How safe is miami for tourist.

va 4 the lovers

i heard some advice not to walk certain place in miami.what parts are not safety and most safe for tourist ,towalk around,NIGHTLIFE,dining ,shopping etc.

by the way what are the safety issue?,what to be avere of as a tourist.

what are do/don'ts

i have one more question in mind,is it ok to socialize,or hang out with local,are they friendly or tired of tourist.

thanks.

From your post I would surmise that you have done very little traveling to larger cities. Miami is simply another large city with typical large city problems. Like other cities it has safe neigborhoods and there are also some neighborhoods where its not very safe. As a tourist with no "street smarts" you should consider staying in a good neighborhood in Miami Beach or South Beach (this is a very interesting area on the South side of Miami Beach). You should probably book a decent hotel and than you can ask the hotel's concierge for advice on what to see and avoid in the area. Also keep in mind that there is a difference between "Miami" and "Miami Beach" and you would be well advised to stay in Miami Beach.

Hank

i heard some advice not to walk certain place in miami.what parts are not safety and most safe for tourist ,towalk around,NIGHTLIFE,dining ,shopping etc.

by the way what are the safety issue?,what to be avere of as a tourist.

what are do/don'ts

i have one more question in mind,is it ok to socialize,or hang out with local,are they friendly or tired of tourist.

thanks.

First and foremost, Miami is no more dangerous than what NEw York, LA, or Chicago would be. There haven't been any incidents with tourist here noted recently.

I would suggest staying in the tourist areas and not wandering off to dark streets or areas you are not aware of. I think that as a tourist you should always be aware of your surroundings and watch yourself here like anywhere else.

Miami thrives with tourism. We meet tourist of every kind every day. We are not unfriendly people and we comingle in all of the places such as South Beach, Coconut Grove, etc.... We are used to dealing with tourist and helping tourist out in an occasion.

Archived