I'm so sad

THERAPYCRUISE

:( We have been planning this cruise for a year and now the weather forecast says rain everyday in every port:( and to top it off I have been fighting a virus for 3 weeks:( antbiotics for 5 days now and just praying I get better in the next 5 days. We leave in 6 days. Someone tell me something good so I can feel better.

Back in May they were predicticng rain for the entirety of my cruise. People were even posting here saying that it was going to rain my whole cruise because the weather forcasted it.

Well it was nothing but sun and fun the whole cruise. We did hit rain one NIGHT. It was cloudy in the morning, but by noon it was clear and sunny.

Don't worry about forcasts and predictions. (do you really listen to them at home? LOL)

I was freaking out at the time too and it worked out. All you can do is go and have fun....it will be ok!! ;)

I would be less concerned about the weather, and more concerned about shaking the virus you have!! You can deal with weather... I've had rain nearly everyday and still had an absolute blast~!! It's rare for it to rain every day all day... the weather in the caribbean typically includes showers, doesn't mean it's going to rain... but you won't enjoy anything if you can't get rid of this virus!!! Get back to the doctor and tell him/her that you only have 5 days!!!! Good luck and feel better soon!

Yep, the tropics have frequent showers. That's what makes the islands so green and lush, and ...uh 'tropical'... all year long.:D However, those showers do not last long, and rarely turn into a real rain. Forecasters are often incorrect, y'know.

Finish up your antibiotics, and change your woe-is-me outlook. I truly hope you'll have a wonderful voyage!:)

Forecast for next week doesn't look great for me either, but first of all, it is a week away and they may be all wrong. Second of all, rain in Florida and in the Caribeean doesn't necessarily last all day like it does here.

Definitely not going to worry about it now.

It is probably hard to have a good outlook when you are under the weather, I hope you are feeling better soon! Almost every cruise I have been on has predicted rain the whole week, it has only rained twice while cruising and both times it was passing showers. Even if it does rain you can still find plenty to do....and it is always better than going through the daily grind at home. Good luck!

I had the same forecast and the same feelings you did a week and a half ago. I just got back from the Valor last night. We were suppsed to have rain rain and more rain. In fact there were high seas advisories for Miami the day we were to leave.

Departure day, was perfect. Sun, warm, amazing! We had 2 really tough days with the weather and that was it! Even so the rain in Belize went un-noticed because we had SO much fun snorkeling etc. The last day at sea it poured and even thundered. Every other day was SUNSHINE with a random morning shower.

Don't worry. I stressed so badly about it and it made the days leading up to the cruise torture. 7 days of forecasted rain and we had 2, and an AWESOME time. :)

Don't stress about it. There is nothing you can do to change it. On our cruise last year it rained on both of our ports - Caymen and Cozumel it poured the whole time. Kids were wet anyway - they had a blast in the fresh-water pool and sister and I sat inside the bar drinking and laughing our _____ off at the girls. RELAX. You are on vacation!

:( We have been planning this cruise for a year and now the weather forecast says rain everyday in every port:( and to top it off I have been fighting a virus for 3 weeks:( antbiotics for 5 days now and just praying I get better in the next 5 days. We leave in 6 days. Someone tell me something good so I can feel better.

I think your biggest worry is why your doctor is giving you antibiotics for a virus. :) Lol, maybe he's worried about a secondary bacterial infection, so perhaps there is a good reason for that. Hope you feel better soon.

As others have said, weather forecasts almost always predict rain in the tropics. You really can't depend on those weather reports. You'll probably have really good weather, so don't worry.

I live in Florida where it can rain and the sun will shine five minutes later

sometimes it even rains when the sun is shining :)

Rain is usually short lived unless it is a tropical depression or hurricaine and that season does not start for months so you are safe

Have a great cruise

:( We have been planning this cruise for a year and now the weather forecast says rain everyday in every port:(....

There's almost always rain in the forecast in the tropics. It may or may not rain every day, but it almost certainly won't rain all day on any day.

:rolleyes: Been on land and sea vacations--has rained, rough waves and even had a hurricane on:D one or more of our vacations---the way I look at it is---it is better than being at work or looking at the 4 walls at home.

Go have fun--you won't melt:p

You know, weather forecasting is like throwing darts on a dart board. I mean, those yoyo's on TV could forecast a 50% chance of rain and *still* get it wrong. :rolleyes: I would take any forecast given with a grain of salt. It might, it might not, but as others said, tropical rains don't typically last very long.

My opinion only - but I LOVE the storms at night. It is so neat to sit on the balcony and watch the storm as it rolls across.

Now that would be so cool to see. :)

I would be less concerned about the weather, and more concerned about shaking the virus you have!! You can deal with weather... I've had rain nearly everyday and still had an absolute blast~!! It's rare for it to rain every day all day... the weather in the caribbean typically includes showers, doesn't mean it's going to rain... but you won't enjoy anything if you can't get rid of this virus!!! Get back to the doctor and tell him/her that you only have 5 days!!!! Good luck and feel better soon!

you got that right GC! No more outbreaks, please. 3 wks is a looong time to have a virus. like CG says, get back to your Dr. a/s/a/p and have him figure out a way for you to kick this thing. Hope you get sunshine. i wld be bummed too. as much as i love many things about cruising, one of my favorites is hanging on LIDO w/ a bucket of beer or Foo Foo drinks and "cooking" in the sun. Pretty hard to do if it's cloudy and raining. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.;)

Go to your doctor and get a B12 shot.

I did that 4 days ago when he put me on the Zithromax. I'm now thinking I may be having an allergic reaction to the drug as my original illness is gone. I have not been able to get out of bed for 3 days now. I am not going to take my dose tonight and see how I feel tomorrow. I only have 4 more days before were supposed to leave.

Archived