Family of 5

viper88

We are a family of five. We are looking into taking a Carnival cruise next summer. It does not look like there is any type of room for a family of 5. Is booking 2 rooms my only option?

We are looking at either Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale or Fantasy out of New Orleans.

Thanks in advance for any information.

It is possible to put 5 in a room on a Fantasy class ship. you will be in a cabin with 2 lowers (two twins that can be converted into a king) and 2 uppers. They will bring a rollaway in as well.

It will be pretty cramped but it can be done. If your kids are old enough to be in a cabin by themselves, then you might consider getting a second cabin next door or across the hall. That way you will have 2 bathrooms and a lot more breathing space.

I have already emailed you about the price and all. The wife and I are talking it over. I would love to cruise out of New Orleans.

The kids will be 9, 6, and 2. One of the reason we are looking at a Carnival cruise is the kids program for the 2 year old. When we cruised in July the 2 older one went to kids club, but we still had the little one. We missed out on all the shows.

Fantasy-class and Destiny-class (Destiny, Triumph, Victory) can have 5 in a cabin. Spirit-class and Conquest-class (that includes Liberty) cannot. We've done 5 in a cabin twice on Victory - we didn't really have a problem with space, although it gets harder as your kids get older.

The kids will be 9, 6, and 2.

you'll be fine in one cabin w/ those ages. the roll aways we've always gotten are little mattresses (smaller than a twin), on a frame, sitting a couple of inches off of the floor (this is good, as you won't have to worry about your 2 y/o rolling off and getting hurt). during the daytime, it slides right under the bed to get out of the way.

I would love to leave the kids at home for a week of R&R. I just cant get grandma and grandpa to watch them while we are gone.:(
funny........we talked to my parents about watching the kids, my dad turned to my mom and said.......have fun Mary, I'll pick you up at the airport when you get back. She did and it was a great cruise.

Another option......add your Mom as an extra guest for a take along Nanny.......put her and the kids in a cabin and you next to them in your own cabin. Use CampCarnival to take some the daycare load along with your family time with the kids (and let your mom relax) and have her help with the kids after dinner.

You'd get time alone, plus family time, mom would get a mini vacation in the caribbean and she'd be helping you out.............win, win for everyone........(remember dad's getting a few days away from mom...LOL!!)

We sent my parents an e-mail saying that things worked out so well for us last time, we had another favor to ask....my mom asked if we were wanting her to stay home with the kids again?.........I said no, we are going to be by you guys for a few days and were wondering if you could watch them a couple of the nights?.............when? she asked...............next October!!...............Isn't that when you are going on your cruise?...................yes but we booked you a Balcony cabin next to ours:D !!!...............you're kidding right?..............Nope!! Upper deck extended balcony!!.....................You're really taking us on a cruise?......Yes!!

It was great!!

Book one room and a sitter at home...:D

Take kids to theme park with savings

Enjoy cruise with each other;)

Take the kids to the theme park with the savings........sorry but I couldn't help but think that'd cost about half a cruise....... $50 entry, $7 burgers, $4 sodas........not to mention the extras. Third or fourth person rate is a couple hundred....

....I do this all the time...."I'M HOOKED".........the wife wants to go to Red Lobster for dinner..............What? Appetizers, drinks and dinner for 2 at RL.....$100...............that's 1/16th of my next cruise.......

Archived