Just Booked Infinity for Hawaii

Spot

Last night we put a hold on Infinity for the April 22nd cruise to Hawaii.

I couldn't believe our luck at snagging a CC aft cabin this close to the cruise (I would have thought they would have all been taken).

We have never been to Hawaii and we are excited to be taking this trip to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary.

This will be our first Celebrity cruise since March 1991 when we were on the Meridian.

In the years since then we've been on 3 HAL cruises, 1 NCL cruise, 1 Commodore cruise, and 1 Carnival cruise.

The only issue for me about this cruise is the pod problems that the M class ships seem to be experiencing from time to time.

Should this really concern me?

Spot,

We have cruised Infinity to Hawaii twice, you will love it and have a GREAT time!

I personally do not worry about the pod problems. They occur on a very small percentage of the overall voyages.

In addition, if you do end up on a voyage where there is a pod problem, then you will be compensated well for the problems that are directly related to your itinerary. We were on Millennium last month in the Med when the pod problems first came up. Except for one port that was cut short by a couple of hours, we did not have any problems (and that did not make a difference, as it was a late port and everyone was back onboard way before the shortened time anyway!). On the next cruise after ours, they lost one port, but received generous onboard credit to make up for it. Then, for the 7 day cruise that was cancelled while they repaired the pod problem, the people were compensated very well.

So, I personally would not worry about it, just enjoy your cruise!

Spot, your concerns are the main reason we book our air with Celebrity. Our cruise was cancelled once because of pod problems and, because we had booked our own air, we were tied into the dates and therefore accepted a cruise we wouldn't normally have taken.

Spot--your post yesterday inspired me to check our own Infinity Hawaii cruise (the one before yours departing on Easter Sunday) for the possibility of an aft cabin (I check often). Lo and behold, there it was at 5pm yesterday afternoon! I jumped on the phone with my TA, and we were booked in no time. Since we were already in a concierge cabin, there was no additional fare collected! Yeah! Can hardly wait!

HURRAH for you for finding and snagging that aft CC. Maybe it's the same one.........take care of it for us just incase it's the same one :D

I guess there are holds that don't pan out and it certainly pays to keep checking - I would have never guessed I would snag one of these coveted aft cabins 4 months before the cruise.

Have a great time TwoBlueCats!!!!

Karyn - what kind of excursions are not to be missed for Hawaii?

Is there anything you can share about these aft CC's? It's been so long since we've cruise with Celebrity that I need any and all information that experienced people are willing to share.

Thanks Karyn!

Archived