Pix of NCL Jewel Penthouse 10502

theonlyjoie

Great pictures. I'll be in 10500 aboard the Pearl the end of March, and can't wait to go. I do have a question for those of you who have had the forward facining suites. I heard or read somewhere, that you couldn't use the balcony a night, or could open the water tight door after dark. I understand about the wind while running at sea, and also the light which might affect the bridge crew at night, so what's the straight skinny?;)

Great pictures. I'll be in 10500 aboard the Pearl the end of March, and can't wait to go. I do have a question for those of you who have had the forward facining suites. I heard or read somewhere, that you couldn't use the balcony a night, or could open the water tight door after dark. I understand about the wind while running at sea, and also the light which might affect the bridge crew at night, so what's the straight skinny?;)
What the deal is: you're requested to close your drapes at night because the bridge supposedly gets reflections from the light which supposedly interferes with the crew's vision.

When I went out on the balcony at night, I simply turned off my "front room" lights and went out. (After opening the doors, of course:p) I would normally close one of the two doors while I was out there, 'cause I didn't want the stuff in the cabin blowing all over the place. Errrr, yes, it's windy. But I'd take another up$ell to another AC if the price was right. ;)

IF there are any rules against going out on a forward balcony at night, nobody was enforcing them.

You're gonna LOVE it:D

I have had two forward suites. Deck 8 on the Sun...was never asked to close curtains...out there all the time...this deck was two below the bridge so I think that it was far enough away. Deck 10 on the Jewel is one below the bridge and we were asked to keep the curtains closed at night due to glare as Joie mentioned. We never turned balcony light on...did not need it...enough light from the cabin through the curtains. We kept both doors open often without a problem...you just need to close them before opening the front cabin door to hallway!

Coka

DO NOT ever open your balcony door and your "front" door at the same time:eek: The backdraft is simply astounding. No, I didn't. But I saw 2 guys in a hallway outside their cabin, struggling with their door. (Evidently, someone still in the cabin had opened the balcony door.) When they got the door open, everything that wasn't tied down:p started blowing around. I was waiting for the Wicked Witch of the East (West?) to blow by on her bicycle with flying monkeys in hot pursuit.:D

What about the light from the coffee maker.....:D

Wind....The same thing happened to us when we visited our friends in an AC on the Dawn..I leaned into the door, finally got it to open...then the you know what hit the fan...:rolleyes: ...wind, papers and I know I saw a flying monkey..or was it the beer(s)...thats why we love the AE's.

Former NY'er....forgeddaboutit :D

What about the light from the coffee maker.....:D

Wind....The same thing happened to us when we visited our friends in an AC on the Dawn..I leaned into the door, finally got it to open...then the you know what hit the fan...:rolleyes: ...wind, papers and I know I saw a flying monkey..or was it the beer(s)...thats why we love the AE's.

Former NY'er....forgeddaboutit :D

<joie wonders if all NCL ships have flying monkeys> <or flying beers>

Looking forward to an AE. BUT, as I've said, if an AC or better was offered at the right price, I'd take it!;)

About the coffee maker light...Just take it out. That will make the machine easier to carry off, right:p

Archived