Directions to Tampa terminal

cruisegurl

Good morning everyone,

Does anyone have directions to the Tampa terminal coming from the north? I have serched the board and there was construction about a year ago that was causing some problems and the directions from Carnival apparently were not the best way to get there.

Anyone with updates please?

Thanks!

Sandra

Most of the construction is done now, in the I-275/I-4 junction anyways. I would take 275 south off of 75. Then just take any of the downtown exits. The port is basically in downtown Tampa. Once you get off the interstate, just follow signs for Port of Tampa or Aquarium, they are side by side. The signage in Tampa is very good, there is a sign at every intersectionn, literally.

I would not go the way shown on Carnival's website, I think it's easier to not get on I4. My suggestion:

I-275 into Tampa. Exit at the "Downtown East & West" exit (I THINK it is #45, but not certain of the number; it's right in the area where 275 & I4 merge).

The exit ramp is pretty long & eventually splits into 3 lanes, then forks. You want the left fork, which is the "east downtown" exit. It turns into Jefferson Ave.

Stay on Jefferson several blocks, until you hit Twiggs. Turn Left. Stay on Twiggs until you reach Channelside Drive

Turn right on Channelside, the cruise terminal is a few blocks down on your left, right next to the Florida Aquarium.

Archived