joie's. She had the coffee machine and we did not (someone broke it on previous sailing). The balcony was smaller. The thing jutting out was great for shade. Same curtains though! LOL

Coka

PE, When I first saw the pictures I had to ask someone "What the heck is that thing?!" If it was in my cabin, I probably would have tried to put my money/passport/jewelry in it. Just another reason to book it again so I can taste the big machine's coffee while updating my technogical skills at the same time...! Oh, Joie did offer to bring us coffee in the morning!

Coka

Coka - And I quote: "suffering from cruise withdrawal...or the wine withdrawal" Me, too! And cappuccino, mimosas, and your company!;)

W A W W - You asked "What was your intinerary?" 7-day Eastern Caribbean: Miami, San Juan, St. Johns-Antigua, St. Thomas (USVI) and, of course, NCL's private island in the Bahamas Great Stirrup Cay, Miami.

Glad you liked the pix. No, I didn't have turkey on Thanksgiving. I was feasting on salmon tartare, chilled black cherry soup, petite filet mignon, and lovely veggies (under-) cooked just right. Dammm! I just realized I didn't have dessert. Well, guess I'll just have to go back, huh?:p

Duff Man - You're correct, it IS an AC. And it was definitely room enough for me, since I sail solo. I LOVED it! My first penthouse but by no means my last;). You are going to fall in love with cappuccino machine. It grinds the beans fresh, too.

PE - "...knows that nasty little machine is adddddictive." Wow! I get the DTs just thinking about it. In "real life," I don't even drink coffee:confused: Go figure... Hey! I was looking at the penthouses on the Star (for next Thanksgiving) and I do NOT see a cappuccino machine. What's up with that? WAH!:( Does the Pearl have them?

Thanks, guys (and gals)!

Ahhhh... thanks for these photos. I believe the Pearl is her sister ship and we will be in a Penthouse on the Pearl to Alaska. I enjoyed your photos. Did you get goodies delivered to your Penthouse every day?
Oh, yes:D Chocolate-covered strawberries, mini-sandwiches, truffles, and lots of other treats. There's also the "bottomless" fruit which gets replenished as you nosh. You're gonna love it!:cool:

Very cool. We were in a penthouse on an Alaska cruise and NCL provided the same delicious treats every day. We got the same treats in our Mini-suite on the Jewel. Sometimes we'd get treats from the concierge and hotel director both.

A girl can't lose weight on these cruises! Sheesh!

PE - "...knows that nasty little machine is adddddictive." Wow! I get the DTs just thinking about it. In "real life," I don't even drink coffee:confused: Go figure... Hey! I was looking at the penthouses on the Star (for next Thanksgiving) and I do NOT see a cappuccino machine. What's up with that? WAH!:( Does the Pearl have them?

Thanks, guys (and gals)!

Yes, the Pearl does have "THE" coffeemakers along with the Jewel and POH.

PE

So who do we talk to about putting them on the Star? Hey, I know what! NCL could buy a few and rent them out to those of us who have "the addddddiction.":p

I came across a Krup cappuccino maker for $50. Has the steamer thing for the milk but doesn't grind beans. Hmmmmm...

I'm not sure who to talk to, but they are way too big to smuggle off the ship..:D

Its amazing how similar the AC and the AE cabins are...just a smaller balcony and a sliding door....

Tell you what: you cause a distraction, and I'll smuggle 'em off the ship:p

I'm going to try one of the AEs next cruise. There are only 4 on each of two decks (8 and 9, I believe), for a total of 8, on the Star. The Pearl, too, I think. Book 'em early!:eek:

Tell you what: you cause a distraction, and I'll smuggle 'em off the ship:p

I'm going to try one of the AEs next cruise. There are only 4 on each of two decks (8 and 9, I believe), for a total of 8, on the Star. The Pearl, too, I think. Book 'em early!:eek:

LOOK !!! Its Elvis...GO GO GO....:D

True, the AE's do go fast. We have one on each of our next two Dawn cruises...We love the stern....NO WIND

Okey-dokey...

<cue music: David Rose's "The Stripper" >

Ooooops....well, it scared them away, anyhow:o Quick! Get the coffee machines! And RUN:D

roflma! now you know how to get things onboard as well!

Coka-who-is-way-past-her-bedtime

TRIP......BANG...I hit my head..:( ...now you distracted me ..a little warning would have been nice..:D.. This just isn't working...back to the drawing board..This might be more complicated than we originally thought.:cool:

Coka..you must be kidding, we can't get things off...:rolleyes: ... How do you expect us to get things on........:D

ON.....OFF.....ON....OFF...

Sheesh! I feel like a light switch:D

OK, I think I've got it. Coffee machines OFF the ship, all of us ON the ship:eek: Do you think the Stardust Theater would hold all of us? I say let's give it a shot. Maybe if we chartered the whole ship they'd give us free mimosas:p! AND cappuccino!

Hey, Coka, I was watching the Travel Channel and there was footage of the Star Princess' fire!! I told you NO SMOKING!

Rich - Sorry...hope your head feels better. BTW, Go Yankees!(I'm originally from NY.)

Archived